Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 2 September 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ India hosts COP14 to Combat Desertification
- Fight the menace of desertification, India, for the first time, is hosting the UN Convention to Combat Desertification or UNCCD from September 2 in Greater Noida.
- The participants include ministers from 196 countries, representatives of national and local governments, city leaders, community groups, scientists, non-governmental organisations, the private sector and industry experts and they will present and share their expertise and give an overview to achieve the goals at the 12-day Conference.
- Reason: Desertification is a worldwide problem directly affecting 250 million people and a third of the earth’s land surface. To fight this menace, India will convert degraded land of nearly 50 lakh hectares to fertile land in next 10 years.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Indonesia to move capital from Jakarta to East Kalimantan
- Indonesia’s president Joko Widodo announced on 2 September that the country’s capital will move from overcrowded, sinking and polluted Jakarta to a site in sparsely populated East Kalimantan province on Borneo island, known for rainforests and orangutans.
♦ Bangladesh signs agreement with India’s Reliance Power for gas-based power Plant
- The government of Bangladesh on 1st September signed an agreement with Reliance Power of India to set up 750 MW gas-based power plant in Meghnahat near Dhaka.
- The construction of the plant will be completed by 2022.
- An MoU has also been signed with Petro Bangla to set up 500 mmscfd LNG terminal at Kutubdia Island near Chittagong in Bangladesh
- The estimated cost of the projects is approximately 1 billion dollar.
- Note: About Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
Banking and Financial
♦ DBS has revised India’s real GDP growth forecast downwards financial year 2020, 6.2 per cent from 6.8 per cent
- Singapore’s banking group DBS has revised India’s real GDP growth forecast downwards for the current financial year to 6.2 per cent from 6.8 per cent projected earlier.
- Expecting the trajectory to improve in FY21, the growth is likely to close in on 7 per cent with a 6.8 per cent growth pace.
- Note: About DBS
- Headquarters: Singapore
- CEO: Piyush Gupta
♦ SBI to launch RuPay credit card
- State Bank of India (SBI) Card will soon launch RuPay credit cards, a development which will give a boost to the homegrown payment network in the fast growing segment.
- RuPay is the first-of-its-kind domestic debit and credit card payment network of India developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- As of now, RuPay cards are accepted only in a few countries, Singapore, Bhutan, UAE, Maldives and Bahrain.
♦ Core sector growth slows to 2.1% in July compared to 7.3% last year
- Growth of eight core industries dropped to 1 per cent in July, mainly due to contraction in coal, crude oil and natural gas production, according to a government data released.
- The eight core sector industries — coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertiliser, steel, cement and electricity — had expanded by 7.3 per cent in July last year.
- The growth rate of these eight sectors are declining since April this year. It slowed down to 5.2 per cent in April from 5.8 per cent. Then it came down to 4.3 per cent in May and 0.7 per cent in June.
♦ Belgian Grand Prix: Charles Leclerc first F1 race won
- Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc finally took his maiden Formula 1 victory after holding off Lewis Hamilton’s Mercedes to win the Belgian Grand Prix.
- Leclerc dedicated the win to Formula 2 driver Anthoine Hubert, who was killed in a crash on 31st August.
♦ ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup, Day 4: Yashaswini bags gold, wins Olympic quota place
- Shooter Yashaswini Deswal has won gold medal in women’s 10m Air Pistol at the ISSF World Cup in Rio de Janeiro. The 22-year-old has also become the 9th Indian shooter to secure a Tokyo 2020 Olympics quota.
- In an exciting match, the young shooter has stunned the former Olympic and World Champion Olena Kostevych of Ukraine.
♦ World Coconut Day – September 2
- You can’t make a piña colada or a decent Thai curry without it, its water makes a great recovery drink, and its fibrous husk, when burned, repels mosquitos — these are just three of many excellent reasons to celebrate World Coconut Day on September 2.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here