The Hindu Editorial Analysis
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
The importance of an global pandemic treaty:
- The impacts of a severe worldwide crisis in the form of COVID pandemic are the most devastating impacts in the last 100 years.
- Around 18 million people died in this pandemic across the world.
- Along with that over 120 million people around the world are forced to be in extreme poverty.
- It is one of the most losses that the world has survived after the second World war.
- There was not a single nation or entity that could survive the pandemic by all itself. They needed each other to fight against COVID.
- Thus it becomes necessary to begin a treaty that would deal with upcoming pandemics in the world with cooperation.
- Many countries had to go beyond their capacity in the terms of health facilities and the economy level. Although inequality in the disbursement of the medical needs has been observed.
- The World Health Organization has also declared the monkeypox outbreak as a public emergency. It could be the next health crisis if it isn’t dealt with immediately.
- The high income countries are still recovering from the impacts of COVID pandemic and the low income countries have been facing the socio-economic impacts after the pandemic.
- Amidst the pandemic the monopoly of the vaccine provider companies such as Pfizer and others has been seen and these companies made a great profit.
- Although the service of distributing the vaccine is not as improved as the profit of these companies.
- By March 2022, only 3 percent of the population has been covered with the first dose of vaccine. Even though the 60.18 percent population of high income countries is covered with at least one dose.
- The disparity between high income and low income countries is a matter of concern.
- The international target to vaccinate 70 percent of World’s population is missed because of the difference between disbursement.
- India has done a great role in combating the COVID pandemic across the world and setting an example.
- India produces around 60 percent of World’s vaccine production.
- India has also done great in the shipments of vaccines around the world.
- By 2021 ,India shipped a total of 594.35 lakh doses of made in India vaccine to 72 countries around the world.
- We have learnt the lesson from the COVID pandemic and there is so much more to do for combating further health emergencies.
- For this the world needs a stable treaty in global pandemic.
- Describe the need for a global pandemic treaty?
- What is the role of India in combating the COVID crisis?
- What are the great impacts of COVID around the world?
Queue- a line of sequence
Prolonging – extended the duration
Backdrop – background
Mitigate – make less severe
Reinstating – restore
Unfettered – unrestrained