Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 24 September 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates India Water Week, 2019 in New Delhi
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the India Water week 2019 in New Delhi.
- The theme of the event is “Water Cooperation – Coping with 21st Century Challenges. Speaking on the occasion, the President said that over 40 percent area of the world is facing an acute water shortage.
- It has become a challenge for governments to provide safe drinking water to people.
- The President lauded the Modi government for setting the target of providing drinking water to all villages across the country by the year 2024.
Banking and Financial
♦Airtel, Bharti AXA Life tie up to offer pre-paid plan with term cover
- Bharti Airtel has tied up with Bharti AXA Life Insurance to offer pre-paid plan with insurance protection cover for its customers, as part of its strategy to leverage the deep penetration of mobile services to build a financially secure India.
- Benefit: Airtel has come up with an innovative ₹599 pre-paid bundle with 2GB data/day, unlimited calls to any network and 100 SMS/day, and also offers ₹4 lakh life insurance cover from Bharti AXA Life Insurance. The recharge comes with a validity of 84 days, and the insurance cover continues automatically for three months with every recharge.
♦SBI launches mobile app YONO in UK
- State Bank of India (SBI) has launched its digital banking app YONO in the UK, marking its global launch. SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar unveiled the app at an exclusive event hosted in coordination with the UK India Business Council (UKIBC) in London on 23rd September. “YONO SBI UK is one of the highlights of SBI’s technological capabilities.
- About YONO App: YONO (You Only Need One) is an integrated digital banking platform offered by State Bank of India (SBI) to enable users to access a variety of financial and other services such as taxi bookings, online shopping, or medical bill payments. YONO is offered as a smartphone app for both Android and iOS.
♦RBI approves reappointment of Shyam Srinivasan as Federal Bank CEO
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the re-appointment of Shyam Srinivasan as the Managing Director and CEO of Federal Bank for another year, giving him a full decade as the head of the private sector lender.
- His re-appointment is with effect from September 23 this year until September 22, 2020.
- Srinivasan took charge as the Managing Director and CEO of Federal Bank on September 23, 2010. He was re-appointed as the MD and CEO of the bank for a three-year period from September 23, 2016, to September 22, 2019, on the completion of his second term.
Note: About Federal Bank
- Headquarters: Aluva
- CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
- Founder: K.P Hormis
- Tagline-Your Perfect Banking Partner
♦Amitabh Bachchan selected for Dadasaheb Phalke award
- Superstar Amitabh Bachchan, on September 24, was unanimously selected for the Dadasaheb Phalke award.
- Dadasaheb Phalke is considered to be a pioneer of India cinema, and is popularly called the Father of Indian Cinema. Phalke is credited with making the first Indian feature film, called ‘Raja Harishachandra’.
- The award was introduced by the government in 1969 to recognise the contribution of film personalities towards the development of Indian cinema.
♦Messi, Rapinoe won FIFA Player of the Year awards
- Lionel Messi won the FIFA Men’s Player of the Year award on 23 September with Megan Rapinoe bagging the women’s prize to cap a historic year for the United States’ World Cup icon.
- Messi beat Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk and five-time winner Cristiano Ronaldo to bag the award.
- Messi best FIFA player of the year award for record 6th time.
Note: About FIFA
- President: Gianni Infantino Trending
- Founded at: Paris, France
- Membership: 211 national associations
- Secretary General: Fatma Samoura
- Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
♦India-US Tri-Services ”Exercise Tiger Triumph” To Be Held In November
- India and the United States are set to hold their first tri-services exercise code-named “Tiger Triumph” at Visakhapatnam and Kakinada in November this year.
- For the first time, the US and India will be holding the tri-service military exercise. India earlier conducted such tri-service exercise with Russia.
♦ISRO initiates ‘Project NETRA’ to safeguard Indian space assets from debris
- In the middle of its two-month Chandrayaan-2 campaign, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) last month quietly initiated ‘Project NETRA’ – an early warning system in space to detect debris and other hazards to Indian satellites.
- The project estimated to cost ₹400 crore, when in place, will give India its own capability in space situational awareness (SSA) like the other space powers — which is used to ‘predict’ threats from debris to Indian satellites.
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here