The Hindu Editorial Analysis
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
- China’s decision to block two proposals by India and the United States to list Lashkar-e-Taiba(LeT) commanders on the United Nations security council’s 1267 terror list is part of a well-worn pattern now.
- Since June, New Delhi and Washington have made such proposals, with China placing hold on each.
- This includes Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar’s brother Rauf Asghar and LeT leaders Abdur Rahman Makki(Hafiz Saeed’s brother in law),26/11 handler Sajid Mir and the latest listing requests for Talha Saeed (Hafiz Saeed’s son) and Shahid Mehmood,who is charged with recruitment and collection of funds of terror group.
- Each of these men listed as designated terrorists in India’s unlawful activities act terror list as well as on the federation bureau of investigation.
- Each of them has a record of charges over the past two decades of involvement in the attacks by the LeT and JeM, organisations that are banned by the UN, and responsible for the targeted strikes in India from the IC-814 hijack, parliament attacks and Mumbai 26/11 to Pathankot ,Uri and Pulwama.
- Even so, China’s response to the request has been consistently recalcitrant , placing hold upon hold on the proposals made , regardless of the figure out cuts in the global counter-terrorism space.
- Given the situations India has three choices, the government can abandon the effort until China can be persuaded to change its stance,or it can continue to bring terror listing proposals to the UN knowing they will be blocked by China.
- But showing that China is indeed misusing his power as a permanent member of the security council.
- While the last option seems the most difficult, if not impossible, it must be remembered that China was persuaded to “grey list”.
- Pakistan at the financial action task force from 2012-2015 ,and from 2018 to the present and remove its hold and allow the terror listing of Masood Azhar at the UNSC in 2019.
- It is time for India to consider all its options with China to ensure justice for all the victims of the cross border terrorism that has exacted a deep and lasting toll on the country.
- What should Indians do with China to ensure justice to all victims?
- What are the three choices India has?
- What is the decision of China to block what?
- Explain the whole matter in a summary.
- Persuade- induce to do something through any argument
- Federation- a group of many states that have joined together to make a single group
- Exacted- to demand and get something from anybody
- Indeed- used for emphasizing a positive statement.
- Stance- the opinions that somebody expresses publicly about something.
- Recalcitrant- refusing to follow instructions or rules.