Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 1 & 2 December 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Hallmarking to be mandatory for gold jewellery from 2021
- Hallmarking of gold jewellery and artefacts will be made mandatory across the country from January 15, 2021 to ensure purity of the precious metal.
- A notification in this regard will be issued on January 15 next year and the decision will come into effect after a year, making it compulsory for all the jewellers to register with the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) and sell only hallmarked gold jewellery and artefacts.
♦Konark Festival & International Sand Art Festival 2019 From 1st – 5th Dec
- Odisha’s prime coastal tourism hub of Konark will once again witness a global confluence of arts through the twin annual events of the Konark Festival of classical dance performances with the grand Sun Temple in the backdrop and the International Sand Art Festival.
- The 30th edition of the Konark Festival being organised by Odisha Tourism will be held at the Open Air Auditorium with the magnificent Konark Sun Temple from 1st – 5th December 2019.
Note: About Odisha
Governor: Ganeshi Lal
Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
International (Current Affairs)
♦Saudi Arabia Takes over G20 Presidency from Japan
- Saudi Arabia became the first Arab nation on December 1st to take over the G20 presidency, stepping onto the world stage.
- Saudi Arabia is taking over the G20 presidency from Japan and will host world leaders for a global summit in its capital Riyadh November 21st and 22nd
Note: About Saudi Arabia
King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
Currency: Saudi riyal
Banking and Financial
♦GST revenue collection crosses Rs 1 lakh crore in November
- GST revenue collection crossed the Rs 1 lakh crore mark after a gap of three months in November with the revenue growing by 6 per cent to Rs 1.03 lakh crore in the month.
- The GST collection was Rs 95,380 crore in October while it was Rs 97,637 crore November 2018.
♦Soma Roy Burman appointed new Controller General of Accounts
- The government has appointed Soma Roy Burman, a 1986-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service Officer, as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA).
- “The government appointed Burman, as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) with effect from December 1, 2019. Burman served as the Additional Controller General of Accounts in the office of CGA, handling the critical areas of accounting rules, policy and reforms, financial reporting, data analytics, cash and budget management.
♦Masatsugu Asakawa elected as ADB President
- Masatsugu Asakawa has been unanimously elected as President of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) by its board of governors.
- He will assume office as ADB’s 10th President on January 17, 2020. Asakawa will finish the unexpired term of Nakao which ends on November 23, 2021.
Note: About ADB
Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
Founded: 19 December 1966
Membership: 68 countries
♦India-Sri Lanka joint military exercise to begin in Pune from December 1
- The seventh edition of the India – Sri Lanka joint training exercise, Mitra Shakti 2019, will be conducted at the Foreign Training Node (FTN) in Pune from December 1 to 14.
- Aims: This joint training exercise is to build and promote positive relations between Indian and Sri Lankan armies. The exercise will focus on sub-unit level training for counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations in urban and rural environment under the United Nations mandate.
♦Lewis Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton dominated the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to end the season in which he won a sixth world drivers’ title on a high.
- In a soporific race, Red Bull’s Max Verstappen took a comfortable second after Ferrari slipped backwards.
♦Karnataka won Syed Mushtaq Ali title
- Tamil Nadu can only pick up another run of the last ball as Karnataka the defending champions retain the Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy in 2019/20. It was a thriller of a final that went down to the last delivery before Karnataka won by 1 run.
♦India defeated Pakistan in Davis Cup tie for 2020
- The tie match between India and Pakistan for the International Tennis Federation’s (ITF’s) Davis cup 2020, was held at the National Tennis Center, in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan from November 29-30,2019. India defeated Pakistan in the tie match.
♦13th South Asian Games formally begins in Kathmandu
- 13th South Asian Games have formally begun in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal.
- President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari declared games open in a glittering ceremony at Dasaratha Rangshala in Kathmandu. Over 2700 athletes from seven South Asian Countries participated in the march past.
♦1st December: World AIDS Day 2019
- December 1 is celebrated as World AIDS Day every year all over the world. The main motto behind celebrating the day is to raise public awareness about AIDS.
- World AIDS Day was first observed in 1988. And each year, different organisations across the world bring attention to the HIV epidemic, endeavour to increase HIV awareness and knowledge.
Theme 2019: “Ending the HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Community by Community”
♦2nd December: World Computer Literacy Day
- World Computer Literacy Day has been celebrated annually on December 2nd of every year. The world operates on the computer and digital gadgets. They have become an essential thing in everyday life shortly. World Computer Literacy Day is observed to promote the awareness about the computer and electronic devices.