Table of Contents
The Hindu Editorial Analysis:
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
- Being the launchpad of the prevailing model of the politics of the BJP and of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Gujarat has a special place in Indian politics.
- With the emergence of AAP as a serious contender for power, the assembly election scheduled for December 1 and 5 is going to be a triangular one, in which the incumbent BJP appears to have a clear edge.
- The Congress , which came close to defeating the BJP in 2017, has been sliding since then,and has shown no will to fight so far
- AAP’s enthusiasm is in stark contrast with the inexplicable indifference of the congress.
- The collapse of a suspension bridge in Morbi and deaths , weakened the claims of the BJP regarding its governance track record, but any organic link between performance and voting preference is rather weak among the party’s supporters.
- The state politics is driven by deep hindu symbolism, and often outright communal polarization.
- AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal is trying to adopt this tested formula by promising Gujaratis free pilgrimage to Ayodhya and challenging the BJP to implement a uniform civil code across the country.
- AAP has no game on the ground in terms of organization or personnel, and its successes have come from the mass appeal of Mr. Kejriwal, leading to automatic voter mobilization.
- The party is hoping that the situation in Punjab, which is soon in March, will be replicated in Gujarat-enough people looking for an alternative to the two key national parties.
- The BJP may not be facing any intense voter antipathy, going by CSDS opinion poll conducted before the morby tragedy.
- More than 70% of the people were favorable towards the BJP, it remained popular even among those who noted that price rise was a concern.
- The investors are allegedly forced to change their original plans to locate in Maharashtra.
- The central investigation agencies are active against AAP leaders , very conveniently for the BJP.
- Despite its comfortable position, the BJP remains restless as the stakes are high.
- In the BJP’S perception, it is much more than a state election.
- How many people were favorable towards the BJP?
- What AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal is trying to adopt?
- What things did Arvind Kejriwal promise to Gujaratis?
- Perception- the ability to notice or understand something
- Antipathy- a strong feeling of not liking somebody
- Mobilization- the action of a country or its government preparing and organizing it’s troops.
- Inexplicable- that cannot be explained
- Contender- a person who may win the competition
- Incumbent- a person who is currently in a official position.