Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 19th July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Sri Lanka signs agreement with India to upgrade railway lines
- Sri Lanka has signed an agreement with India to upgrade tracks in a key railway segment connecting the north and south at a cost of $ 91.26 million.
- This is the first time in 100 years that the 130 km-long-tracks, running from Maho town in the North Western Province to Omanthai in the Northern Province, are being upgraded. The initiative seeks to double the speed potential of the track from the current 60 km/hour to 120 km/hour, reduce maintenance costs and potentially improve travel comfort of passengers, according to a press release from the Indian High Commission here.
- The contract agreement for concessional financing was signed in Colombo on July 18 between the Government of Sri Lanka and IRCON International Ltd., represented respectively by Arjuna Ranatunga, Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation, and Sunil Kumar Choudhury, Chairman & Managing Director, IRCON.
Note- About Sri Lanka
- Capitals: Colombo
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- PM- Maithripala sirisena
Banking and Financial
♦Jalan panel to recommend transfer of surplus RBI reserves to govt in tranches
- The Bimal Jalan panel that was set up to review the economic capital framework of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to recommend transfer of surplus reserves to the government in a staggered manner over three-five years based on a predetermined formula.
- “We have finalized the report. It will be submitted in 10-15 days to the RBI after editing,” an official of the panel said on condition of anonymity. The panel had its last meeting on 17th July.
- The transfer of surplus capital may help the government meet its fiscal deficit target at a time when finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman has narrowed the budget deficit target for the current fiscal to 3.3% of gross domestic product in July from 3.4% set in February’s interim budget. Sitharaman has budgeted to receive ₹1.06 trillion this fiscal from RBI through dividends.
♦World Bank backs out of Amaravati project
- The Andhra Pradesh government suffered a major setback in the development of Amaravati with the World Bank (WB) purportedly backing out of Amaravati Sustainable Infrastructure and Institutional Development Project (ASIIDP) to which it had committed to lend $300 million, a few days before the bank’s inspection panel is scheduled to submit its report.
- The total project cost is $715 million. The project status is shown as “dropped” on the bank’s website.
- The withdrawal of its commitment by the World Bank to ASIIDP came at a time when an expert committee formed by the government is in the process of reviewing major projects, including those awarded in the capital city.
Note- About World Bank
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Membership: 189 countries (IBRD); 173 countries (IDA)
♦Sachin Tendulkar, Allan Donald inducted into ICC’s Hall of Fame
- Indian batting icon Sachin Tendulkar has been inducted into the International Cricket Council’s Hall of Fame alongside South African pace legend Allan Donald.
- Joining Tendulkar and Donald in the Hall of Fame was two-time World Cup–winning Australian woman cricketer Cathryn Fitzpatrick.
- “It’s a huge honour for me,” Tendulkar said at the induction ceremony held here on Sunday night.
- The 46-year-old former right-hand batsman is regarded the greatest to have played the game along with Sir Donald Bradman and remains the top run-accumulator in both Tests and ODIs.
- Other Indians on the list are Bishan Singh Bedi, Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid.
Note- About ICC
- Chairperson: Shashank Manohar
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- CEO: Manu Sawhney
- Founded: 15 June 1909
♦Narayana Murthy awarded honorary doctorate from University of London college
- Narayan Murthy, the founder of information technology services company Infosys, was awarded an honorary degree of Doctor of Science by the Royal Holloway college, University of London today. He was awarded the degree for his “outstanding contribution to the field of computer science and the role model he represents in India and on the global stage”, said the college in a press release. The doctorate was awarded to Murthy at the college’s campus in Egham, Surrey, at the same time the college’s campus in Egham, Surrey, at the same time the college’s computer science students graduated.
♦Vivek Kumar, new Private Secretary to PM
- Vivek Kumar, a 2004 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed as Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He is currently director, Prime Minister’s Office (PM0).
- Mr. Kumar replaces Sanjeev Kumar Singla, who is slated to take over as India’s Ambassador to Israel.
- Mr Singla, a 1997 batch IFS officer, was appointed PS to Mr. Modi in 2014. He had returned home to serve in the PMO after a posting in the Indian Embassy in Tel Aviv. He is now going there as the ambassador.
♦Sanjivani Yadav handed two-year suspension for doping violation
- India’s long-distance runner Sanjivani Yadav has been handed a two-year suspension by the IAAF’s Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) for a doping violation. The 23-year-old won the 10,000m bronze at the 2019 Asian Championships and 5000m bronze in the 2017 edition.
- In the order issued, the AIU, the international federation’s body for combating doping, said the athlete admitted to her first violation resulting in disqualification all past results since June 29, 2018. The suspension period also commenced from June 29, 2018.
♦ICC suspends Zimbabwe Cricket with immediate effect
- The International Cricket Council, ICC has suspended Zimbabwe Cricket with immediate effect over violation of global body’s constitution which doesn’t allow any government intervention.
- The ICC has directed that the elected Zimbabwe Cricket Board be reinstated to the office within three months and progress in this respect will be considered again at the October Board meeting.
- ICC Chairman Shashank Manohar said what has happened in Zimbabwe is a serious breach of the ICC Constitution and they cannot allow it to continue unchecked.
- The Croatia, Morocco and Zambia Cricket Union have both also been suspended for continuing to be non-compliant.
Note- About Zimbabwe
- Capital: Harare
- President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
Book and Author
♦Author Rachna Bisht Rawats new book titled Kargil: Untold stories from the War released
- The 20th anniversary of the Kargil War a new book titled, “Kargil: Untold stories from the War” authored by Rachna Bisht Rawat released in New Delhi.
- The book is based on Rawat’s interviews with war survivors and martyrs’ families, take the readers to the treacherous Himalayan mountains.
- The war lasted for nearly three months, initiated in May of 1999 in an effort to displace Pakistani soldiers from the peaks they had occupied on the Indian side of the Line of Control (LoC).
♦INS Sagardhwani embarks on mission Sagar Maitri
- INS Sagardhwani on Thursday embarked on mission Sagar Maitri here.
- The Marine Acoustic Research Ship was flagged off by Southern Naval commander Vice Admiral A.K. Chawla and Defence Research and Development Organisation chairman G. Satheesh Reddy.
- The primary objective of the mission is data collection from the entire North Indian ocean, focusing on the Andaman Sea and adjoining seas and establishing long term collaboration with Indian Ocean Ring countries in the field of ‘Ocean Research and Development’.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|