Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 19th & 20th December 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
Naveen launches ‘Jalsathi’ programme to supply safe drinking
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on 18th December launched the ‘Jalsathi’ programme which will ensure supply of safe drinking water to all households in the state.
- While launching the programme, Patnaik paid Rs 593 to clear water cess dues of Naveen Niwas, the residence of the chief minister.
- Earlier, the state government had engaged the women self-help groups under the ‘Mission Shakti’, for the collection of power dues, paddy procurement and mid day meal preparation activities.
- Now under the ‘Jalsathi’ programme, about 5,000 women will be engaged for supplying safe drinking water.
Note: About Odisha
Governor: Ganeshi Lal
Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Assocham Annual Conference in Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses Assocham Annual Conference in Delhi; PM Says, India’s progress towards becoming a USD 5 trillion economy will be strengthened by investment of Rupees 100 lakh crore in infrastructure; also helped by an investment of Rupees 25 lakh crore in rural economy.
- The theme of the event was ‘New India Aspiring for a USD 5 trillion economy’. The event was organised on the completion of 100 years of ASSOCHAM.
Headquarters location: New Delhi
Virat Kohli Replaces Salman Khan, Tops Forbes List in India
- India’s ace cricketer Virat Kohli has become the first sportsman to gain the top spot in the Forbes India list since its inception.
- Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who had ruled at the top for the previous three years, slipped down to the third position in 2019.
- The 2019 Forbes India Celebrity 100 List rankings were based on estimates of earnings through professions and endorsements of celebrities and estimates of their fame.
- The period under consideration is from October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019.
- Kohli topped the list thanks to match fees, the BCCI central contract, brand endorsements and a massive-figure fee for every sponsored Instagram post. In fact, his estimated earnings — of Rs 252.72 crore — constitutes 6.57 percent of the total earnings — Rs 3,842.94 crore — of the top 100 celebrities for the year.
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar, who starred in “Kesari”, “Mission Mangal” and “Housefull 4” this year and is also looking forward to the release of “Good Newwz” later in December, jumped one spot to the second rank, with total earnings of Rs 293.25 crore, a jump of 58.51 per cent from the previous year.
- Salman completed the top three, with Rs 229.25 crore in earnings in the period under consideration for the list.
|6||SHAH RUKH KHAN|
International (Current Affairs)
First Global Refugee Forum hosted in Geneva
- On 17 and 18 December 2019, UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency and the Government of Switzerland will jointly host in Geneva a world meeting on refugees, the first-ever Global Refugee Forum (GRF).
- Aim: Global Refugee Forum is to accelerate actions by governments, the private sector, international institutions and organisations, the non-governmental sector, and civil society in implementing the new Global Compact on Refugees.
- Portugal announces Gandhi Citizenship Education Prize
- Portuguese Prime Minister, Antonio Costa has announced that in order to help perpetuate Mahatma Gandhi’s ideals, Portugal will be launching a Gandhi Citizenship Education Prize, each year inspired by his different thoughts and quotes.
- First edition of this prize will be dedicated to animal welfare as Mahatma Gandhi said that the greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
- Mr. Antonio Costa was addressing the second meeting of the National Committee for Commemoration of the 150th Birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Prime Minister: Antonio Costa
Banking and Financial
Fitch cuts India’s GDP growth forecast to 4.6% in FY20
- Fitch Ratings on 20th December cut its growth forecast for India to 4.6 per cent for the 2019-20 fiscal from the previous estimation of 5.6 per cent.
- It affirmed India’s Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at ‘BBB-‘ with a Stable Outlook.
- Fitch said growth will gradually recover to 5.6 per cent in FY21 and 6.5 per cent in the following year with support from easing monetary and fiscal policy and structural measures.
Note: About other Organizations 2019-20 forecasting GDP
ADB, India Sign $ 490 Million Loan for PPP to Upgrade Madhya Pradesh Roads
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $490 million loan.
- Purpose: for public-private partnership (PPP) project to upgrade about 1,600 km of state highways and major district roads (MDRs) from single-lane to two-lane widths in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- An additional $286 million investment will be mobilised through private sector participation under the PPP modality.
Devesh Srivastava takes charge as CMD of General Insurance Corporation of India
- Devesh Srivastava on December 18 took charge as the Chairman and Managing director of General Insurance Corporation of India.
- Srivastava name was recommended by Banks Board Bureau in August this year.
- Back ground: Srivastava, a direct recruit officer of 1987 batch, began his career with Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. Subsequently, his services were transferred to GIC in 1999.
IPS officer Atul Karwal appointed as Director of National Police Academy
- Atul Karwal, a 1988 batch IPS officer, has been appointed as the Director of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the proposal of Ministry of Home Affairs for appointment of Karwal, presently working as ADG, CRPF as Director, SVP NPA by temporarily downgrading the post to the level of Additional Director General for a period up to 05.12.2021.
ICC extends partnership with UNICEF for Women’s World T20
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced that it has extended its partnership with UNICEF through to the Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 with the focus on empowering women and girls through cricket.
- During the Men”s 50-over World Cup held in England and Wales earlier this summer, UNICEF raised $180,000 as part of ‘One Day 4 Children’ and this money will go directly to fund a girls’ cricket project in Afghanistan.
Belgium crowned FIFA Team of the Year, Qatar biggest climber
- Belgium have been crowned FIFA ‘Team of the Year’ for the second successive time after a record-breaking year for the global ladder.
- World champions France remains in the second place ahead of Brazil in third, the positions they held in December 2018, but the make-up of the year-end top five has changed.
- England climbed one place in 2019 to end the year in fourth, and Uruguay moved up to fifth on the back of a two-spot rise.
Mirabai Chanu wins gold at Qatar International Cup
- Former world champion weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu notched up the women’s 49kg category gold medal to open India’s account at the 6th Qatar International Cup in Doha on 20th December.
- The 25-year-old Chanu won gold with an effort of 194kg in the Olympic qualifying silver level event, the points from which will come in handy when the final rankings for 2020 Tokyo Olympics cut are done.
Sahitya Akademi award 2019
- Sahitya Akademi announced its annual Sahitya Akademi Awards in 23 languages. Seven books of poetry, four of the novel, six of short stories, three of essays and one each of non-fiction, autobiography and biography have won the Sahitya Akademi Awards 2019.
- The Award in the form of a casket containing an engraved copper-plaque, a shawl and an amount of Rs. 1,00,000/- towards cash content will be presented to the authors of these books at a special function to be held on 25 February 2020 at New Delhi during the Festival of Letters organized by Sahitya Akademi.
|Language||Title and Genre||Name of the Author|
|Assamese||Chanakya (Novel)||Joysree Goswami
Darja Thele (Essays)
Era of Darkness (Non-Fiction)
Revu Re (Essays)
Hue Apne Ko (Poetry)
Yaad Akh Qayamat (Short Stories)
Oriaon Kariat (Poetry)
Piranna Veedu (Poetry)
Adungeigi Eethat (Novel)
Birmangol Singh (Beryl Thanga)
|Marathi||Kadachit Ajaanahi (Poetry)||Anuradha Patil|
Syed: Ek Bazadeed (Biography)
Indian Navy conducts anti-hijacking exercise off Kochi coast
- On December 18, if you were in Kochi, you might have seen a dramatic sight unfurl near the Kochi Port—Marine Commandos descending onto a ship from a helicopter.
- A rare sight, but a necessary one, for this was Exercise Apharan—a large scale anti-hijacking exercise conducted by the Indian Navy in collaboration with the Indian Coast Guard, Cochin Port Trust and other stakeholders.
International Human Solidarity Day 2019
- Every year on December 20th, International Human Solidarity Day seeks to celebrate the word’s unity in diversity. It’s also a day to raise awareness about the importance of solidarity.
- Solidarity is defined as an awareness of shared interests and objectives that create a psychological sense of unity. Solidarity also refers to the ties in a society that bind people together as one.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|