The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
The Hindu Editorial Analysis:
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
- Two mass shootings in 48 hours earlier this month in the U.S state of California, claiming 18 lives , have been yet another grave reminder of the plague of gun violence confronting the world’s most powerful country.
- On January 21 , in California’s Monterey park,a gunman massacred 11 people in the country’s deadliest mass shooting so far this year.
- Two days later, seven people were killed in half Moon bay,in northern California .
- A few hours later,a shooting Oakland resulted in one person being killedand seven others injured.
- “Tragedy upon tragedy,” was California Governor Gavin Newsom’s lament about the shootings. U.S. President Joe Biden, once again, called for a ban on assault weapons. Besides these statements, it is doubtful whether the U.S. Congress would pass any meaningful gun control laws.
- In January alone, there have 38 shooting incidents in 17 different U.S. States. In the U.S.where the Second Amendment assures citizens of the right to bear arms,there are about 120 firearms for every 100 residents.
- Yet, despite repeated mass shootings, U.S. still does not have strong national level gun control laws. Every time a mass shooting takes place, Presidents issue strong statements and calls for legislative action, which fall on deaf ears.
- Last year, after an 18 year old former student shot down 19 elementary school children in Uvalde, Texas, Congress passed the widest firearms legislation, the first in three decades,which expanded background checks for gun purchaser under 21 and imposed penalties on gun trafficking and straw purchases.
- Though widely welcomed, it was not enough to control gun violence in a country with the world’s largest per capita guns.
- House Democrats passed an assault weapons ban last year, but it never reached Mr. Biden’s desk as the Bill was stalled in the Senate.
- What did house democrats banned last year and why?
- How many people were killed in Half Moon Way , California and who is responsible for it?
- Stalled- to stop suddenly because the engine is not receiving enough power
- Massacred- the killing of a large number of people or animals
- Confront- to think about, or to make somebody think about
- Vulnerable- weak and easy to hurt physically or emotionally
- Agile- able to move quickly and easily
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP