The Hindu Editorial VOCAB : 29th January 2021
In this competitive world, ‘Vocabulary’ plays vital role in every exam. Banking , Railway, Insurance, SSC and other Government exams so here We provides you The Hindu Vocab on daily basis to enhance vocab power and helps you in your preparation for Govt job.
Vocabulary (The Hindu)
- REMISSIBLE (ADJECTIVE): Reasonable, well-founded (असावधान)
Synonyms: logical, admissible
Antonyms: unlikely, improbable
Example: The team took a remissible decision.
- PROSAIC (ADJECTIVE): Unimaginative (सामान्य)
Synonyms: banal, humdrum
Antonyms: creative, interesting
Example: Prosaic people normally do not achieve much in life.
- TIRADE (NOUN): Abuse, outburst (निंदा–भाषण)
Synonyms: invective, ranting
Antonyms: compliment, praise
Example: The drunk driver did not realize his tirade was being captured by a camera in the police officer’s car.
- COALESCE (VERB): Blend, come together (संगठित होना)
Synonyms: consolidate, integrate
Antonyms: divide, separate
Example: Local high school principals have agreed to coalesce around new approaches for college preparation.
- CONTRIVANCE (NOUN): Plan for collusion, plot (युक्ति)
Synonyms: conspiracy, gambit
Antonyms: loyalty, faithfulness
Example: The thief’s contrivance for robbing the jewelry store did not take into account the presence of the guard dogs.
- DOLEFUL (ADJECTIVE): Mournful (उदास)
Synonyms: woeful, sorrowful
Antonyms: elated, cheerful
Example: It must be a doleful morning for her and her family.
- CEREBRATION (NOUN): Thought (दिमाग़ी कार्य)
Synonyms: cogitation, contemplation
Antonyms: avoidance, ignorance
Example: It is a nice cerebration.
- RANTING (ADJECTIVE): Raving (डींग मारना)
Synonyms: angry, raging
Antonyms: serene, placid
Example: Ram is a ranting man.