The Hindu Review Daily Gk Update : 13th March 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for IBPS, SBI, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
The hindu review provide you daily gk update current affairs for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ Industrial growth slows to 1.7% in Jan 2019 vs 7.5% in year-ago period
- Industrial output growth stood at 1.7 per cent in January on account of slowdown in the manufacturing sector.
- Factory output as measured in terms of the Index of Industrial Production (IIP) had grown by 7.5 per cent in January 2018.
- During April-January 2018-19, industrial output grew at 4.4 per cent as against 4.1 per cent in the same period previous fiscal, according to the data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO) on Tuesday.
♦ Internet of Things India Congress 2019 to be held on Aug 22-23
- IoT India Congress, an event which will see digital technology leaders converge to discuss and explore business opportunities in mainstreaming Internet of Things (IoT), will be held in Bengaluru on August 22-23, 2019.
- The IoT India Congress 2019 will include tracks on segments such as healthcare, manufacturing, telecom, smart cities, energy, retail, cyber security, skills and development, IoT Standards, legal and regulatory, and agriculture. The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) IoT Panel Tuesday held a conference to announce the upcoming 4th edition of the IoT India Congress. Speaking on the occasion, N Sivasailam, special secretary logistics, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, said that IoT road map should be focused on being cost effective and mass market.
♦ UK joins six countries in banning Boeing 737 MAX aircraft after Ethiopia crash
- Britain, France and Germany became the latest countries on Tuesday along with Australia, Singapore, Oman, Malaysia to ban Boeing 737 MAX aircraft in their airspace. The development comes two days after a similar Boeing model flown by Ethiopian Airlines crashed near Addis Ababa, killing all 157 people on board, including four Indians.
- “As a precautionary measure UK has decided to stop any Boeing 737 MAX commercial passenger flights from any operator arriving, departing or overflying UK airspace,” the UK Civil Aviation Authority said in a statement.
♦ ‘India ranks 11th in gold holding’
- India, which is the world’s largest consumer of gold, has the 11th largest gold reserve, with the current holding pegged at 607 tonnes, as per the latest report by the World Gold Council (WGC).
- India’s overall position in terms of total gold holding would have been tenth had the list included only countries. Whereas, International Monetary Fund (IMF) is included and is third on the list with total gold reserves of 2,814 tonnes.
♦ Dr. A.K. Mohanty takes over as Director BARC
- Dr. A.K. Mohanty, distinguished Scientist and Director, physics group of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) and Director, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata today took over as Director, BARC from Shri K.N. Vyas, Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary to the Government of India, Department of Atomic Energy.
- Dr. Mohanty graduated from the 26thbatch of the BARC Training School and joined Nuclear Physics Division of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre in 1983. During the past 36 years, Dr. Mohanty has worked in several areas of nuclear physics covering collision energy from sub-Coulomb barrier to relativistic regime.
♦ GoDaddy partners with ICC as official sponsor for Cricket World Cup 2019
- Website hosting company GoDaddy Tuesday announced its partnership with International Cricket Council (ICC) as official sponsor for the upcoming men’s cricket World Cup.
- “We have been engaged in branding exercise with sports events. This time we are engaging with ICC for men’s World Cup 2019 which is expected to reach out to around 700 million people in India and 1.5 billion people globally,” GoDaddy India MD and Vice President Nikhil Arora said while announcing the deal.
- The 2019 World Cup will be held in the UK from May 30 to July 14.
♦ Special Olympics World Summer Games 2019 to be hosted in Abu Dhabi
- A ‘strong contingent’ of 378 Indian athletes , coaches and staff are participating in the Special Olympics event which is being held from 14th to the 21st of March in Abu Dhabi.
- This is the first time that the Special Olympics are being held in the Middle East and the North Africa (MENA) region since the Games started over 50 years ago.
- Special Olympics is the world’s largest humanitarian sporting event and a global movement which focuses on the empowerment of People of Determination with intellectual disabilities through the power of sport.
- It is a humanitarian sporting event for people of determination (with intellectual disabilities) to promote inclusion.Abu Dhabi is in the process to welcome more than 7,000 athletes and 4000 coaches from 195 countries to compete in 24 sports at the Special Olympics World Games 2019.