The Hindu Review Daily Gk Update : 2nd April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for IBPS, SBI, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
The hindu review provide you daily gk update current affairs for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ PSLV C-45 launched successfully with 28 Nano Satellites
- In the first of its kind, EMISAT, a satellite meant to provide intelligence to the armed forces, was launched from the Sriharikota spaceport by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Monday.
- ”Today, PSLV-C45 successfully injected EMISAT in a 748-km orbit and 28 other satellites in a 504-km orbit as sought by the customers,” ISRO Chairman K. Sivan said.
- The four-stage PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) was launched at 9.27 a.m. from the second launch pad.
- EMISAT, with its core payload or brain coming from the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), was released first into its planned slot from the fourth stage or PS4, 17 minutes into the launch.
- Thereafter, the mission team fired the fourth stage — still carrying the other satellites — twice to bring it down to 504 km from the Earth.
♦ Core sectors’ growth slows down to 2.1% in February
- The growth of eight core sectors slowed down to 2.1% in February due to fall in output of crude oil and refinery products, official data showed on Monday.
- Eight infrastructure sectors — coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilisers, steel, cement and electricity — had expanded by 5.4% in February 2018.
- Production of crude oil and refinery products contracted by 6.1%, and 0.8%, respectively, in February.
- Growth rate of production of fertiliser, steel, cement and electricity slowed to 2.5%, 4.9%, 8% and 0.7% in February as against 5.2%, 5%, 23% and 4.6% in the same month of 2018, respectively.
- However, coal and natural gas output grew by 7.3%, and 3.8%, respectively, in the month under review.
♦ Manu Sawhney takes charge as ICC Chief Executive
- Media professional Manu Sawhney on Monday took charge as Chief Executive of the International Cricket Council and will work alongside Dave Richardson, who will step down after the World Cup in July.
- Former ESPN Star Sports MD Sawhney has already been working alongside outgoing Chief Executive Richardson for the last six weeks to ensure a smooth transition.
- Richardson will remain with the ICC until July as originally planned to oversee the delivery of the World Cup in the United Kingdom. Sawhney was appointed in January.
- His appointment was ratified by the ICC Board following a global search and appointment process led by the apex body’s chairman Shashank Manohar and the Nominations Committee.
♦ ADB to extend $750-millon loan to push railways’ electrification drive
- The Indian Railways will raise a $750-million loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) through Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC) to finance part of its electrification drive.
- The national transporter has lined up an electrification drive covering 28,000 km in the next three financial years — 7,000 km in 2019-20 and 10,500 km each in 2020-21 and 2021-22, respectively.
- This will entail an expenditure of $6-7 billion. The ADB loan will be used for electrifying around 3,378 km, involving at least 16 sub-projects in 13 states.
♦ GST revenue touches record high of Rs 1.06 trillion in March: FinMin
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) collections touched Rs 11.77 trillion in fiscal 2018-19, exceeding the revised budget estimates, with record realisation of Rs 1.06 trillion in March alone.
- March saw the highest ever monthly return filing since GST rollout on July 1, 2017, at 7.5 million– reflecting improved compliance.
- Meanwhile, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in a tweet said: “The record collection in March, 2019 of the GST touching Rs 1,06,577 crore indicates the expansion in both manufacturing and consumption”.
- In a statement, the Finance Ministry said the monthly average of GST revenue during 2018-19 is Rs 98,114 crore, 9.2 per cent higher than the previous fiscal.
- “These figures indicate that the revenue growth has been picking up in recent months, despite various rate rationalisation measures,” it said.
♦ Miss Peru 2019 stripped of title, barred from Miss Universe pageant after video shows her drunk
- Miss Peru 2019 Anyella Grados has been stripped of her title and barred from competing for the Miss Universe pageant that is to take place later this year. This has happened after a video of her being drunk and throwing up surfaced on the Internet.
- According to a report in the Daily Mail, the South American beauty queen lost her crown moments after her footage in which she is inebriated went viral on social media recently. In Peru, the legal drinking age is 18.
- The same report states that the video was was recorded by Miss Teen Peru 2018 Camila Canicoba. The 19-year-old was placed third in the Miss Peru contest.
♦ BOB is now 3rd largest Bank as Dena, Vijaya merger take effect
- The amalgamation of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank into the Bank of Baroda (BoB) will come into effect April 1 and all branches of the former two will function as branches of BoB.
- The cabinet had, in January, approved the merger of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank with BoB . Although employees of the two merging banks appealed the Supreme Court against the merger, a two-member bench on Thursday rejected the petition seeking a stay on its implementation.
- “Consequently, all branches of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank will function as branches of the Bank of Baroda from April 1, 2019. Customers, including depositors of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank will be treated as customers of Bank of Baroda with effect from April 1, 2019,” a statement by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said on Saturday.
- Post the merger, Bank of Baroda would be the third largest bank in the country.
- The merged entity would also receive Rs 5,042 crore fund infusion from the government. The Ministry of Finance has conveyed its decision to infuse the capital in BoB.
♦ Miami Open: Roger Federer lifts 101th career Title
- Switzerland’s Roger Federer defeats USA’s John Isner 6-1, 6-4 in straight sets to lift his 101th career title at the Miami Open; Federer is now behind only America’s Jimmy Connors with 109 career singles titles.
- Roger Federer has lifted his fourth title at the Miami Open with an emphatic 6-1, 6-4 win over defending champion USA’s John Isner on Sunday.
- The 37-year-old world number five took the first set in 24 minutes. In his 50th Masters final, the Swiss fourth seed produced some typically sublime groundstrokes and wrapped up the match in an hour and three minutes.
- It is Swiss player’s 28th Masters title and the 101st overall for a player who has won 20 Grand Slam singles titles. Federer is now behind only America’s Jimmy Connors with 109 career singles titles.
♦ Praful Patel set to be first Indian to be elected in FIFA Executive Council
- The All India Football Federation President Praful Patel is set to become first Indian to be elected as a member in the FIFA Executive Council for a four-year term.
- According to AIFF sources, Patel is all but sure to be a part of the five FIFA Council members from the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) when the regional body holds its elections in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on April 6.
- The election will be for the term 2019 to 2023 and will be held during the 29th AFC Congress.
- “Out of eight candidates, five will be selected and Patel is sure to be one of them. He has 90 per cent chance of becoming a FIFA Executive Council member. It will be the first time an Indian will be in the top committee of the world body,” a top AIFF official told PTI.
♦ India finish with 16 gold medals at Asian Airgun Championships
- Indian shooters continued their dominance claiming five gold medals on the final day of the Asian Airgun Championships to sign off with a total of 25 medals in Taoyuan, Taipei.
- India finished with 16 gold, five silver and four bronze.
- On the last day of the competition, Yash Vardhan and Shreya Agrawal bagged three gold medals each.
- Yash finished on top in 10m Air Rifle men’s junior event. He then clinched the yellow metal in Team competition with his partners — Keval Prajpati and Aishwary Tomar.
- Yash scored 249.5, while Keval and Aishwary shot 247.3 and 226.1 for silver and bronze respectively.
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More The Hindu Review Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO 2019 Preparation Kit
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here