Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 12th June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦India slips 5 places to 141 on Global Peace Index 2019; Iceland again tops\
- India’s rank has slipped five places to 141 among 163 countries on the Global Peace Index 2019, while Iceland remains the most peaceful country and Afghanistan the least peaceful nation, says a report. Australian think tank Institute for Economics & Peace ranks countries according to their level of peacefulness based on three thematic domains — the level of societal safety and security, the extent of ongoing domestic and international conflict and the degree of militarisation.
- Iceland remains the most peaceful country in the world, a position it has held since 2008. It is joined at the top of the Global Peace Index (GPI) by New Zealand, Austria, Portugal, and Denmark.
- Afghanistan is now the least peaceful country in the world, replacing Syria, which is now the second least peaceful. South Sudan, Yemen, and Iraq comprise the remaining five least peaceful countries.
Note- About Iceland
- Capital: Reykjavík
- Currency: Icelandic króna
♦Cabinet approves signing of Memorandum of Understanding between India and Russia in the field of Railways
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, was apprised of a Memorandum of Understanding on the cooperation between Research Designs and Standards Organisation, under the Ministry of Railways, India and Railway Research Institute, Russia and Research and Design Institute for Information Technology, Signalling and Telecommunication on Railway Transport, Russia.
- The MoU will facilitate exchange of information, expert meetings, seminars, technical visits and implementation of jointly agreed cooperation projects.
Note- About Russia
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian ruble
- President: Vladimir Putin
♦Cabinet approves MoU between India and Kyrgyzstan on Cooperation in the field of Health
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved theproposal of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic in the field of Health.
Note- About Kyrgyzstan
- Capital: Bishkek
- Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
- President: Sooronbay Jeenbekov
♦Japan to invest Rs 13,000 cr in northeast in infrastructure projects
- Japan will invest Rs 13,000 crore in several ongoing as well as new infrastructure projects in the northeast region, including a water supply scheme in Assam and a network connectivity improvement initiative in Meghalaya, the DoNER Ministry said Wednesday.
- Some of the important projects in which Japan will collaborate include the Guwahati water supply project, Guwahati sewage project, the northeast road network connectivity improvement project spread over Assam and Meghalaya and northeast network connectivity improvement project in Meghalaya.
Note- About Japan
- Prime minister: Shinzō Abe
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
Banking and Financial
♦Retail inflation spikes to 7-month high of 3.05% in May on costlier food articles
- The previous high was in October 2018, when the retail inflation print came in at 3.38%
- Retail inflation spiked to a seven-month high of 3.05% in May mainly due to costlier food items, government data showed on June 12.
- The consumer price index- (CPI-) based retail inflation for April was revised marginally upwards to 2.99% from the earlier estimate of 2.92%, data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO) showed.
- Retail inflation stood at 4.87% in May 2018.
- The previous high was in October 2018, when the retail inflation print came in at 3.38%.
♦Amitav Ghosh to receive Jnanpith Award
- One of India’s leading contemporary English writers, Amitav Ghosh, has been honoured with 2018’s Jnanpith Award, a literary recognition given to an author for “outstanding contribution towards literature”. The author will receive the award from former Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi at a function in New Delhi on 12 June.
- Born in Kolkata, Ghosh who spent his formative years in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka has studied in Delhi, Oxford and Alexandria. He has earlier won the Sahitya Akademi Award for his much-loved novel, The Shadow Lines (1988).
Note- About Jnanpith Award
- Established: 1961
- First winner: G. Sankara Kurup
- First awarded: 1965
♦Reckitt Benckiser Names PepsiCo’s Laxman Narasimhan As Next Chief Executive Officer
- British consumer goods giant Reckitt Benckiser on Wednesday named PepsiCo executive Laxman Narasimhan as its next chief executive officer, to succeed Rakesh Kapoor. Mr Narasimhan, PepsiCo’s global chief commercial officer, will join Reckitt as CEO-designate and be appointed to the board on July 16.
- He will become group CEO on September 1, the company said in a statement.
♦Nripendra Misra, P K Mishra to continue as principal secy, additional principal secy to PM Modi
- Nripendra Misra and P K Mishra were on Tuesday re-appointed as Principal Secretary and Additional Principal Secretary respectively to Prime Minister Narendra Modi with cabinet minister rank.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved both the appointments with effect from May 31, an order issued by the personnel ministry said.
- Their appointments will be co-terminus with the term of the prime minister, it said.
- During the term of their office, they will be assigned the rank of cabinet minister, the ministry said.
♦Chandrayaan-2 launch on July 15: ISRO
- It is India’s second mission to the Moon; Chandrayaan-1was launched about 10 years ago.
- Chandrayaan-2, India’s second Moon mission, will be launched on July 15, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman K. Sivan announced on Wednesday.
- Chandrayaan-1 mission was launched about 10 years ago.
- Chandrayaan-2, which will be launched at 2.15 am from Sriharikota, includes a lander and a rover for the first time in an Indian space mission. The moon landing is planned for September 6 or 7.
- The spacecraft, with a mass of 3.8 tonnes, has an orbiter, the lander (Vikram) and the rover (Pragyan).
♦Kohli only Indian among Forbes highest paid athletes, Messi tops the list
- Star cricketer Virat Kohli remains the sole Indian in the Forbes list of world’s highest-paid athletes with estimated annual earnings of $25 million.
- However, the Indian captain has dropped 17 spots to be 100th in the rankings.
- The list is headed by Barcelona and Argentina football superstar Lionel Messi.
- According to the Forbes list announced on Tuesday, Kohli’s estimated earnings are $21 million from endorsements and USD 4 million from salary and winnings, taking his total tally to $25 million for the last 12 months.
- Ranked 83rd last year, Kohli has climbed down to the 100th and last spot despite an increase of $1 million in endorsements.
♦World Day Against Child Labour 12 June
- The International Labour Organization (ILO) launched the World Day Against Child Labour in 2002 to focus attention on the global extent of child labour and the action and efforts needed to eliminate it. Each year on 12 June, the World Day brings together governments, employers and workers organizations, civil society, as well as millions of people from around the world to highlight the plight of child labourers and what can be done to help them.
- 2019 theme: Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams!
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- The Hindu Review May 2019 (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|