The Hindu Editorial Analysis:
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
Today’s article is about the relationship between two neighbouring countries,India and Bangladesh, and discussion on the outcomes of the visit of Bangladesh’s PM Sheikh Hasina to India.
India and Bangladesh strong connection:
- Bangladesh is one of the most important neighbouring countries for India with the aspect of economic ties and other co-ordinations.
- The PM of Bangladesh ,Sheikh Hasina, has recently visited India and attended a meeting with PM Narendra Modi.
- The visit of Bangladesh’ PM has come up with great outcomes that will be beneficial for the cooperation between these two countries.
- There are seven agreements being taken between India and Bangladesh.
- These are related to infrastructure agreements especially in railways, water sharing agreements and trade agreements.
- The water sharing agreement is the most important agreement that has taken place between these two countries.
- It is the first water sharing agreement in 26 years.
- A joint committee has also been established between these two countries for the utilisation of Ganga river.
- This agreement gives hope to resolve the water management issue.
- Under this agreement there has been also decided to remove 1,82 cusecs from the Feni.
- The Teesta agreement which was held up by West Bengal needs more effort from the Indian government and the flexibility of the state’s government to make a few steps forward to the agreement.
- Bangladesh also decided to provide two special economic zones ,Mongla and Mirsarai,to India.
- The visit of Bangladesh’s PM was preceded by Narendra Modi’s visit to Bangladesh in 2021.
- These agreements and ties give firm footing to the closer agreements on trade and people to people ties between these two countries.
- Bangladesh had also shown optimisms before, for the relationship with India, by shuting down terror training camps and handing over more than 20 wanted criminals to India.
- After the ongoing situation among neighboring countries,It is necessary to remain the relationship between India and Bangladesh stronger and be focused on future corporations.
- Give a brief about the relationship between India and Bangladesh.
- What are the major agreements that took place during the visit of Bangladesh’s PM?
- Give a brief description about the water sharing agreement between India and Bangladesh.
Resolve – find a solution
Contentious – likely to cause an argument
Cusecs – a unit of flow
Firmer- having a solid structure
Unilateral- performed by only one person, group or country
Incumbent – necessary as a duty