The Hindu Editorial Analysis
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
- Reported violence against women is the proverbial tip of the iceberg,it conceals more than it reveals.
- But what it reveals can sometimes shock the collective conscience of a nation, especially a heinous crime that plays out in broad daylight as an assault on a young woman.
- Last week’s incident of violence in Chennai,where college student Satyapriya was decapitated as a young man pursuing her romantically pushed her in the path of an outcoming train did no less tug at the heartstrings of the public.
- The incidents of violence against women in train stations in Chennai are following a nearly copycat pattern after Swathi ,a young techie was murdered in 2016,in broad daylight by a man,who was again stalking her, in a railway station.
- In 2021, a Swetha a young college goer was murdered near a suburban train station by a man in a ‘troubled relationship’ with her.
- In each of these cases,the inability of the stalker to accept the fact that his overtures were turned down by the girl directly led to the violence.
- Earlier this month ,an eight year old girl in Delhi was kidnapped, sexually assaulted and murdered.
- In September,the bodies of two teenage girls were found in Lakhimpur Kheri in Uttar Pradesh.
- In the chequered history of handling the many forms of violence against women in India ,the horrific Nirbhaya Rape of 2012 is a definitive milestone.
- It rocked the nation with such force that lawmakers rushed to strengthen laws,and put in place systems and infrastructure that were meant to ensure such dreadful incidents are never repeated.
- The sustainable development goals underline the importance of building safe,resilent and inclusive cities from a gender lens.
- What was the last incident occurred in Chennai?
- What happened to two teenage girls in Uttar Pradesh?
- What was happend to Swetha a young goer?
- Goer- a person who attends a specified place or event.
- Resilent-strong enough to deal with illness.
- Chequered-having a consisting of alternating squares of different colours.
- Overtures- an act of being friendly to someone
- Proverbial-used to show you are referring to a well known phrase.