The Hindu Review Daily Gk Update : 27th March 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for IBPS, SBI, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
The hindu review provide you daily gk update current affairs for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ The mega celebration of Cricket, Indian Premier League (IPL) witnessed its first ever Mankading in its history in the match of Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan Royals
- Rajasthan Royals opener Jos Buttler became the first victim of ‘Mankading’ in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Kings XI Punjab skipper Ravichandran Ashwin dismissed the Rajasthan Royals opener Jos Buttler through mankading.
- The name Mankading is derived due to the fact that for the first time Indian bowler Vinoo Mankad had dismissed Bill Brown of Australia, by removing the bails when the latter was away from the crease during India’s tour of Australia in 1947. Hence the dismissal is named after the Indian Cricketer Vinoo Mankad.
- Mankading is a kind of dismissal witnessed in the game of cricket. Mankading is the situation where a bowler run out a non-striker by hitting the bails before bowling when the non-striker is outside the crease, with no warning.
- Even though it is a legal way of dismissing the batsmen, it is considered as unethical and against the spirit of the game.
♦ Pakistan government has approved a proposal to establish a corridor which would allow Hindu pilgrims from India to visit Sharda Peeth in the region of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK)
- Sharda Peeth Corridor will be the second corridor to be established after the Kartarpur Corridor which provides access to Gurudwara Darbar Sahib at Kartarpur in Pakistan.
- Sharda Peeth is an abandoned Hindu temple and ancient centre of learning in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK). The temple is dedicated to goddess Sharada, the Hindu goddess of learning.
- Sharada Temple is located at Sharada village and it is here river Kishanganga and two streams Madhmati and Sargun meets. Goddess Sharada is the Kuldevi of Kashmiri pandits. It is also one of the three famous tirthas, or holy sites, for Kashmiri Pandits, the other two being the Martand Sun Temple and the Amarnath Temple.
- Sharada Peeth is also revered as one of 18 Maha Shakti Peethas, or “Grand Shakti Peethas” which commemorates the location of fallen body parts of the Hindu deity Sati.
- Sharada Peeth is believed to be a foremost centre of learning Between the 6th and 12th centuries CE hosting scholars such as Kalhana, Adi Shankara, Vairostana, Kumarajiva, and Thonmi Sambhota.
- The temple is about 150 km from Muzaffarabad capital of PoK and 130 Km from Srinagar currently under the control of Pakistan.
♦ Chandrayaan-2 to carry NASA instruments; ISRO to launch 29 satellites
- Chandrayaan-2, the second moon mission of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), will be carrying laser retroreflector arrays owned by the US space agency National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch 29 satellites including the primary payload EMISAT on April 1, 2019. The PSLV-C45 (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle), carrying these satellites onboard, will take off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
♦ The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to introduce artificial intelligence (AI)
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to introduce artificial intelligence (AI), early childhood care education and yoga as new subjects in the school curriculum from the upcoming academic session.
- CBSE would be introducing artificial intelligence as an optional sixth subject in Class IX from the 2019-2020 session onwards. The central board has decided that schools may start AI ‘inspire module’ of 12 hours in Class VIII itself, in order to enhance the multidisciplinary approach in teaching learning and also to sensitise the new generation.
♦ Anti-submarine warfare (ASW) corvette, INS Kadmatt will participate in the 15th edition of Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA-19)
- Anti-submarine warfare (ASW) corvette, INS Kadmatt will participate in the 15th edition of Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA-19). The corvette arrived at Langkawi, Malaysia on March 25, 2019 for seven days official visit.
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh, the newly named Chief of the Indian Navy, would be attending various engagements as part of LIMA 19.
♦ RBI Appoints 5-Member Committee To Deepen Digital Payments
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI)has appointed 5-member committee under the chairmanship of Nandan Nilekani to further deepen digital payments and enhance financial inclusion through Fintech. The RBI has requested the committee to give recommendations in 3 months in this regard. It was announced by the Governor of RBI, Mr Shaktikanta Das at the inaugural event of Financial Technology (Fintech) Conclave being organized by NITI Aayog in New Delhi. Financial technology, often shortened to Fintech, is computer programs and a new technology innovation that aims to compete with traditional financial methods in the delivery of financial services.
Other Members of the committee:
- Other members are former Deputy Governor of RBI – H.R. Khan, former Secretary, Ministry of Information Technology and Steel – Aruna Sharma, former MD&CEO of Vijaya Bank – Kishore Sansi, Chief Innovation Officer, Center for Innovation, Incubation & Entrepreneurship (CIIE), IIM Ahmedabad – Sanjay Jain.
Terms of Reference of Committee:
- It will review existing status of digitization of payments in the country and identify current gaps in digital payment ecosystem and suggest ways to bridge them.
- It will assess the current levels of digital payments in financial inclusion.
- It will undertake global analyses with view to identify best practices that can be adopted in India to accelerate digitization of economy and financial inclusion through greater use of digital payments.
- It will suggest measures to strengthen safety and security of digital payments.
- It will provide road map for increasing customer confidence and trust while accessing financial services through digital modes.
- It will suggest a medium-term strategy for deepening of digital payments.
♦ The Global Energy Transition index 2019 report has been released by the World Economic Forum (WEF)
- Sweden has topped the index and is followed by Switzerland and Norway in the top three.
- China is ranked even lower than India in the 82nd position.
- The United Kingdom (UK) is ranked seventh and the UK is the only G7 economy in the top 10.
- Singapore has been ranked thirteenth, while Germany, Japan and the US have bagged the seventeenth, eighteenth and the twenty-seventh place respectively.
- Among the Asian Countries, Malaysia is ranked highest at 31st, Sri Lanka is 60th, Bangladesh 90th and Nepal 93rd.
- The report states that the world’s transition to secure, affordable and sustainable energy has stagnated, with little or no progress achieved in the past five years.
- The index notes that continued use of coal for power generation in Asia, increasing commodity prices and slower-than-needed improvements in energy intensity have contributed to this year’s stagnation in performance.
- Even though more people across the globe have access to energy, this has been offset by reduced affordability and almost no progress in making energy systems environmentally sustainable.
- India has moved up two places to rank 76th and the report states that India is amongst the countries with high pollution levels and has a relatively high CO2 intensity in its energy system.
♦ Third Installment of the Joint Naval Exercise of India and Australia AUSINDEX will be held off the coast of Vishakhapatnam from April 2 to 16
- The joint exercise will focus on anti-submarine warfare, as part of efforts to ramp up bilateral naval cooperation in the strategic Indian Ocean region.
- AUSINDEX 2019 will be held off the coast of Vishakhapatnam from April 2 to 16.
- From the Australian side, HMAS Canberra (landing helicopter dock), Auxiliary Oiler Replenishment vessel, two frigates — HMAS Newcastle and HMAS Parramatta and P8I and P8 maritime patrol aircraft will be involved in the exercise.
- A Kilo-class submarine, land-based Hawk aircraft that will provide the air attack element for the exercise, a Kamorta class anti-submarine vessel, besides a stealth destroyer will lead the Indian deployment for the exercise.
- The exercise will feature the deployment of Australian personnel on Indian ships and vice versa.
- The area of the exercise will be within 200 miles of Vishakhapatnam.
AUSINDEX 2019 will also witness the largest ever deployment of an Australian defence group to India, over 1000 Australian defence personnel will take part. To further strengthen the defence cooperation between India and Australia, Australia has also proposed logistics sharing pact with India.
♦ Brazilian physicist and astronomer Marcelo Gleiser has been awarded the 2019 Templeton Prize for his work blending science and spirituality.
- Marcelo Gleiser contends that science and religion are not only compatible, but that science is spiritual. The two realms of science and spirituality are intertwined for him.
- Templeton Prize awarded by the U.S.-based John Templeton Foundation honours a living person who has made an exceptional contribution to affirming life’s spiritual dimension whether through insight, discovery, or practical works.
- Templeton Prize was established in 1972 by the late Sir John Templeton. The Prize aims to honour outstanding individuals who have devoted their talents to expanding our vision of human purpose and ultimate reality.
- The Prize celebrates no particular faith tradition or notion of God, but rather the quest for progress in humanity’s efforts to comprehend the many and diverse manifestations of the Divine. The Prize is a monetary award in the amount of £1,100,000 sterling.
♦ The Indian Navy’s state of the art Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Training Facility (NBCTF) was inaugurated on March 25, 2019 by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba at INS Shivaji, Lonavala.
- The training facility has been named ABHEDYA, which means impenetrable in Sanskrit. The Goa Shipyard Limited had signed the contract with the Indian Navy for the construction of the facility in March 2016. It was handed over to the Indian Navy on September 28, 2019, well ahead of schedule.
- The timely completion of this project reflects the superior technical design and execution abilities of the Indian Navy and Goa Shipyard Limited.
- The steel structure of the simulator represents the relevant NBC compartment of the ship such as upper decks, citadels, cleansing stations and DCHQ.
- The upper deck compartment is equipped with live agents along with NBC equipment such as SIRS, SICADS and other NBC detection and monitoring equipment. ‘
- The trainees will have to detect, monitor, survey and decontaminate the areas using actual NBC equipment, providing real-time NBC scenarios.
♦ The annual joint exercise between India and Sri Lanka, ‘Mitra Shakti-VI’, began at Diyatalawa in Sri Lanka on March 26, 2019. The exercise will conclude on April 8, 2019.
- The exercise is conducted every year as a part of military diplomacy and interaction between the armies of the two nations. It is held in India and Sri Lanka alternatively. India has sent a 120 member strong contingent of army personnel including 11 officers to participate in the two-week long exercise.
- While the Indian side will be represented by the troops from 1st battalion of the Bihar Regiment, the Sri Lanka army would be represented by the Gemunu Watch Battalion.The exercise will help in building proficiency in tackling transnational terrorism, the conduct of joint tactical operations and building combat skills.
You can also Read this:
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More The Hindu Review Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
ambitiousbaba.com need your support to Grow
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here