The Hindu Review Daily Gk Update : 15th March 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for IBPS, SBI, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
The hindu review provide you daily gk update current affairs for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ President presents Gallantry Awards and Distinguished Service Decorations
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred three Kirti Chakras and fifteen Shaurya Chakras to Armed Forces Personnel for displaying conspicuous gallantry, indomitable courage and extreme devotion to duty at a solemn ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhawan on Thursday.
- Two Kirti Chakras and one Shaurya Chakra were given posthumously.
- President also conferred fifteen Param Vishisht Seva Medals, one Uttam Yudh Seva Medals and twenty-five Ati Vishisht Seva Medals to senior officers of the Armed Forces for distinguished service of an exceptional order.
- One of the Param Vishisht Seva Medal was conferred on Army Chief General Bipin Rawat. While, Major Tushar Gauba of 20 Jat regiment was conferred with the Kirti Chakra.
♦ Pakistan made OIC body’s deputy chairman
- Pakistan has clinched the slot of the deputy chairman of the general body of the Parliamentary Union of the OIC Member States (PUIC), media reported on Tuesday.
- According to an official announcement, Pakistan has been elected deputy chairman of the PUIC’s general body on the first day on Monday of its four-day conference being held in Rabat, Morocco, reports Dawn news.
- The PUIC is composed of parliaments of member states of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation. It was established in Iran on June 17, 1999, with its head office situated in Tehran.
♦ Raghuram Rajan to get Yashwantrao Chavan award
- Former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan has been chosen for the ‘Yashwantrao Chavan National Award 2018’ for his contribution to economic development.
- Rajan will be presented the award at a function here on March 12 on the occasion of the 106th birth anniversary of Yashwantrao Chavan, who was the first chief minister of Maharashtra, a release issued here said. NCP chief Sharad Pawar, the president of Yashwantrao Chavan Prathisthan, will preside over the function, it added.
- The award is given every year by the Yashwantrao Chavan Prathisthan to individuals and institutions in recognition of their outstanding contribution to national integration, and social and economic development.
♦ RBI categorises IDBI as a private bank
- Debt-ridden IDBI Bank has been categorised as a private sector bank by the Reserve Bank of India, with effect from January 21, 2019. The move comes following the acquisition by Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
- In a circular, the central bank said that IDBI Bank has been categorised as a ‘Private Sector Bank’ for regulatory purposes by Reserve Bank of India with effect from January 21, 2019 consequent upon LIC acquiring 51 per cent of the total paid-up equity share capital of the bank.
- In another release, the RBI said the State Bank of India, ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank will continue to be identified as Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs). D-SIB means that a bank is ‘too big to fail’.
♦ M R Kumar appointed LIC chairman, to hold the post for five years
- M R Kumar was on Wednesday appointed the Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), according to a Personnel Ministry order.
- Kumar was Zonal Manager (in-charge) of North Zone and will hold the post of the LIC Chairman for five years, it said.
- T C Suseel Kumar and Vipin Anand have been appointed as Managing Directors of the LIC for five years.
- Suseel Kumar is Zonal Manager (in-charge), LIC South Central Zone. Anand is Zonal Manager (in-charge), Western Zone.
♦ Six U.S. nuclear power plants to be set up in India
- New Delhi and Washington have agreed on a proposal to build six nuclear power plants in India.
- This was stated in a joint statement issued on March 13 at the conclusion of the 9th round of India-U.S. Strategic Security Dialogue in Washington, co-chaired by Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale and Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Andrea Thompson.
- “They committed to strengthen bilateral security and civil nuclear cooperation, including the establishment of six U.S. nuclear power plants in India,” the joint statement said.
- India and the U.S. signed a historic agreement to cooperate in civil nuclear energy in October 2008. The deal gave a fillip to bilateral ties, which have been on an upswing since.
♦ Argentina, Colombia set to be co-hosts of 2020 Copa America
- Argentina and Colombia are poised to co-host the 2020 Copa America after South America’s ruling body CONMEBOL once again ruled out a US proposal to host the tournament.
- CONMEBOL’s ruling council met in Miami on Wednesday to discuss the issue ahead of a FIFA Council meeting in the city on Friday.
- “Argentina and Colombia are shaping up as joint venues of the Copa America-2020,” CONMEBOL said after rejecting the US offer to host the tournament.
- CONMEBOL, which comprises the 10 member federations in South America, said in a statement it had accepted “the nomination of Argentina and Colombia as joint venues for the 2020 edition of the Copa America.”
- The decision marks the first time in the modern Copa America era that the tournament will be split between two countries.
You can also Read this:
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here