Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 29 & 30 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Finance Minister Releases Commemorative Coin on Paramahansa Yogananda to Mark his 125th Birth Anniversary
- The Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman released a special commemorative coin on Paramahansa Yogananda to mark his 125th birth anniversary on 29th October.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Finance Minister said this moment is big honour for her. She said that the Paramahansa Yogananda was great son of India, who became so recognised globally.
- About Paramahansa Yogananda : Indian monk, yogi and guru who introduced millions to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his organization Self-Realization Fellowship (SRF) / Yogoda Satsanga Society (YSS) of India.
♦ Ministry of Railways signs Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian School of Business (ISB)
- Ministry of Railways and the Indian School of Business (ISB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a strategic partnership.
- The comprehensive MoU covers several aspects including executive education programs, developing research opportunities, developing case studies and pedagogical materials, and creating of a future-ready leadership pool for the Indian Railways.
♦ India to adopt Brazil model of human milk bank
- The Centre has set a target of ensuring at least 70 per cent infants to have access to breast milk by the year 2025. The Target will subsequently be increased to 100 per cent. India has taken inspiration from Brazil’s success in the field of human milk bank decided to adopt a similar model in creating a wide network of human milk banks.
Note: About Brazil
- President: Jair Bolsonaro
- Capital: Brasilia
- Currency: Brazilian real
♦ Odisha govt inks LoU for ‘drink from tap mission’ with UNICEF
- In a bid to provide quality drinking water to every urban household in the state, Odisha has inked a Letter of Understanding (LoU) on “drink from tap mission” with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said, “Investment in water is an investment in health, investment in health is an investment in future. Providing quality drinking water to every household in the state is one of the top priorities of the government”.
Note: About UNICEF
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore
- Founded: 11 December 1946
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Pakistan issues commemorative coin to mark Guru Nanak’s 550th anniversary
- Pakistan on October 30 issued a commemorative coin to mark Guru Nanak’s 550th birth anniversary in November.
- In a Facebook post, Prime Minister Imran Khan shared a picture of the coin.
- “Pakistan issues commemorative coin to mark the 550th anniversary of Guru Nanak Devji.
Note: About Pakistan
- Prime minister: Imran Khan
- Capital: Islamabad
- Currency: Pakistani rupee
♦ Argentina election: Alberto Fernández wins presidency
- Alberto Fernández got more than the 45% of the vote needed to win, beating conservative incumbent Mauricio Macri.
- Raucous crowds gathered at Mr Fernández’s election headquarters to celebrate the result of Sunday’s poll.
- The vote was held amid an economic crisis that has left a third of Argentina’s population in poverty.
Note: About Argentina
- President: Alberto Fernández
- Capital: Buenos Aires
- Currency: Argentine peso
♦ Mozambique: President Filipe Nyusi re-elected in landslide victory
- Mozambique’s President Filipe Nyusi has been re-elected after a landslide victory, official results announced on 28th October confirmed.
- The elections took place earlier this month and announcement revealed Nyusi won with 73% of the vote.
Note: About Mozambique
- Capital: Maputo
- Currency: Mozambican metical
♦ Sophie Wilmès, Belgium’s first woman prime minister
- Belgium’s king has appointed Sophie Wilmes as the country’s new prime minister, making her the first woman to hold the office.
- Belgium has not had a full federal government since Mr Michel’s coalition collapsed in December 2018. The outgoing prime minister now is moving to be president of the European Council, replacing Donald Tusk.
Note: About Belgium
- Prime minister: Sophie Wilmès
- Capital: Brussels
- Currency: Euro
Banking and Financial
♦ RBI imposes Rs 1 crore penalty on Bandhan Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 29th October said it has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore on Bandhan Bank for non-compliance with the guidelines on promoter holding.
- The bank was required to bring down the shareholding of its non-operative financial holding company in the bank in excess of 40 per cent of the total paid-up equity capital to 40 per cent within three years from the date of commencement of business of the bank.
Note: About Bandhan Bank
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
♦ Govt sets up panel of secretaries to help ease stress in telecom sector
- The government has set up a committee of secretaries (CoS) under Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba to suggest measures to mitigate the financial stress in the telecom sector, which is looking at a payout of Rs 1.33 trillion to clear statutory dues.
- it will consider issues such as deferment of spectrum auction for two years and reduction in spectrum usage charges, and take a relook at the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) charges.
♦ Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde appointed as 47th CJI
- Justice Bobde will take oath as the CJI on November 18th, a day after incumbent Ranjan Gogoi demits office. He will have a tenure of 17 months and would demit office on April 23rd, 2021.
- His Warrant of Appointment was signed by President Ram Nath Kovind following which the Law Ministry issued a notification announcing Justice Bobde’s appointment as the next head of the Indian judiciary.
♦ Dattatray Padsalgikar, ex-police chief of Mumbai, is new deputy NSA
- Former Mumbai Police Commissioner and Maharashtra DGP Dattatray Padsalgikar, was appointed as Deputy National Security Advisor (NSA) on 29th
- The 1982-batch officer served in the Intelligence Bureau before he was picked by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis as the Mumbai Police Commissioner in 2016.
♦ ICC suspends Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan for two years
- Bangladesh captain and star all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan was on 29th October handed a two-year suspension by the ICC for failing to report three corrupt approaches, including one at the IPL, by a suspected Indian bookie, ousting him from the upcoming tour of India.
- Twelve months of that ban is a suspended sentence which will come into effect if Shakib fails to comply with the anti-corruption code of the world body.
Note: About ICC
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Chairperson: Shashank Manohar
- CEO: Manu Sawhney
- Founded: 15 June 1909
♦ India’s first ever day-night Test to be against Bangladesh in Kolkata
- The Indian cricket team will play its first-ever Day/Night Test match here against Bangladesh next month, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly told PTI on 29th October, taking a path-breaking decision within a week into his nine-month tenure.
- The Test is scheduled to be held at the Eden Gardens from November 22-26 and will be the second game of a two-match series.
♦ Pranjal Srivastava is India’s youngest gold medalist at International Maths Olympiad
- At 15, Bengaluru’s Pranjal Srivastava has bought home a gold medal in the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) after seven years. He is also the youngest Indian ever to bag gold in one of the toughest competitions across the globe.
- Considering the subject a ‘fun activity’, Pranjal has been participating in math competitions since class 3.
♦ 29th October: World Stroke Day 2019
- World Stroke Day is observed every year on October 29. It was started as the annual event in 2006 by World Stroke Organisation to raise awareness regarding the prevention and treatment of this serious condition. The idea behind celebrating this day is also to ensure better care and support for the survivors. In India, former cricketer Sunil Gavaskar has been World Stroke campaign’s goodwill ambassador.
- Theme 2019: dedicated to risks and prevention of stroke
♦ 29th October: International Internet Day 2019
- International Internet Day is celebrated worldwide, every year on 29th of October. Since the year 2005 the International Internet Day has been famously celebrated to commemorate a momentous day in the history of telecommunications and technology.
♦ Actor Mano dies in road accident
- In the incident that took place on Deepavali, actor Mano, a film actor and television compere, died in a road accident on Deepavali evening. According to police, Mano was one of the main characters in the movie Puzhal and has acted in a few other movies and was a theatre artist as well.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|