Table of Contents
The Hindu Review Daily Gk Update : 4th April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for IBPS, SBI, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
The hindu review provide you daily gk update current affairs for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ Vikram Patel gets global health award
- Vikram Patel, a psychiatrist and professor of global health at Harvard Medical School, has won the prestigious John Dirks Canada Gairdner Global Health Award.
- Mr. Patel has led research generating knowledge on the burden and determinants of mental health problems in low and middle-income countries and pioneered approaches which utilise community resources for the prevention and treatment of mental health problems in India with global impact, a press release said.
- Laureates receive a $100,000 cash honorarium and will be formally presented with their awards on October 24, 2019 at the annual Canada Gairdner Awards Gala in Toronto.
♦ ADB cuts India growth outlook, says trade war, Brexit biggest global risks
- The Asian Development Bank downgraded economic growth forecasts for India and Southeast Asia for 2019 as global risks from trade tensions to Brexit mount.
- Gross domestic product in India will probably increase 7.2 percent this year, down from a December forecast of 7.6 percent, according to the ADB’s latest Asian Development Outlook report. Southeast Asia’s growth estimate was lowered by 0.2 percentage point to 4.9 percent.
- A drawn-out or deteriorating trade conflict between China and the U.S. could damp investment, the ADB said, while the U.K.’s potential chaotic exit from the European Union and financial market volatility comes with additional risks.
♦ RBI approves appointment of Madhavan Menon as part-time chairman of CSB
- The RBI on Tuesday approved the appointment of Madhavan Menon as Part-time Chairman of the Catholic Syrian Bank (CSB) for a period of one year from the date of appointment
- Menon is currently the chairman and managing director of Thomas Cook India.
- Earlier, Fairfax had nominated Menon and Sumit Maheshwari, MD & CEO of Fairbridge Capital (owned by the Fairfax Financial Holdings) to the CSB board.
- CSB and FIH Mauritius Investments Ltd (FIH-M) entered into an investment agreement in February 2018. The agreement was modified on October 15, 2018, and pursuant to which, Fairfax agreed to acquire shares of up to 51 per cent of the post issue paid-up capital of the bank.
♦ WTO trims global trade growth forecast for 2019 to 2.6% from 3.7%
- Global trade growth is expected to be lower in 2019 than it was last year, the World Trade Organization forecast on Tuesday. This could have a major impact on the outbound shipment from India.
- The WTO revised growth to 2.6 per cent from its earlier estimates of 3.7 per cent. This is lower than the 3 per cent growth recorded in 2018. It attributed its dismal outlook to widespread “tensions” and economic uncertainty.
- It, however, said trade growth could rebound to 3 per cent in 2020, but this is dependent on easing of trade tensions.
- “The fact that we don’t have great news today should surprise no one who has been reading the papers over the last 12 months,” WTO Director-General Roberto Azevedo said in Geneva.
♦ Indian Railways targets at least 50% of freight traffic by 2030
- The Indian Railways has set a target to get at least 50 per cent share of the country’s freight traffic by 2030, according to a strategic vision document prepared by the transporter.
- In order to achieve this, the Railways is betting big on getting the existing expansion projects and dedicated freight corridors on track, and bringing in more private partnership.
- “The target is to achieve half of the country’s freight share by 2030, from 33 per cent now,” said an official close to the development. The Railway Board set up a committee in October, including 11 executive directors from various streams, to come up with a 2030 vision document for the national transporter.
♦ Telangana tops in eLearning training for field staff
- In eLearning training, Telangana state has ranked number one by reaching to 20,000 field staff during 2018-19.
- This is the second year in succession that the State got the distinction under the Department of Personal and Training (DoPT),
- Dr MCR HRD Institute enrolled over 20, 000 field staff in different districts of the State to impart training on 12 soft skills modules and three domain-specific modules on RTI, Office Procedures, and Finance & Accounts, apart from Sustainable Development Goals.
♦ US approves sale of 24 MH 60 Romeo Seahawk helicopters to India
- The Trump administration has approved the sale of 24 multi-role MH-60 Romeo Seahawk helicopters to India at an estimated cost of 2.4 billion US dollars, the State Department has said.
- It is considered the world’s most advanced maritime helicopter. The choppers will provide the Indian defence forces with the capability to perform anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare missions. The US government on Tuesday notified the Congress that it has approved the sale of the helicopters.
- In its notification, the State Department told the Congress that this proposed sale will support the foreign policy of the US by helping to strengthen the US-Indian strategic relationship. The proposed sale of the helicopters will not alter the basic military balance in the region, the statement added
♦ Boardroom lessons from a 16-year-old CEO: Don’t be stressed or hyperfocused on work
- Being a 16-year-old CEO can be difficult — from learning the ropes of running a business to dealing with stress. But Harshwardhan Zala follows a lesson he learnt during a fellowship in Silicon Valley in 2016: “Don’t always be stressed or hyperfocused on work.”
- Zala says he applies that learning even while running his company, Aerobotics7. “ We should take some time to enjoy our life as well. I learnt this lesson when I visited the Google office and saw the playground they had for employees. That’s something I try to follow in my company as well,” he said on the sidelines of an entrepreneurship conclave in Mumbai.
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More The Hindu Review Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here