Current Affairs 6th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Table of Contents
Uttarakhand commissioned country’s 1st Liquid Mirror Telescope
- The country’s first and the largest liquid mirror telescope was commissioned atop Devasthal, a hill in Uttarakhand.
- This will aim to identify transient or variable objects such as supernovae, gravitational lenses, space debris, and asteroids.
- The Indian Liquid Mirror Telescope (ILMT) is built by astronomers from India, Belgium and Canada.
- It is located at an altitude of 2,450 metres at the Devasthal Observatory campus of Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), an autonomous institute under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India in Nainital district, Uttarakhand.
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh
- Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
Delhi govt to name colonies & streets after Babasaheb Ambedkar
- Delhi Government is planning to rename the colonies & streets in the city with the word “Harijan” after the name of BR Ambedkar.
- Proposal has been tabled by Social Welfare Minister Rajendra Pal Gautam.
- The Delhi Government strives to uplift the SC, ST, and OBC communities living in the national capital.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Vinai Kumar Saxena
- Chief Secretary: Naresh Kumar
- Heritage site: Humayun’s Tomb, Qutb Minar and its Monuments
- River:Ganges, Yamuna
Union Minister of social Justice and empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar launched the Scheme “SHRESHTA”
- Virendra Kumar, Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched the “SHRESHTA” Scheme for residential education for students in High school in Targeted Areas.
- Scheme for Residential Education for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas (SHRESHTA) scheme provides high quality education for meritorious but poor SC students in CBSE-affiliated reputed residential schools across the country.
- Students belonging to marginalized income group with Rs. 2.5 lakh as the parental income are eligible.
THE Asia University Rankings 2022: 4 Indian institutions in top 100, IISC Bengaluru ranked highest at 42nd
- Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2022 was released by the Times Higher Education (THE).
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) continued to be the best institute of the country. It ranked at 42nd place.
- IISc in the top 100 institutions from Asia were JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research debuting at 65th place, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar at 68th rank and IIT Indore at 87th place.
- India was the third most-represented country, behind Japan and mainland China with 71 institutions.
- 17 Indian universities topped the list under top 200.
Top 4 universities under top 100:
- JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research (65th)
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (68th)
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore (87th)
- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (42nd)
Top 10 universities under top 200:
- IIT Gandhinagar
- Alagappa University
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Saveetha University
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Delhi Technological University (DTU)
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
- Institute of Chemical Technology
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
Instagram launched its new feature ‘AMBER alert’ to help find missing children
- Instagram has launched ‘AMBER alert’ feature to help find missing children.
- The photo-sharing app has partnered with various organisations globally like the National Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) in the US, the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children, the National Crime Agency in the UK, the Office of the Attorney General in Mexico, Federal Police and more.
- The alerts on the Meta-owned platform will include details such as a child’s photo, description, and location of the abduction.
- Amber Alerts are available on Facebook since 2015. This feature will be available in 25 countries.
Banking and Financial
Airtel Payments Bank partnered with Muthoot Finance to offer gold loans on Airtel Thanks app
- Airtel Payments Bank has partnered with Muthoot Finance to offer gold loans through Airtel Thanks app.
- There will be no-processing charge on the loan. Muthoot Finance will provide up to 75 per cent of the pledged gold value as a loan.
- The loan facility will also be available at the 5 lakh banking points for Airtel Payments Bank.
About Airtel Payments Bank:
- Founded: January 2017
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Managing Director & CEO: Anubrata Biswas
Stashfin introduced #LiveBoundless, a credit line card for women
- Stashfin is a neo banking platform which introduces #LiveBoundless – a credit line card especially for women.
- This card aims at giving women greater financial freedom. It also offers cashback rewards, welcome credits, Free ATM Withdrawals and deals.
- The card acts as a virtual and physical medium for shopping, traveling, and eating and includes 1% cashback on every spend to benefits worth Rs 5,000 in the first year.
RBI announced results of its First Global Hackathon – HARBINGER 2021
- The Reserve Bank has launched its first global hackathon – “Harbinger 2021 – Innovation for Transformation” under the theme of the “Harbinger 2021 – Innovation for Transformation” is ‘Smarter Digital Payments’ in November 2021.
- The results were announced, Tone Tag, a brand of Naffa Innovations Pvt Ltd, has been declared as the winner in two categories.
- This was organised to suggest innovative solutions for smarter digital payments.
- India-based Tone Tag has been declared the winner in two segments, ‘Innovative, easy-to-use, non-mobile digital payment solutions for converting small-ticket cash transactions to digital mode’ and ‘Context-based retail payments to remove the physical act of payment’.
- NapID Cybersec Pvt Ltd (INDIA) and TrustCheckr (INDIA) were the winners of the other two categories.
- The runner-ups were Extolabs LLC (USA); neoEYED (USA); Sperotel Technologies LLP (INDIA); Ezetap Mobile Solutions Pvt Ltd (India); and Lalit Kumar Pagaria (India).
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor: T Rabi Sankar
Government approved 8.1% EPF interest rate for 2021-22
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) will start crediting 8.1% Rate of Interest for the year 2021-22 soon.
- In March, EPFO decided to lower the interest on provident fund deposits for 2021-22 to 8.1 per cent from 8.5 per cent provided in 2020-21.
- The 8.1 per cent EPF rate of interest is the lowest since 1977-78, when it stood at 8 per cent.
About Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO):
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Neelam Shami Rao
Appointment and Resignation
Javier Olivan appointed as the new Chief Operating Officer of Meta
- Javier Olivan is the current chief growth officer at Meta Platforms and now will look after the company’s chief operating officer after Sheryl Sandberg.
- Olivan has been with Meta (Facebook), for several years.
- Olivan grew up in a small town in the Pyrenees Mountains of northern Spain but now lives in Palo Alto, California.
- He worked with Siemens AG, Japan’s NTT Data and after this with Facebook.
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Founded: February 2004
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
IIFA awards 2022: Vicky Kaushal and Kriti Sanon won Best Male & Female Actor award respectively
- The International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA) held in Abu Dhabi.
- This year the IIFA 2022 Awards was hosted by Salman Khan, Maniesh Paul and Riteish Deshmukh.
List of the winners of IIFA 2022:
- Best Actor (Male): Vicky Kaushal for Sardar Udham
- Best Actor (Female): Kriti Sanon for Mimi
- Best Director: Vishnuvaradhan for Shershaah
- Best Film: Hiroo Yash Johar, Karan Johar, Apoorva Mehta, Shabbir Boxwala, Ajay Shah, Himanshu Gandhi for Shershaah
- Best Playback Singer Female: Asees Kaur for ‘Raataan Lambiyan’, Shershaah
- Best Playback Singer Male: Jubin Nautiyal for song ‘Raataan Lambiyan’, Shershaah
- Best Lyrics: Kausar Munir for ‘Lehra Do’, 83
- Best Music Direction: A R Rahman for Atrangi Re and Jasleen Royal, Javed-Mohsin, Vikram Montrose, B Praak, Jaani for Shershaah
- Best Male Debut: Ahan Shetty for Tadap
- Best Female Debut: Sharvari Wagh for Bunty Aur Babli 2
- Best Story Adapted: Kabir Khan, Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan for 83
- Best Original Story: Ludo by Anurag Basu
- Best Supporting Actor Female: Sai Tamhankar for Mimi
- Best Supporting Actor Male: Pankaj Tripathi for Ludo
Indian Navy decommissioned two ships INS Nishank, INS Akshay after 32 years of service
- Indian Navy Ships Nishank and Akshay were decommissioned, after rendering 32 years of glorious service to India.
- The event was conducted at Naval Dockyard in Mumbai.
- INS Nishank was commissioned on September 12, 1989.
- INS Akshay was commissioned on December 10, 1990 at Poti, Georgia.
- INS Nishank is a Veer class corvette, having the length of 56 m (184 ft). It can attain the speed of 32 knots (59 km/h) and a range of1,650 mi (2,660 km).
About Indian Navy
- Motto(s): शं नो वरुणः (‘May the Lord of Water be auspicious unto us’)
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 26 January 1950
- Commander-in-Chief: President Ram Nath Kovind
India-Bangladesh joint military exercise ‘Sampriti-X’ began in Bangladesh
- A joint military training exercise “Ex SAMPRITI-X” is being conducted by India & Bangladesh at Jashore Military Station in Bangladesh from 5-16 June 2022.
- The aim is to strengthen interoperability between the two armies and to understand each other’s tactical drills and operational techniques.
- The Indian contingent of the Company’s strength is being represented by a battalion of the Dogra Regiment and a contingent departing by road for the exercise.
- Exercise Sampriti is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour conducted alternately by both countries.
List of some other important exercise:
- Al-Mohed Al-Hindi: India and Saudi Arabia
- Surya Kiran: India and Nepal
- Vajra Prahar: India and United States
- Yudh Abhyas: India and United States
- Indradhanush: India and UK
Spain’s Rafael Nadal defeated Norway’s Casper Ruud in final to win men’s singles title of French Open
- Rafael Nadal has won the 14th French Open by defeating Norwegian Casper Ruud and received the title of all-time best men’s singles.
- Nadal won the last 11 games after trailing 3-1 in the second set.
- Casper Ruud has won six titles, five of them on clay and two of them this year.
- He is ranked as high as World No.8, becoming the first player from Norway to make the top 10 of the world rankings.
Winners of French Open 2022:
- Men’s singles: Rafael Nadal- Spain
- Women’s singles: Iga Świątek- Poland
- Men’s doubles: Marcelo Arévalo- El Salvador / Jean-Julien Rojer- Netherlands
- Women’s doubles: Caroline Garcia- France / Kristina Mladenovic- France
- Mixed doubles: Ena Shibahara- Japan / Wesley Koolhof- Netherlands
5 June: International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated Fishing
- International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated Fishing is being celebrated every year on 5 June.
- The objective of the day is to draw attention to the threats posed by IUU fishing activities to the sustainable use of fisheries resources as well as to ongoing efforts to fight these activities.
- In December 2017, the UN General Assembly proclaimed to celebrate the day.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs