Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 1st and 2nd November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Uttarakhand CM inaugurates 10-day Uttarakhand Mahotsav in UP
- The 10-day Uttarakhand Mahotsav began at Pt Govind Ballabh Pant Parvatiya Sanskritik Upvan at Gomti Bank near Khatu Shyam mandir,
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami was the chief guest on the occasion.
- On the first day of the ten-day Uttarakhand Mahotsav, several groups of well-dressed men and women adorned with the traditional costumes and jewellery of Uttarakhand thronged the venue.
- The neatly designed stalls set up at the venue were the centre of attraction. A group of 21 women artists presented a cultural programme that won the hearts of the people.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
PM Modi launched ‘Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat)’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the ‘Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat)’ platform for the youth of the country at Kartavya Path on National Unity Day.
- In a momentous decision on October 11, 2023, the Union Cabinet, chaired by PM Modi, gave its approval for the establishment of an autonomous body known as “Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat).”
- ‘Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat)’ is envisioned as a pivotal, technology-driven facilitator for youth development and youth-led development, with the overarching goal of providing equitable opportunities to empower the youth in realizing their aspirations and contributing to the creation of a “Viksit Bharat” (developed India), across the entire spectrum of the Government.
- It envisions a framework where the youth of our country can seamlessly connect with programs, mentors, and their local communities.
- This engagement is designed to deepen their understanding of local issues and empower them to contribute to constructive solutions.
ABOUT MERA YUVA BHARAT (MY BHARAT)
- Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat), an autonomous body will benefit the youth in the age group of 15-29 years, in line with the definition of ‘Youth’ in the National Youth Policy. The beneficiaries will be in the age group of 10-19 years.
- Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) is ‘Phygital Platform’ (physical + digital) comprising physical activity along with an opportunity to connect digitally.
- The primary objective of Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) is to make it a whole of Government platform dedicated to the advancement of the youth.
‘Run for Unity’ event in Lucknow on Birth Aniversary of Sardar Patel
- Rajnath Singh presided over ‘Run for Unity’ event to commemorate the 148th birth anniversary of Iron Man of India Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The event was organized by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited in Lucknow.
- The 1.5 km run was flagged off by the Raksha Mantri from Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Pratima, Hazratganj and it culminated at KD Singh Babu Stadium. Thousands of people, including school children, NCC cadets, sportspersons & running enthusiasts, and HAL personnel participated in the run.
BigBasket tops Fairwork Index 2023 for gig workers
- Tata-owned BigBasket has topped, while ride-hailing majors Uber and Ola, along with logistics startup Porter, are the worst platforms for gig workers, according to research firm Fairwork India 2023.
- Big Basket, BluSmart, Zomato, Urban Company, and Swiggy scored the highest points in the Fairwork India Report 2023 with Big Basket scoring the overall highest score of 6 out of 10 points.
- Both Ola and Porter scored zero on a scale of 1 to 10 when evaluated for minimum standards of fair work in the platform economy, according to the ‘Fairwork India 2023’ report.
- The report evaluates 12 platforms offering location-based services in sectors such as domestic and personal care, logistics, food delivery, and transportation, in India.
Rajeev Chandrasekhar participated in ‘AI Safety Summit’ 2023 in UK
- Union Minister of State for Skill Development Rajeev Chandrasekhar participated in the “AI Safety Summit 2023” that is scheduled to be held in United Kingdom.
- The summit is organized by the UK Government, and will bring together Ministers and representatives from various countries, including the UK, US, France, Indonesia, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, and South Korea, among others.
- Centered on the theme of “Al for Good.”
- The objectives of the Summit are deliberating the risks associated with AI, particularly at the cutting edge of its development, and exploring strategies for their mitigation through globally coordinated efforts.
Kozhikode and Gwalior declared Creative Cities of Literature and Music by UNESCO
- On World Cities Day, Kozhikode in Kerala and Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh became a part of the prestigious UNESCO Creative Cities Network, adding to the list of 55 new cities.
- The list was released by the UN body and Union minister G Kishan Reddy called it a “proud moment for India”. These cities have strong commitment to harnessing culture and creativity.
- Kozhikode, the venue of choice for the Kerala Literature Festival and several book festivals, was named the ‘City of Literature’ by the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN), making it the first such city in India.
- Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, was declared the “City of Music” by UNESCO. This is a fitting honor for the city that produced the legendary musician Tansen and where the Scindia Gharana has preserved and propagated music for centuries.
- UNESCO has shared the full list of the new 55 cities, which include Bukhara (Crafts and Folk Art), Casablanca (Media Arts), Chongqing (Design), Kathmandu (Film), Rio de Janeiro (Literature), and Ulaanbaatar (Crafts and Folk Art).
- World Cities Day, designated by the United Nations, falls on October 31.
About United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes cooperation among nations through education, science, culture, and communication.
- Formation – 16 November 1945
- Headquarters – Paris, France
- Director General – Audrey Azoulay (France)
- Member countries – 193
Banking and Financial
GST collections surge to ₹1.72 lakh in October
- The government has collected Rs 1,72,003 crore in October through GST.
- This is the second-highest monthly collection after the Rs 1.87 lakh crore netted in April 2023.
- Gross GST revenue for October is 13 percent higher compared to the same month last year.
- During the month, revenue from domestic transactions (including import of services) is also 13 percent higher than the revenue from these sources during the same month last year. The average gross monthly GST collection in FY 2023-24 now stands at Rs 1.66 lakh crore, which is 11 percent higher compared to the previous financial year.
- October’s GST revenues included Central GST (CGST) of ₹30,062 crore, State GST of ₹38,171 crore, and Integrated GST (IGST) of ₹91,315 crore.
- The government settled ₹42,873 crore to CGST and ₹36,614 crore to SGST from IGST, resulting in a total revenue of ₹72,934 crore for CGST and ₹74,785 crore for SGST in October 2023 after regular settlements.
GST Collection of Previous Months
- January 2023 – 1,55,922 crore
- February 2023 – 1,49,577 crore
- March 2023 – 1,60,122 crore
- April 2023 – 1,87,035 crore
- May 2023 – 1,57,090 crore
- June 2023 – 1,61,497 crore
- July 2023 – 1,65,105 crore
- August 2023 – 1,59,069 crore
- September 2023 – 1,62,712 crore
Saima Wazed to lead WHO’s South-East Asia Region
- Bangladesh’s Saima Wazed has been nominated to lead the World Health Organization South-East Asia Region.
- Wazed is a clinical psychologist and the daughter of Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- Member countries voted to nominate her as the next Regional Director of the United Nation’s health body, according to WHO South East Asia Region Office.
- She won against Nepal’s candidate, Dr Shambhu Acharya, who has been working in the WHO director-general’s office since 2013.
- Her nomination will be submitted during the WHO executive board meeting in January 2024 and she will take office in February. She will succeed India’s Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh, who was the first woman to hold the office and remained in the position for two five-year terms.
- New speaker of US House – Mike Johnson
- Head coach of Indian women’s cricket team – Amol Muzumdar
- Director of General Hospital Services (Armed Forces) – Air Marshal Sadhna Saxena Nair
- Election Commission’s national icon – Rajkummar Rao
- SVP & MD for HP India – Ipsita Dasgupta
- CMD of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) – Sanjay Kumar Jain (replace Mahendra Pratap Maal)
Koppu Sadashiv Murthy takes charge as CMD of BHEL
- Koppu Sadashiv Murthy has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL).
- Prior to this, Koppu Sadashiv Murthy was the Executive Director of the Corporate Operations Management group at BHEL, and also simultaneously held additional charge of Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Pumps and Compressors Limited (BPCL).
- An Electrical Engineering graduate from Bhopal University with an MBA in Finance, Koppu Sadashiv Murthy joined BHEL in 1989 at its Jhansi manufacturing unit.
- During his 34 years of years of wide-ranging and hands-on experience in BHEL’s Corporate Office and in various manufacturing units such as Hyderabad, Bhopal, Jhansi, and Varanasi, Murthy has developed a comprehensive set of competencies in strategic, operational, project and commercial management.
- CMD of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd (HUDCO) – Sanjay Kulshreshtha
- International Dairy Federation (IDF) Board – Dr Meenesh Shah
- Finance Director of Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) – Dr. Bijay Kumar Mohanty
- National president of the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) – Pankaj Bohr
Lionel Messi clinches record-extending eighth Ballon d’Or award
- Lionel Messi won the men’s Ballon d’Or for a record-extending eighth time after fulfilling his life’s ambition by leading Argentina to the World Cup title in Qatar last year.
- Messi is 36 and won his first Ballon d’Or in 2009. With eight, he is now three ahead of his old rival Cristiano Ronaldo, the next most decorated player in the award’s history.
- The 36-year-old Messi won ahead of Manchester City forward Erling Haaland and his former PSG teammate Kylian Mbappe.
- Aitana Bonmati won the women’s award for guiding Spain to victory at the Women’s World Cup in August. She also helped Barcelona win the Women’s Champions League and Spanish league.
- A year after missing out on the shortlist for the 2022 Ballon d’Or, and despite leaving top-level European football behind, Messi has recovered his crown.
- USISPF Global Leadership Award 2023 – Nita Ambani
- Global Teacher Prize 2023 – West Bengal’s Teacher Deep Narayan Nayak
- Title of ‘Chevalier dans l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres’ by the French govt – Richa Chadha
- National Medal of Technology and Innovation Award by US President – Ashok Gadgil and Subra Suresh
- Global Leadership Award by the Harvard Law School – CJI DY Chandrachud
Vihaan Talya Vikas wins ‘Wildlife Photographer of The Year’ Award
- 10-Year-Old Bangalore Kid, Vihaan Talya Vikas was awarded the best photographer in his category at the prestigious Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition held in London.
- Organized by the Natural History Museum, London, the competition showcases the finest wildlife photography from around the world.
- Vihaan’s achievement is all the more impressive considering the stiff competition he faced. His photograph rose above 50,000 entries from 95 countries to secure the coveted award in the under-10 category.
- The event is also considered the ‘Oscars of Photography’.
Saudi Arabia to host FIFA World Cup 2034
- Saudi Arabia was the only football association to present a bid to host the 2034 FIFA World Cup before the deadline closed, soccer’s global governing body FIFA confirmed.
- FIFA had invited bids from Asia and Oceania for the tournament and Saudi Arabia announced it would bid only minutes after the announcement.
- Australia said, it would not be presenting a bid to host the tournament, leaving Saudi Arabia as the only candidate.
- It also confirmed that the sole confirmation of interest in hosting the 2030 World Cup came from Morocco, Portugal, Spain and Uruguay, hosting celebratory games.
David Willey to retire from international cricket after World Cup 2023
- England all-rounder David Willey has announced that he will retire from international cricket at the end of the ODI World Cup
- The 33-year-old made his debut for England in 2015 and since then he has earned 70 ODI caps and 43 in T20Is.
- He amassed 627 runs in the 50-over format and scalped 94 wickets at an average of 30.3 and an economy of 5.57.
- In T20I he struck 226 runs and picked up 51 wickets at an average of 23.1 and an economy of 8.18.
Recently Retired Players
- Sornnarin Tippoch – International Cricket – Thailand
- Alastair Cook – International Cricket – England
- Steven Finn – All forms of Cricket – England
- Alex Hales – International Cricket – England
- Manoj Tiwary – All forms of cricket – India
- Diego Godin – Professional Football – Uruguay
- Stuart Broad – International Cricket – England
- Lahiru Thirimanne- International Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Nahida Khan – International Cricket – Pakistan
- Shabnim Ismail – International Cricket – South Africa
1 November – 7 Indian States & 2 UTs celebrated their Formation Day
- 1st November is recognized as the formation day of seven Indian states and 2 Union Territories.
- The states celebrating the formation day today are Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh and Punjab. The Union Territories of Lakshadweep and Puducherry are also celebrating their formation day.
1 November – World Vegan Day
- World Vegan Day is celebrated every year on 1 November.
- The day is dedicated to spread awareness among people about the benefits of vegan diet on health and wellbeing.
- Theme 2023 – Celebrating for a Good Cause
- It provides a global platform for vegans and vegan organizations to promote positive ethical, environmental, and health impacts of vegan diet.
- A vegan diet is a choice that is free from animal products like eggs, poultry, meat, and other animal derived products. There are several reasons behind adoption of vegan diet. However, some of the specific ones include health, welfare of animals, and sustainable environment.
- The history of World Vegan Day dates back to 1 November 1994 when ‘The Vegan Society’ was established to promote veganism and a vegan diet.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|