Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 16 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦IIT Delhi signs MoU with five CSIR laboratories to promote cooperative research
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Delhi) has entered into an agreement with five of the renowned national laboratories of CSIR, CSIR-advanced materials and processes Research Institute, CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments organisation, CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute, CSIR-Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology, CSIR-National Physical Laboratory of India by signing an MoU.
- The MoU was signed by the Directors of above five laboratories and Prof V. Ramgopal Rao, Director, IIT Delhi on July 16, 2019.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Thailand’s new Cabinet sworn in, ending rule by army junta
- Thailand’s new Cabinet has been sworn in, creating a nominally elected government after five years of military rule but keeping power in the hands of the same allies of the army.
- Prayuth Chan-ocha, who as army commander seized power in a 2014 coup and then served as junta leader and Prime Minister, returns to serve again as Prime Minister. This time he was elected by a parliamentary vote after a March general election gave pro-military parties a majority.
- The election was held according to laws enacted by Prayuth’s junta aimed at disadvantaging established political parties. Critics say the vote was undemocratic and engineered to prolong rule by the military and its conservative allies.
Note- About Thailand
- Capital: Bangkok
- Currency: Thai baht
Banking and Financial
♦HDFC Bank, CSC launch credit card for village entrepreneurs and small traders
- HDFC Bank and Common Services Centres (CSCs) on Tuesday launched a co-branded ‘Small Business Money Back Credit Card’ for small traders and village-level entrepreneurs (VLEs). The credit card is specifically designed for VLEs and VLE-sourced customers. It would give users easy access to credit for their day-to-day business expenses, according to a statement.
- The card was launched by HDFC Bank MD Aditya Puri and CSC Chief Dinesh Kumar Tyagi. Personalised cards were handed out to a few women entrepreneurs during the occasion.
- CSCs act as access points for delivery of various services and there are 3.6 lakh such centres operating across the country.
Note –About HDFC BANK
- CEO/MD: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994, India
♦Rs 15,310.73 billion returned from circulation post-demonetisation
- The total value of specified banknotes returned from circulation during 2016 – 2017 was Rs 15,310.73 billion, Minister of State for Finance Anurag Thakur informed the Lok Sabha in a written reply on Monday.
- On November 8, 2016, the Centre had invalidated Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes and introduced new Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 notes in a bid to fight terror funding and money laundering.
- Responding to another question on non-performing assets (NPAs) in percentage term and the total GDP at the end of demonetisation and till date, Thakur said, “Gross NPA of scheduled commercial banks to gross advances, as per the RBI data on global operations, was 9.20% as on 31.12.2016 and 9.08% as on 31.3.2019.”
♦Former SC Justice AK Sikri Appointed As International Judge Of Singapore International Commercial Court
- The former Supreme Court Justice AK Sikri has been appointed as an international judge of the prestigious Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC).
- Sikri has been appointed to the post from 1 August this year by the President of the Republic of Singapore. The former SC judge’s term will expire on 4 January 2021.
Note- About Singapore
- Currency: Singapore dollar
- Capital: Singapore
- President-Halimah Yacob
♦ECI Appoints Sh B Murli Kumar as Special Expenditure Observer for Election to 8 – Vellore PC, Tamil Nadu
- The Election Commission of India has appointed Ex- DG IT Chennai Sh B Murli Kumar (ex IRS – 1983) as Special Expenditure Observer for 8-Vellore Parliamentary Constituency that goes to polls now on 5th August 2019. It may be recalled that on 14th April 2019, the Commission had made a recommendation to the Hon’ble President of India, under Article 324 of the Constitution read with Section 21 of the General Clauses Act, 1897, to rescind the Election to 8-Vellore Parliamentary Constituency, Tamil Nadu.
- The decision of the ECI to rescind the election in Vellore PC was based on detection of a systematic design to influence voters in 8- Vellore Parliamentary Constituency during the election process.
Note- About Tamil Nadu
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital: Chennai
- Population: 6.79 crores (2012)
♦India bags 2 Gold medals at ISSF Junior World Cup in Germany
- India bagged two Gold and one Silver medal in the Women’s 10-meter Air Rifle event at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany.
- In the Individual section of the category, Elavenil Valarivan claimed the top honours with a total score of 251.6, while another Indian Mehuli Ghosh settled for a Silver with 250.2 points. India also clinched a Gold in the team section by creating a junior world record.
- The effort ensured that India remain at the top of the medals tally with 14 medals, six Gold, six Silver and two Bronze. China is second with two Gold and a total of six medals.
♦Hima Das wins third gold in less than 2 weeks
- Hima Das won the women’s 200m event for her third international triumph in less than two weeks at the Kladno Athletics Meet in Czech Republic.
- Hima clocked a much improved time of 23.43 seconds to win the gold. She has a personal best of 23.10 sec in 200m. This was her third international gold in 11 days.
- In her first competitive 200m race of the year, the 19-year-old Assam runner had clocked 23.65 seconds on her way to gold at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland on July 2. After that, she won her second 200m gold at the Kutno Athletics Meet, also in Poland, on July 7 with a time of 23.97 seconds.
♦Computer password inventor Fernando Corbato, dies aged 93
- Computer pioneer Fernando Corbato, who first used passwords to protect user accounts, has died aged 93.
- Dr Corbato introduced the basic security measure while developing methods that let more people use a computer at the same time.
- He developed a technique, called time-sharing, that divided up the processing power of a computer so it could serve more than one person at once.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here