Vijay Diwas 2020: All you need to know about 1971 Indo-Pak war
To mark the triumph over Pakistan in the 1971 war that also led to the formation of Bangladesh, Vijay Diwas is celebrated annually on 16 December.
♦History of Vijay Diwas
- The 1971 Indo-Pak war go on for nearly 13 days and ended on December 16. Pakistan’s Army General Amir Abdullah Khan Niazi yielded and Mukti-Bahini leading to the creation of a new state in India’s east called Bangladesh.
- Also, along with 93,000 Pakistani troops, General Niazi yielded before the Indian Army.
- Since that time, this day is observed as Vijay Diwas in our country.
- Bangladesh also celebrates Bijoy Diwas (its Independence Day) on December 16 every year.
♦Importance of Vijay Diwas
- Our country pays tribute on this day, to the courageous soldiers of India & Bangladesh who took part in the Liberation War and those who lost their lives in the line of duty.
- The ‘liberation war’ in the Bangladesh (then East Pakistan) was started after Pakistan mistreated its Bengali talking population and damaged elections outcomes in the area.
- India’s full backing for the liberation war in Bangladesh was expressed by the then Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
♦Occurrences during the war
- According to reports, Pakistan army massacred Hindus especially Bengali at that time, there were several reports of massacre.
- Throughout the war, at least 10 million persons were enforced to migrate to India.
- Other reports were there also that suggested that the iconic Taj Mahal was camouflaged by leaves throughout the war to save it from any Pakistani attacks.
♦50 years of India’s victory over Pakistan: ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’
- This year in 2020 marks the completion of 50 years of India’s victory over Pakistan.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and defence minister Rajnath Singh will be attending the ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ programme organized by the central government to mark the 50 years of India’s victory over Pakistan.
- The ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ programme will be organized at the National War Memorial in New Delhi.
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Click Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|