Daily GK Update 31 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Govt announces scheme to provide pension for dependents of Covid victims
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Government of India has announced two major measures for those families who have lost the earning member due to Covid.
- Firstly, the government have decided to provide family pension to such families and secondly, provide them with enhanced & liberalised insurance compensation.
Family Pension under Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC):
- Dependent family members of such persons will be entitled to get the benefit of a pension equivalent to 90% of the average daily wage drawn by the worker as per the existing norms.
- This benefit will be applicable with effect from 24 March 2020 till 24 March 2022.
Employees Provident Fund Organization- Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI):
- The amount of maximum insurance benefit has been increased from Rs 6 lakh to Rs. 7 lakh. The provision of minimum insurance benefit has been retained at Rs. 2.5 lakh.
- This benefit will apply retrospectively from 15 February 2020 for the next three years, that is 15 February 2022.
PM Modi announces Rs 10 Lakh PM CARES Fund for kids orphaned due to COVID
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a number of welfare measures for children who lost their parents to COVID-19.
Fixed Deposit in the name of the child:
- The total corpus of the fund will be Rs 10 lakh for each child. This corpus will be used to give a monthly financial support/ stipend when the child reaches 18 years of age, for the next five years to take care of his or her personal requirements.
- Upon reaching the age of 23 years, the child will get the corpus amount as one lump sum for personal and professional use.
- Children under 10 years will be given admission to the nearest Kendriya Vidyalaya or in a private school as a day scholar.
- Children between 11-18 years of age will be given admission to any central government residential school such as Sainik School and Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- Each child will be enrolled as a beneficiary under Ayushman Bharat Scheme (PM-JAY) with a health insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh.
- The premium amount for these children will be paid by PM CARES, till they attain the age of 18 years.
International (Current Affairs)
First Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt receives UAE’s Golden Visa
- The UAE government awarded Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt with its Golden Visa. The Golden Visa system essentially offers long-term residency to people with outstanding talents.
- In 2019, UAE implemented a new system for long-term residence visas enabling foreigners to live, work & study there without the need of a national sponsor & with 100% ownership of their business.
CRPF DG Kuldiep Singh gets additional charge of NIA
- Director-General of Central Reserve Police Force, Kuldiep Singh has been given additional charge of Director General of National Investigation Agency, NIA.
- He will hold the additional post after 31st or this month after the superannuation of Y C Modi. He has been appointed as DG, CRPF up to September 30, 2022–the date of his superannuation.
List of Chiefs and DGS
- IB- Arvind Kumar
- CBI Direction: Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
- CRPF- Kuldiep Singh
- ITBP- SS Deswal
- NSG– M. A. Ganapathy
- NDRF- SN Pradhan
- RAW- Samant Goel
Asian Boxing Championships 2021
- Pooja Rani Bohra (75 kg) wins gold at Asian boxing championships in Dubai; Mary Kom (51 kg), Lalbuatsaihi (64 kg), Anupama (+81kg) win silver.
- Women: 51kg: M.C. Mary Kom lost to Nazym Kyzaibay (Kaz) 3-2; 64kg: Lalbuatsaihi lost to Milana Saronova (Kaz) 3-2; 75kg: Pooja Rani Bohra bt Mavluda Movlonova (Uzb) 5-0; +81kg: Anupama lost to Lazzat Kungeibayeva (Kaz) 3-2.
NATO Conduct Steadfast Defender 21 war Games
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) is organising “Steadfast Defender 21 war games” military exercises in Europe as tensions with Russia increases.
- This war games are being organised with the aim of simulating response of 30-nation military organisation for attack on any one of its members. It seeks to test ability of NATO to deploy troops from America.
Note: About NATO
- Founded: 4 April 1949
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
Book & Author
HarperCollins announces Ravi Shastri’s Book Stargazing: The player in my life
- Cricket legend, commentator and one of Team India’s most successful coaches, Ravi Shastri has penned a book titled ‘Stargazing: The Players in My Life’. The news was announced by publisher HarperCollins India on Ravi Shastri’s birthday on May 27, 2021.
- In ‘Stargazing: The Players in My Life’, Shastri writes about some 60 extraordinary talents he has met from across the world who have inspired him. The book is co-authored by Shastri and Ayaz Memon.
31 May: World No Tobacco Day
- World No Tobacco Day is observed on May 31 every year to highlight the risk associated with the use of tobacco. The annual campaign is an opportunity to raise awareness to help reduce use and protect the health of the people.
- Theme 2021: ‘Commit to quit.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|