Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 28 November 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦28th November cabinet approval list
- Approval on Strategic Partnership Council between India and Saudi Arabia.
- Approval for combating illicit trafficking, smuggling drugs, psychotropic substances and chemical precursors between India and Saudi Arabia.
- Approval on MoU between India and Myanmar on bilateral cooperation for Prevention of Trafficking in Persons.
- Approval on Protocol between India and Chile for the avoidance of double taxation.
- Approval on India’s Approach to UN Climate Change Conference to be held in Spain
♦Sports Ministry forms expert committee featuring Pullela Gopichand, Gagan Narang and others to review National Sports Code
- Olympic bronze-medallist shooter Gagan Narang, former football captain Baichung Bhutia and national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand have been named in a 13-member expert committee formed by the Sports Ministry to review the controversial Draft National Sports Code 2017.
- The expert committee will be headed by Supreme Court judge Justice (Retd) Mukundakam Sharma as its chairman.
- “The committee will try to strike a balance between autonomy of NSFs vis-a-vis need for transparency and autonomy.
♦India has 96 universities ranked, in QS World University Rankings: Asia 2020
- India has 96 universities ranked, including 20 brand new entries in the QS World University Rankings: Asia 2020. The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) leads nationally at overall 34th place, and it is followed by IIT Delhi (IITD) in the 43rd place and by IIT Madras (IITM) in the 50th position.
- The country has 31 institutes among the top 250. Of these, 18 dropped compared to last year, 12 gained ground and one remained stable.
♦Foreign minister Jaishankar attends G20 foreign ministers meeting 2019 held in Japan
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on 24th November interacted with his counterparts from several countries as he attended the G20 Foreign Ministers’ meeting in Japan.
- Jaishankar concluded the two-day event with a bilateral meeting with his Japanese counterpart Toshimitsu Motegi.
- The meeting was held with the focus on the promotion of free trade, implementation of 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (Sustainable Development Goals) and how to best assist rapidly growing economies in Africa.
- The Group of Twenty (G20) is the premier forum for its members’ international economic cooperation and decision-making. Its membership comprises 19 countries plus the European Union. Each G20 president invites several guest countries each year.
- The members of the G20 are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union.
Banking and Financial
♦Irdai slaps Rs 2-cr fine on India Infoline Insurance for violating norms
- Insurance sector regulator Irdai has slapped a penalty of over Rs 2 crore on India Infoline Insurance Brokers for violating various norms, including those related to office infrastructure.
- The regulator has penalised the broker with a fine of Rs 1 crore each for violating norms on related party transactions and not having its own office infrastructure. A fine of Rs 4 lakh has also been imposed for using unqualified persons for solicitation of business.
- “As directed under the respective charges, the penalty of Rs 2,04,00,000 shall be remitted by the insurance broker within a period of 15 days from the date of receipt of this order through NEFT/ RTGS.
Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
♦RIL becomes first Indian firm to hit Rs 10 trillion market capitalisation
- Reliance Industries (RIL) on 28th November became the first Indian company to hit Rs 10 trillion market capitalisation (m-cap) after the stock price hit a new high of Rs 1,584 on the BSE. The oil-to-telecom conglomerate’s m-cap zoomed to Rs 10,02,380 crore during the trade on the BSE.
♦ADB, India sign $451 Million Loan to strengthen Power Connectivity in Tamil Nadu
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $451 million.
- Purpose: loan to strengthen power connectivity between the southern and northern parts of the Chennai–Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC), which is part of the East Coast Economic Corridor (ECEC), in Tamil Nadu. ADB is the lead partner of the Government of India for developing ECEC.
Note: About ADB
Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
President: Currently Vacant
Founded: 19 December 1966
♦General Bipin Rawat set to be first Chief of Defence Staff
- General Bipin Rawat is on a series of farewell visits to military establishments as his tenure as the Army Chief draws to an end in December.
- However, the top officer is unlikely to shed his uniform anytime soon, with the decks being cleared for him to take over as the first Chief of Defence Staff – a four star position being created as part of a defence management overhaul.
- General Bipin Rawat– who is serving a rare full three year term as the Indian Army Chief after he superseded two officers in 2016 – is likely to get a term of over two years as the CDS, which will largely see the creation of a new structure to provide military advise to the government and implement joint procurement by the three services.
♦Deepika Kumari wins gold at Asian Archery Championships, India earn Olympic quota
- Deepika Kumari won the gold medal in the women’s recurve event at the Asian Archery Championships in Bangkok. beating compatriot Ankita Bhakat 6-0 in an all-Indian final. Three Olympic quotas for Tokyo 2020 were on offer at this event – which went to India, Bhutan and Vietnam.
- The quota will go to the Indian Olympic Committee, confirmed World Archery.
♦Asian Archery: Abhishek-Jyothi duo wins compound mixed pair gold
- Abhishek Verma and Jyothi Surekha Vennam claimed top honours in the compound mixed pair event to fetch India’s lone gold at the 21st Asian Archery Championship, which ended in Bangkok on 27th November with the country picking up seven medals overall.
- Verma and Vennam won the mixed pair gold by overwhelming their Chinese Taipei opponents Yi-Hsuan Chen and Chieh-Luh Chen 158-151. India ended with one gold, two silver and four bronze medals.