Table of Contents
The Hindu Review Daily Gk Update : 12th March 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for IBPS, SBI, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
The hindu review provide you daily gk update current affairs for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ President Ram Nath Kovind confers Padma awards
- President Ram Nath Kovind confers Padma awardsPresident Ram Nath Kovind on Monday conferred Padma awards at Rashtrapati Bhawan. 56 of the 112 personalities, who were selected for this year’s Padma awards, were conferred the honour at a special function.
- Former CEO of multinational techno giant Cisco systems John Chambers, renowned dancer and filmmaker Prabhu Deva, REnowned singer Shankar Mahadevan, Akali Dal leader Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa, Wrestler Bajrang Punia, Bhagirathi Devi, were among the prominent personalities who received the Padma awards on Monday.
- Renowned journalist late Kuldip Nayar was posthumously honoured with the Padma Bhushan award.
- The awards which were announced on the eve of Republic Day, includes 21 women and 11 persons from the category of Foreigners, NRI, PIO, OCI and 1 transgender person.
♦ Boosting India-Bangladesh ties: Joint inauguration of 4 projects
- This is the sixth such video conference between PM Modi and Prime Minister Hasina. Prime Minister Modi said that the ease and frequency of such interactions between the leaders of both countries illustrates the closeness of ties.
- Prime Minister said that India is a partner in achieving PM Hasina’s vision for a developed Bangladesh by 2041.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated his Bangladeshi counterpart for the successful conclusion of polls. He said that the National Knowledge Network is the next link in boosting India-Bangladesh ties.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina thanked PM Modi for inaugurating several important projects aimed at improving India-Bangladesh relations in the past few years. She also said that India has helped Bangladesh in blue-economy, education, trade, health and water resources.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj also hailed the boost in India Bangladesh ties.
♦ 14th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnerships to be held in New Delhi on March 17 – 19
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry will be organising the 14th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnerships, in association with Confederation of Indian Industry and EXIM Bank of India in New Delhi from March 17-19, 2019. The event will mark the deepening of India-Africa economic and business ties and pave the way for a whole range of cross-border project partnerships. The annual Conclave, since its inception in 2005, brings senior Ministers, policy makers, officials, business leaders, bankers, technologists, start-up entrepreneurs and other professionals from India and Africa on a common platform in a spirit of partnership.
- Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, Vice President of Republic of Ghana, Dr. Ibrahima Kassory Fofana, Prime Minister of Republic of Guinea, Monyane Moleleki, Deputy Prime Minister of Kingdom of Lesotho will be present in this conclave.Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, C. R. Chaudhary, Minister of State for Commerce & Industry and Dr.AnupWadhawan, Secretary, Department of Commercewill also participate inthe Conclave.More than 31senior Ministers from 21 African countries apart from business delegates from 37 countries would be participating at this event.
♦ IDBI proposes three-year term as MD& CEO for Rakesh Sharma
- IDBI Bank, which is now controlled by the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), has proposed a fresh term of three years for Rakesh Sharma, its managing director and chief executive director. His current six-month stint comes to a close at the end of month.
- Sharma came to head IDBI Bank in October 2018. Prior to that, he was MD & CEO of Canara Bank till July 2018.
- IDBI Bank has formed joint task force with LIC to realise the full potential arising out of business synergies.
♦ Prime Minister attends the National Women Livelihood Meet -2019 at Varanasi
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, attended the National Women Livelihood Meet-2019,held at Deendayal Hastkala Sankul in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, on International Women’s Day.
- The Prime Minister visited the exhibition on products manufactured by Self Help Groups aided by Uttar Pradesh Rural Livelihood Mission. He distributed Electric Chaak, Solar Charkha and Honey Warp to women beneficiaries and appreciation letters to five women Self Help Groups. Various women Self Help Groups supported by Deendayal Anthodia Yojana, NRLM-Uttar Pradesh, handedover a cheque of Rs.21 lakh to the Prime Minister,astheir contribution towards ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ Fund.
- Paying his respect to all women on International Women’s Day, Prime Minister said that women have an important role in creating New India. He expressed happiness that over65 lakh women from around 75000 locations are participating in the event through video conference. He added that Varanasi is a shining example of women empowerment.
♦ Government approves two corridors of Surat Metro project
- The Centre has approved two corridors of the Surat Metro project, which will be executed at an estimated cost of around Rs 12,000 cr.
- The Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry said the project will be implemented by the Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation and completed in 5 years.
- The project will be financed mainly through equity from the Centre and state govt on 50-50 basis and loan from bilateral and multilateral agencies.
- This project will provide continuous availability of affordable, reliable, safe, secure and seamless transport system in the urban agglomeration of the city.
♦ Finland Boxing Tournament: 1 gold, 4 silver medals for India
- Kavinder Singh Bisht wins gold medal while Shiva Thapa and three others claimed silver medals to end a fine Indian campaign at 38th GeeBee Boxing Tournament in Helsinki, Finland.
- The boxer from Uttarakhand is a world championship quarterfinalist in the flyweight category and this was his maiden international gold after making the jump to bantamweight.
- Thapa, a three-time Asian medallist besides being a former bronze-winner at the world championships, lost 1-4 to local favourite Arslan Khataev. In an intense battle, Thapa claimed the final round honours but the judges ruled the first two rounds in favour of Khataev.
You can also Read this:
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here