Table of Contents
SBI Clerk Pre-English Language Quiz
English Language is a part of almost all major competitive exams in the country and is perhaps the most scoring section also. Aspirants who regularly practice questions have a good chance of scoring well in the English Language Section. So here we are providing you with the SBI Clerk Pre-English Language Quiz to help you prepare better. This SBI Clerk Pre-English Language Quiz includes all of the most recent pattern-based questions, as well as Previous Year’s Questions. This SBI Clerk Pre-English Language Quiz is available to you at no cost. Candidates will be provided with a detailed explanation of each question in this SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz. Candidates must practice this SBI Clerk Pre-English Language Quiz to achieve a good score in the English Language Section.
Directions (1-7): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words.
Karl Heinrich Marx (1818-1883) was the last of the great evaluator (1) in the Western intellectual service (2). His ideas exerted (3) a decisive influence on all aspects of human target (4), and transformed the study of history and society. They significantly changed anthropology, the arts, cultural studies, history, law, literature, philosophy, political economy, political theory and sociology by determining (5) a link between economic and intellectual life.
By developing a theory (6) of praxis, i.e. unity of thought and action, Marx brought about a sea change in the entire scheme of the social sciences. However, from its very inception Marxism had to promote (7) criticism and critical acclaim.
Directions (8–10) : Which of the words/phrases (a), (b), (c) and (d) given below should replace the words/phrases given in bold in the following sentences to make it meaningful and grammatically correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and ‘No correction is required’, mark (e) as the answer.
- The water crisis has its origin in extensive deforestation, proliferation of bore wells, violent urbanisation, and unplanned development, which has vented havoc with the hydrological cycle, leading to the erosion of many rivers.
(a)Bases, limited, unleashed, affliction
(b)Roots, rampant, wreaked, deterioration
(c)Center, widespread, perpetrate, contamination
(d)Cause, robust, produced, spoilage
(e)No correction required
- The fact that cases pile up in the courts of law has emboldened the terrorists. Some of the offences for which military courts can try civilians are: attacking military officers or installations; kidnapping for ransom; possessing and storing explosives and firearms, creating terror and insecurity in Pakistan and waging war against the State.
(a)Dissuaded, coronations, compensation, engaging
(b)Kindled, deputations, deliverance, ceasing
(c)Incited, induction, tamper, enduring
(d)Fortified, devolution, money, executing
(e)No correction required.
- There have been claims by various media that North Korea has not yet created nuclear shield small enough to fit in a missile. But there have been other expert-based reports suggesting that North Korea already has abbreviated warheads, with some estimates introducing this number at around 20.
(a)Diverse, barrier, diminished, eclipsing
(b)Several, weapon, stretched, concluding
(c)Numerous, warheads, miniaturized, capping
(d)Populous, missile, abridged, oppressing
(e)No correction required
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here