The Hindu Editorial Analysis:
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
Neutrality and abstention of India.
- Prime Minister Modi’s telephone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensakyy on Tuesday was a significant marker in the continuing of war in Ukraine.
- Although Mr Modi has met and spoken with Russian President Vladimir Putin last month but due to India’s involvement in evacuation of Indian students restricted him to make a conversation with Mr Zelenskyy.
- The phone call from Mr. Zelenskyy came to Mr Modi after a few weeks of meeting with Putin.
- While talking with Mr.Zelenskyy, Mr.Modi complimented that “now is not time for war” for which Mr.Zelenskyy joined western leaders.
- Modi told Zelenskyy that there is no military solution for this conflict.
- They also made a meeting just after India chose to abstain from voting against Russia for conducting referendums and annexing Luhansk,Donetsk,Kherson and Zaporizhzhya .
- Zelenskiy and Mr Modi also discussed the critical importance of nuclear safety, especially the Zaporizhzhya plant.
- The Zaporizhzhya plant is now under the control of Russian and the oblast province which is already annexed by Russia is near the war scene.
- Modi underlined that the endangerment of nuclear facilities could have very bad consequences for the environment and public health.
- MEA also clarified that India is ready to contribute to any peace efforts but Mr.Zelenskyy is not ready to negotiate with the Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- From the past seven months war is going on and which made a dramatic impact on global security,food, fuel and energy supplies.
- This thing is also important that the lines of communication should be open between Russia and Ukraine just like Mr Modi has done with Zelenskyy and Vladimir Putin .
- India has set an example of global peace many times and this time also India can play that role by setting its position more clearly.
- It is important to stop the war because its results is being suffered by many countries including India and war is not only the solution of this type of conflict.
- The government’s defiance of western sanctions on oil and defence trades is understandable in terms of defending India’s national interests.
- While India will continue abstain all votes and referendums that criticise Russia’s actions in Ukraine which include annexation of territories and bombing of civilians.
- What are the bad consequences which are being suffered by the India in the war between Russia and Ukraine?
- India will continue to abstain what against Russia?
- What was the dramatic impact on the World in the war between Russia and Ukraine?
- Which nuclear plant of Ukraine is under the control of Russia?
- What was the suggestion of Mr.Modi to Mr Zelenskyy and in turn what was Zelenskyy’s reply?
- Abstain- to stop yourself to doing something.
- Referendum- public voting on a particular matter
- Defiance- open resistance to obey somebody
- Sanction- a penalty for disobeyiiof any rule or law