The Hindu Editorials Analysis :
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
Consumption and investment are required for faster recovery:
- The recent estimate about the GDP of the first quarter of this year is promising and paves the way for optimism towards the economy.
- According to the report of NSO the growth of GDP in the first quarter of this year in comparison to last year’s first quarter is 13.5 percent.
- Although the GDP estimation of the first quarter by the Reserve Bank of India was higher than what is observed by NSO.
- Gross Value Added (GVA) which is measured by the output of eight core sectors is also promising.
- The public administration and defence and other services show a growth of 26.3 percent.
- While six sectors measured sequential contractions.
- The sector of electricity,gas,water and other services is growing by 12.6 percent.
- The sector of financial and professional services is growing by 23.7 percent respectively.
- The private financial consumption expenditure witnesses the expansion of 25.9 percent.
- Although it was less than what we had in the preceding quarter.
- The government spending for private investment shows a decline by 10.4 percent.
- The gross fixed capital formation also declined by 6.8%.
- If we take a view of this year’s monsoon prediction, the farm output and consumer spending are about to take a hit.
- Global trade disturbance and Russia -Ukraine war are also the factors of concern.
- The Reserve Bank of India needs to spur the consumption and investment to get a faster recovery of the economy.
We can’t remove our mind to other factors which are playing a role of great concern for the recovery of the economy even though the first quarter growth of GDP is promising. The Reserve Bank of India needs to take more steps to combat the inflation and cope with the other issues.
- What are the most prevailing concerns for the recovery of the economy in India?
- What is the impact of the Russia and Ukraine war on the Indian economy?
- What are the considering steps the Reserve Bank of India needs to take for the improvement of the economy?
Spur- an incentive
Disconcertingly – anxiously
Headwinds- events that slow down growth
Sequential – forming a sequence
Deceive – a mistaken impression, cheat
Hinterland – the remote areas of a country
Depreciation – a reduction in a value