Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 14 December 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Kerala launches two welfare schemes ‘Vijayamritham’ and ‘Sahachari’
- The state government on 13th December unveiled two social welfare schemes – ‘Vijayamritham’ and ‘Sahachari’ to honour differently-abled people as well as NSS, NCC and Student Police Cadet (SPC) units working for their care and welfare.
- The ‘Vijayamritham’ scheme has been introduced to provide financial assistance for differently-abled people who battled odds and scored high marks in degree, PG and professional courses.
- i)Degree/ Equivalent courses-60% marks for Arts subject, 80% marks for Science subject, 8000/-Amount provide 10 students per district
- ii)Post-Graduation (PG)& Professional courses-60 % and above, 10000/-Amount provide 5 students per district
- Sahachari scheme: This scheme is provide encouragement to NCC/NSS/SPC units functioning in schools who offer assistance to differently abled students with over 40% disability in their studies as well as other extra-curricular activities.
- Certificates and plaques will be awarded to 3 best NCC/NSS/SPC units, who offer service to the much needy differently abled students. For this work, they will be given an amount of Rs. 40,000/- for each.
Note: About Kerala
CM: Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
International (Current Affairs)
♦UK election results 2019: Boris Johnson storms to victory
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party has won the UK election in resounding fashion. Johnson visited Buckingham Palace where he asked the Queen for permission to form a government.
- Speaking after his victory, Johnson said he would “get Brexit done” by the end of January. European officials say they’re “ready for the next steps.”
Note: About UK
Prime minister: Boris Johnson
♦Algeria: Abdelmadjid Tebboune wins presidential election
- After two decades of being ruled by Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Algerians have a new president. Former Prime Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune has been elected as his successor.
- The ailing Bouteflika had been forced to resign after facing fierce anti-government protests. Salah then initiated the election as a way to move past the 10-months-long unrest.
Note: About Algeria
Currency: Algerian dinar
Country in North Africa
♦Defence Minister chairs Parliament’s meeting of Consultative Committee
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh chaired a meeting of the Consultative Committee of Parliament for the Ministry of Defence in New Delhi.
- The subject of the meeting was Border Roads Organisation, BRO. Director General BRO Lt Gen Harpal Singh gave a detailed presentation on the working of the organisation, especially on maintaining operational road infrastructure for the armed forces in border areas.
♦Deepika Padukone wins Crystal award for spreading mental health awareness
- Deepika Padukone won the 26th Annual Crystal Award for spreading awareness about the importance of mental health.
- Actor launches nationwide awareness as well as de-stigmatisation campaigns. The foundation raises awareness about mental adolescent mental health disorders and organises training sessions, research and lecture series that feature some of the most known thinkers and achievers.
♦FIH unveils new world ranking system for 2020
- The International Hockey Federation (FIH) unveiled a new world ranking system for 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- It will come into effect from the first of next month. For a better reflection of current performances, the new ranking will be match-based instead of tournament-based calculation.
- New world ranking system has been launched after 12 months of painstaking research, analysis and testing.
♦14th December: National Energy Conservation Day 2019
- This day is observed every year on December 14 in India. National Energy Conservation Day is organized by the Energy Efficiency Bureau (BEE), a subordinate Ministry of Power. It aims to showcase India’s achievements in energy efficiency and conservation.
♦Veteran Telugu actor Gollapudi Maruthi Rao passes away
- Veteran actor, writer and screenwriter Gollapudi Maruthi Rao passed away at the age of 80 on 12th December at a private hospital in Chennai.
- The actor debuted in the Telugu film industry with the film Intlo Ramayya Veedhilo Krishnayya which released in 1982 in which he starred alongside Chiranjeevi and Madhavi. He had also penned the dialogues for the film.