Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 19 August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Manipur CM launches “School Fagadaba” scheme for improve infrastructure in government schools
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh launched a scheme to improve infrastructure of government schools in the state.
- The scheme named “School Fagadaba” (Make education bettter).
- Aim-Scheme was to ensure better infrastructure, quality education and overall improvement of government schools to make them model schools.
Note –About Manipur
- Capital: Imphal
- Governor: Najma Heptulla
- Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
Banking and Financial
♦Reliance again becomes India’s most valued firm
- Reliance Industries (RIL) on 19 August raced past to become the country’s most valued firm by market valuation.
- At close of trade on Monday, RIL’s market capitalisation (m-cap) stood at Rs 8,19,073.62 crore, which is Rs 7,226.43 crore more than that of Tata Consultancy Services’ (TCS) m-cap of Rs 8,11,847.19 crore on the BSE.
♦Odisha to clear IOCL’s Rs 1 lakh crore investment
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited will invest Rs 1,00,300 crore in expanding its Paradip refinery capacity from 15 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) to 25 mtpa and setting up a naphtha cracker unit.
- A high-level committee, under Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will be clearing IOCL’s expansion proposal on 19 August 2019.
Note- About IOCL
- Founded: 12 September 1947
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Owner: Government of India
♦Ravinder Takkar appointed as the new MD and CEO of Vodafone Idea after Balesh Sharma steps down
- Balesh Sharma, chief executive officer of Vodafone Idea, has stepped down from his position citing personal reasons.
- Ravinder Takkar, currently Vodafone Group’s representative in India, will be appointed as the new MD and CEO.
♦Madhur Deora appoint next president of Paytm
- Paytm has elevated its CFO Madhu Deora as President of the company on 19 August.
- Madhur joined the digital payment firm in October 2016. Earlier, Deora has served as Managing Director in Citigroup’s investment banking business in New York, London and Mumbai.
♦Indian Naval Ship Tarkash reach at Cadiz, Spain
- Indian Navy’s overseas deployment to Africa, Europe and Russia, Indian Naval Ship Tarkash made a port call at Cadiz, Spain on 19 Aug 2019 for a three days visit.
- India’s warm ties with Spain and its commitment to enhance operational reach, maritime security and its solidarity with friendly nations.
- INS Tarkash had participated in bilateral exercise KONKAN-19 with Royal Navy ship HMS Defender prior entering Cadiz harbour.
Note- About Spain
- Capital: Madrid
- Currency: Euro
- Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez
♦19 August- World Humanitarian Day
- The day is commemorated each year on 19 August, the date back in 2003 when the UN headquarters in
- This year’s focus salutes the efforts of women humanitarian workers across the world who rally to people in need and are often the first to respond and the last to leave.
- Theme 2019-‘Women Humanitarians’
♦19 August- World Photography Day
- Pictures speak a thousand words and clicking pictures of wildlife is no easy feat. Wildlife photography is an underrated art and skill. The patience needed to wait for the right shot.
♦Former Bihar CM Jagannath Mishra passes away
- Former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra has passed away after a prolonged illness. He was 82.
- Jagannath Mishra was three-time chief minister of Bihar. (first term 11 April 1975 – 30 April 1977, second term 8 June 1980 – 14 August 1983, third term 6 December 1989 – 10 March 1990)
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|