Daily GK Update 25 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 25 May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
India-Israel signs 3-year program for Cooperation in Agriculture
- India and Israel have inked a three-year joint work programme which will continue till 2023. Joint work programme was initiated with the aim of enhancing cooperation in agriculture.
- Under new work programme, 13 Centres of Excellence (CoEs) were set up to make Indian farmers aware of Israeli farm and water technologies. A model ecosystem in agriculture called Villages of Excellence (VoE) will also be created across eight states within 75 villages. New programme will promote increase of net income and enhance livelihood of individual farmer.
- India and Israel have completed four similar joint work programmes successfully.
International (Current Affairs)
Collinet Makosso appointed Republic of Congo’s new PM
- Republic of the Congo’s President Denis Sassou-Nguesso appointed Anatole Collinet Makosso as the new prime minister, the presidency announced.
- Before this appointment, Makosso was the education minister of the Central African country since 2015.
Note: About Congo
- Capital: Kinshasa
- Currency: Congolese franc
Dr Harsh Vardhan chairs 74th World Health Assembly
- Minister of Health & Family Welfare and Chairman of WHO Executive Board, Dr Harsh Vardhan, chaired 74th World Health Assembly in virtual mode on March 24, 2021.
- According to Dr Harsh Vardhan, executive board has asked for further efforts which can ensure fair and equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines under COVAX Facility. Director-General of World Health Organisation, Dr Tedros, also participated in the event.
- Board recommended 74th World Health Assembly to consider report on mental health preparedness and response for Covid-19 pandemic.
- It further recommended to endorse updated comprehensive Mental Health Action Plan for 2013 to 2030 and encouraged WHO to work in collaboration with World Organisation for Animal Health and Food & Agriculture Organisation so that source of zoonotic virus can be identified.
IMF proposes $50 billion global vaccination plan
- The International Monetary Fund has proposed a $50 billion global vaccination plan that would cover at least 40 per cent of the global population by the end of 2021 and at least 60 per cent by the first half of 2022.
- The vaccination target requires additional upfront grants to Covax, donating surplus doses and free cross-border flows of raw materials and finished vaccines.
Note: About IMF
- Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., U.S
- Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath
Banking & Financial
Foreign direct investment jumps 19% to $59.64 bn in 2020-21
- Foreign direct investments (FDI) into the country grew 19 per cent to USD 59.64 billion during 2020-21 on account of measures taken by the government on the fronts of policy reforms, investment facilitation and ease of doing business.
- Total FDI, including equity, re-invested earnings and capital, rose 10 per cent to the “highest ever” of USD 81.72 billion during 2020-21 as against USD 74.39 billion in 2019-20.
- In terms of top investor countries, Singapore is at the top with 29 per cent share. It was followed by the US (23 per cent) and Mauritius (9 per cent) during the last fiscal.
- “FDI equity inflow grew by 19 per cent in 2020-21 (USD 59.64 billion), compared to 2019-20 (USD 49.98 billion).
Barclays pegs India’s FY22 GDP growth at 7.7% in bear-case scenario
- Barclays has pegged India’s economic growth for fiscal 2021-22 (FY22) – as measured by gross domestic product (GDP) – at 7.7 per cent in the bear-case scenario, if the country is hit by the third wave of the Covid pandemic going ahead.
- The economic cost, it believes, could rise by at least a further $42.6 billion, assuming another round of similar stringent lockdowns are imposed across the country for eight weeks later this year.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
- Nomura –10.8%
Narinder Batra re-elected as FIH President
- Narinder Batra has been re-elected as the President of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) for the second consecutive term.
- He was elected during the virtual 47th Congress of FIH, where he beat Marc Coudron, Chief of Belgium Hockey Federation, by just two votes. He will hold the office until 2024 because the FIH has reduced the term from four to three years.
Book & Author
A book title “Nehru, Tibet and China” authored by Avtar Singh Bhasin
- A book has titled “Nehru, Tibet and China” authored by Avtar Singh Bhasin.
- The book based on years of meticulous archival research, this book in fascinating detail, analyses the events from 1949 to the Indo-China war in 1962 and its aftermath to explore the answers to these burning questions.
25 May: World Thyroid Day
- World Thyroid Day is observed globally on 25 May every year. The main purpose of the WTD is to aware of the importance of Thyroid and the prevention and treatment of thyroid diseases.
- This day is established in 2008. The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland in the throat that produces T3 (Thyroxine) and T4 (Triiodothyronine) and maintained by the Thyroid-stimulating hormone(TSH).
25 May: International Missing Children’s Day
- International Missing Children’s Day is observed globally on 25th May every year. This day is observed for missing children who have found their way home, remember those that are victims of crime, and continue efforts to seek out those that are still missing.
- The day was proclaimed in 1983, by U.S. President Ronald Reagan. In 2001, 25 May was the first formally recognized as International Missing Children’s Day (IMCD).
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|