The Hindu Review Daily Gk Update : 1st April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for IBPS, SBI, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
The hindu review provide you daily gk update current affairs for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ Vijaya, Dena to become Bank of Baroda from Today; to work as BoB outlets
- In a first three-way amalgamation, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank will merge with Bank of Baroda (BoB) from April 1 to create the third-largest lender of the country.
- As a result, branches of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank will function as BoB outlets from Monday onwards.
- “Customers including depositors of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank will be treated as customers of Bank of Baroda with effect from April 1, 2019,” the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had said in a statement on Saturday.
- To make merger a smooth affair, the government last week decided to infuse Rs 5,042 crore in BoB to enhance its capital base to meet additional expense.
♦ Tata Motors arm transfers defence business worth Rs 625 crore to TASL
- Tata Motors Saturday said it has sold its stake in subsidiary TAL Manufacturing Solutions Limited to sister concern TASL for Rs 625 crore for the aerospace business.
- Tata Motors also said that it has acquired non-aerospace business from TAL Manufacturing Solutions Limited (TAL) for Rs 10 lakh.
- “…we would like to inform that the Company has availed requisite regulatory and other approvals and has on March 29, 2019,
- (i)sold its shareholding in TAL to TASL at an enterprise value of Rs 625 crores for the Aerospace business and
- (ii) the Company has acquired the non aerospace business from TAL at a value of Rs 10 lakhs,” Tata Motors said in a filing.
- Tata Adanced Systems Limited is wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons and is the strategic arm of the Tata Group.
♦ RBI directs banks dealing with govt business to keep their branches open
- The RBI has directed banks dealing with government business to keep their branches open today, as it is the last day of the current financial year.
- The Government of India has advised that all Pay and Account Offices will remain open today to facilitate government receipt and payment transactions.
- Accordingly, all Agency Banks are advised to keep all their branches dealing with government business open.
- In a separate notification, the RBI said all electronic transactions, including RTGS and NEFT, will continue for the extended time today.
♦ President Kovind arrives in Chile on the final leg of his 3-nation visit
- President Ram Nath Kovind has arrived in Santiago, Chile from Bolivia on the third leg of his three nation visit on Saturday.
- The President was received at the Airport by the Director General of ceremonial & protocol of Chile Frank Tressler and the Ambassador of India to Chile Anita Nayar.
- During his visit to Chile the president will hold meetings with his Chilean counterpart Sebastian Pinera , hold delegation level talks and address a programme at the University of Chile.
- Prior to his departure for Chile, President Ram Nath Kovind on Saturday interacted with the Indian community of Bolivia.
♦ Zuzana Caputova becomes Slovakia’s first female President
- Riding a wave of public fury over corruption, liberal lawyer Zuzana Caputova won Slovakia’s presidential election, bucking a trend that has seen populist, anti-European Union politicians make gains across the continent.
- Caputova, a pro-EU political novice who will be the euro zone country’s first female president, had 58.3 percent of the votes after results from 98.1 percent of voting districts were counted, ahead of European commissioner Maros Sefcovic who took 41.7 percent.
♦ India Open badminton Men’s Single: Viktor Axelsen defeating Srikant
- Viktor Axelsen continues to be on a roll. Looking fiercely determined to win back his World No. 1 spot, the lanky Dane got the measure of K. Srikanth after saving two game-points to regain the men’s singles in the India Open badminton here on Sunday.
- The World No. 4, who won 15 straight points to open a 3-0 lead in the second game, battled from 18-20 down to win 21-7, 22-20. This was Srikanth’s fourth defeat to Axelsen in five encounters since March 2017.
- After Srikanth failed to retrieve from his back-hand, Axelsen was quick to toss away his racquet and black tee-shirt into the crowd. In the time between he won the match and received the trophy, medal and the cheque of $26,500, Axelsen kept pumping his fist in jubilation, a reflection of what it meant for him to the title again.
♦ India Open badminton Women’s Single won Ratchanok Intanon
- On a day of one-sided finals, the 2013 champion and former World champion Ratchanok Intanon, too, regained the women singles the title by stopping China’s He Bingjiao 21-15, 21-14 in a contest that did not rise to expectations.
Final results (suffix indicates seeding):
- Men singles: 2-Viktor Axelsen (Den) bt 3-K. Srikanth 21-7, 22-20.
- Women singles: 4-Ratchanok Intanon (Tha) bt 3-He Bingjiao (Chn) 21-15, 21-14.
- Men doubles: Lee Yang and Wang Chi-Lin (Tpe) bt Rickey Karandasuwardi and Angga Pratama 21-14, 21-14.
- Women doubles:1-Greysia Polii and Apriyani Rahayu (Ina) bt 3-Chow Mei Kuan and Lee Meng Yean (Mal) 21-11, 25-23.
- Mixed doubles: 1-Wang Yilyu and Huang Dongping (Chn) bt 5-Praveen Jordan and Melati Daeva Oktavianti (Ina) 21-13, 21-11.
You can also Read this:
- IDBI PO Exams Complete Preparation E-book Kit : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More The Hindu Review Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
ambitiousbaba.com need your support to Grow
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here