Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 27 & 28 July 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Railway’s first printing press heritage gallery opened
- The Western Railway (WR) has thrown open to public the first printing press heritage gallery of the Indian Railways at Mahalaxmi here.
- “Western Railway has opened the first of its kind printing press heritage gallery at Mahalaxmi in Mumbai. This unique heritage gallery was inaugurated by V P Pathak, member (Materials Management) of the Railway Board during his recent visit to Mumbai,” a statement issued by Ravinder Bhakar, chief public relations officer of the WR.
Note- About Western Railway
- Headquarters: Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Locale: Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh
♦Govt inks MoU with industry body to streamline deliver of services under Ayushman Bharat
- To streamline deliver of services under the Centre’s flagship healthcare scheme Ayushman Bharat, its implementing agency inked an MoU with industry body NATHEALTH on Thursday.
- The partnership between National Health Authority (NHA) and the Healthcare Federation of India (NATHEALTH) aims to streamline all innovations ensuring that it increases the efficacy of service delivery of Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- The collaboration provides an industry interface for testing innovations, providing mentorship and creating channels for facilitating support required for scaling these innovations. This will bolster NHA’s effectiveness in implementing its innovation strategy, which is aligned with the its vision of ‘Health for All’, its CEO Indu Bhushan said.
♦Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury appointed as chairman of the Public Accounts Committee
- Leader of the Congress party in the Lok Sabha, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, was on Thursday appointed as the chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC). Chowdhury is the lone member of the party in the PAC from the House.
- The appointment was made by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla. The PAC has 15 members from the Lok Sabha and seven from Rajya Sabha.
- Nine of the 15 Lok Sabha members in the committee — Jayant Sinha, Ajay (Teni) Misra, Satya Pal Singh, Subhash Chandra Baheria, Sudheer Gupta, Darshana Vikram Jardosh, Vishnu Dayal Ram, Jagadambika Pal and Ram Kripal Yadav — are from the BJP.
- The other members include T R Baalu (DMK), Rahul Ramesh Shewale (Shiv Sena), Rajiv Ranjan Singh (JD-U) and Balashowry Vallabbhaneni (YSR Congress Party) and Bhartruhari Mahtab (BJD).
- The members appointed from Rajya Sabha in PAC are Rajeev Chandrasekhar, M. V. Rajeev Gowda, Naresh Gujral, Bhubaneswar Kalita, C. M. Ramesh, Sukendu Sekhar Ray and Bhupender Yadav.
- Birla who also named chairpersons of the Committee on Public Undertakings, Estimates Committee and Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
♦Sunil Kumar given additional charge as MTNL chairman
- State-owned MTNL on Thursday said its director Sunil Kumar has been given additional charge of chairman and managing director of the company. Kumar is currently Director (Human Resources and Enterprise Business) at MTNL and takes over from P K Purwar who was recently appointed chairman and managing Director of BSNL.
Note- About MTNL
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director- Sunil Kumar
♦Sudarsan Pattnaik wins People’s Choice Award in U.S.
- International sand artist, Padmashri Sudarsan Pattnaik won People’s Choice Prize at Boston International Sand Art championship in the US.
- Pattnaik was among the 15 top sand artists selected from across the world to participate in the 2019 Revere Beach International Sand Sculpting Festival in Boston.
- Representing India at the festival, Patnaik bagged the award for his sand art on plastic pollution with the message ‘Stop Plastic Pollution, Save Our Ocean’.
♦Khelo India Youth Games to be held in Guwahati next year
- The third edition of Khelo India Youth Games will be held in Guwahati next year.
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced the decision on his official Twitter handle on Sunday.
- He said the Games to be held from 18th January next year, will see participation of more than 10,000 athletes and officials.
- It will be conducted in partnership with Indian Olympic Association, School Games Federation of India and Assam as host State.
- The inaugural edition was held in New Delhi, while Pune hosted the second one this year.
Note – About Assam
- Capital: Dispur
- Literacy (2011): 72.19%
- Sex ratio (2011): 958 F/1000 M
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
♦Mary Kom wins gold in President’s Cup
- Six-time world champion MC Mary Kom claimed the gold medal in the 23rd President’s Cup, asserting her supremacy in a lop-sided 51kg bout final in Labuan Bajo, Indonesia on Sunday.
- The Olympic bronze medallist pugilist decimated Australian April Franks 5-0.The 36-year-old Indian had also won a gold medal at the India Open boxing tournament in May.
- Mary Kom, who claimed her sixth world title last year in Delhi, will be looking to qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in the World Championships in Yekaterinburg, Russia.
- The 2019 World Boxing Championships for women will be held from September 7 to 21.
♦BYJU’s replaces OPPO as Indian cricket team’s official sponsor
- India’s leading education and learning app BYJU’S (Think and Learn Private Limited) has been named as the new official Team India sponsor until March 2022.
- BYJU’S will be taking over all the associated sponsor rights of the current team sponsor OPPO mobiles India private limited (OPPO).
- BYJU’S will now be seen on the Indian Team Jersey from the September 2019 – South Africa Home series onwards.
♦Max Verstappen wins German Grand Prix
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen took his second win of the year in a chaotic and incident-strewn German Grand Prix held in intermittent rain.
- The Dutchman led a topsy-turvy result in which Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel took second from the back of the grid and Toro Rosso’s Daniil Kvyat was third.
- Lewis Hamilton had a day to forget, finishing 11th after two mistakes.
- But the Briton did not lose any ground to team-mate Valtteri Bottas in the championship after the Finn crashed.
Note- About Germany
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
♦INS Tarkash arrives at St. Petersburg, will take part in Russian Navy Day parade
- INS Tarkash was received warmly at St. Petersburg on Thursday where it will take part in the Russian Navy Day parade.
- The frigate was welcomed by a Russian naval band and will now participate in the celebrations scheduled for Sunday.
- According to Russian news agency TASS, more than 40 ships will take part in the naval parade with participation also from 40 planes and helicopters. A total of 4,000 servicemen will also be part of the celebrations.
Note- About Russia
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian ruble
- President: Vladimir Putin
♦CRPF celebrates 81st raising day today
- Central Reserve Police Force, CRPF, today paid tributes to those who laid down their lives for the nation, at the National Police Memorial in New Delhi on the occasion of its 81st Raising Day.
- Minister of State for Home Nityananda Rai offered floral tributes at the Memorial.
- Speaking on the occasion, Rai said CRPF lives and dies for the country. He underlined the fact that CRPF leaves no stone unturned in winning the hearts of those who have turned against the nation to get them into mainstream before coming down heavily on anti-national elements.
- The Minister expressed hope that in the period ahead, Jammu and Kashmir will be free from the scourge of terrorism.
Note- About CRPF
- Founded: 27 July 1939
- Motto: “सेवा और निष्ठा“
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chief- Rajeev Rai bhatnagar Founded: 27 July 1939
Book and Author
♦VP Venkaiah Naidu releases book titled ‘New-Age Technology and Industrial Revolution 4.0’
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu released titled ‘New-Age Technology and Industrial Revolution 4.0’ book written by Rajya Sabha Member, Narendra Jadhav on Thursday. He congratulated him for giving the Book which is of great contemporary relevance.
- This book examines and elaborates on various dimensions of the so-called Industrial Revolution 4.0.
♦World Hepatitis Day 2019
- WHO will release new estimates for additional investments needed to achieve globally agreed hepatitis elimination goals by 2030, in the context of the universal health coverage. The host country for World Hepatitis Day 2019 is Pakistan. The global events will be held in Islamabad, Pakistan on 27-28 July 2019.
- Theme 2019- “Invest in eliminating hepatitis”
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here