Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 29th May 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ India Moves Up to Rank 43 in Competitiveness; Singapore Tops Chart
- India has moved up one place to rank 43rd most competitive economy in the world on the back of its robust economic growth, a large labour force and its huge market size, while Singapore has toppled the US to grab the top position, a global study showed.
- Hong Kong SAR has held onto its second place, helped by a benign tax and business policy environment and access to business finance.
- The IMD Business School said it takes into account a wide range of statistics such as unemployment, GDP and government spending on health and education, as well as data from an executive opinion survey covering topics such as social cohesion, globalisation and corruption.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ Nepal celebrates its 12th Republic Day on 29 may
- Nepal is celebrating its 12th Republic Day on Wednesday. A number of programmes are being organised in different parts of the country to mark the occasion.
- The main function was held at Army Pavilion in Kathmandu, which was attended by the President Bidya Devi Bhandari, Prime Minister K.P.Sharma Oli, cabinet ministers, senior government officials, heads and representatives of various diplomatic missions and other dignitaries.
- President Bhandari and Prime Minister Oli have greeted the people of Nepal on the occasion of Republic Day.
Banking and Finance
♦ RBI extends RTGS timings from 4:30 pm to 6 pm
- To facilitate high-value fund transfers, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced an extension of timings for customer transactions through Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) by one and half hours from 4:30 PM to 06 PM.
- In a notification, issued from Mumbai yesterday, RBI said that new timing will be effective from 1st June. The RTGS is an online fund transfer system, supported by the RBI, which enables money transaction on a real-time basis.
- The minimum amount for the transaction under this system is Rs 2 lakh. There is no upper limit on the value of funds that can be transferred via the RTGS system.
♦ Corporation Bank launches ‘SMESuvidha’ loan scheme for MSME sector
- State-owned Corporation Bank has launched ‘SMESuvidha’ scheme to provide loans to the GST-registered MSMEs at affordable interest rates.
- The product is designed as a part of the lender’s efforts to improve service and provide best products to MSME sector, the bank’s MD P V Bharathi said in a statement Monday.
- This is a unique product for GST-registered Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). It provides a competitive interest rate structure in the industry and also has various concessions suiting the developing entrepreneur, she said.
- The bank is actively participating in the government’s flagship programmes including ‘MUDRA’ and ‘Stand-up India’ to provide much-needed push to the MSME sector, the statement said.
♦ Malawi election: President Mutharika re-elected
- Malawi’s President Peter Mutharika has been narrowly elected to a second term in office with 38.5% of the vote.
- Challenger Lazarus Chakwera, who finished in second place, had sought to delay the results because of concerns over voting irregularities.
♦ Walmart appoints ex-Google exec Suresh Kumar as chief technology officer
- US-based retail chain Walmart Tuesday said it has appointed Suresh Kumar, an IIT Madras graduate and former Google executive, as chief technology officer and chief development officer.
- He will directly report to President and Chief Executive Officer Doug McMillon, Walmart said in a statement.
- The appointment comes at a time when Walmart is transforming its customer and associate experiences.
- He brings over 25 years of technology leadership experience coming from Google, Microsoft, Amazon and IBM, it said.
♦ Scott Morrison sworn in as Australia’s prime minister
- Also sworn in was Mr. Morrison’s revamped Cabinet, which includes an equal-record seven women, and Australia’s first Aboriginal federal cabinet minister, Ken Wyatt.
- Scott Morrison was sworn in as Australia’s Prime Minister on Wednesday, 11 days after retaining the position in the country’s general election.
- Along with Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack, Mr. Morrison was sworn in by Queen Elizabeth’s official representative in Australia, Governor-General Sir Peter Cosgrove, at a ceremony in the capital, Canberra.
♦ Mumbai-based author Annie Zaidi wins Nine Dots book award, and $100K cash prize
- Indian writer Annie Zaidi was on Wednesday announced as the 2019 winner of the USD 100,000 Nine Dots Prize, a prestigious book prize created to award innovative thinking that addresses contemporary issues around the world.
- Mumbai-based Zaidi, a freelance writer whose work includes reportage, essays, short stories, poetry and plays, won for her entry ‘Bread, Cement, Cactus’ – combining memoir and reportage to explore concepts of home and belonging rooted in her experience of contemporary life in India.
♦ N Kumar won Horticulture award for TNAU V-C
- N Kumar, Vice-Chancellor, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, has been conferred the lifetime recognition award by the Confederation of Horticulture Association of India. The award has been conferred for his outstanding contribution in the field of horticulture and academic leadership focussed on human resource development in agriculture.
♦ Manu Bhaker secures India’s 7th Olympic quota in shooting
- Young shooter Manu Bhaker secured India its seventh Olympic quota with a fourth-place finish in the women’s 10m air pistol event of the ISSF World Cup here Wednesday, putting the disappointment of pistol malfunction in her earlier event behind.
- The 17-year Bhaker shot 201.0 in the final to secure the quota for the Tokyo Games.
♦ 2020 Asia Cup hosting rights awarded to Pak, tournament set to be held at neutral venue
- The next edition of the Asia Cup could also be UAE-bound with Pakistan given the hosting rights of the tournament in 2020, as organising it in its own country will cast serious doubts on India’s participation owing to diplomatic tensions.
- The Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in its meeting in Singapore on Tuesday awarded the continental meet, to be held in T20 format, to Pakistan, which will most likely organise it in the neutral venues of the United Arab Emirates, its cricket team’s ‘home’ since the 2009 terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team bus.
♦ Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa receives Baton of Chairman COSC
- Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa received the baton of Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee from outgoing Chairman COSC and Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba, here today. Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa will be the Chairman COSC with effect from May 31, 2019 consequent to relinquishment of charge by Admiral Sunil Lanba upon superannuation.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review April 2019 in (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- GK Capsule for IDBI Assistant Manager 2019 : Download PDF from here
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here