Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 3 October 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Palestine issues commemorative stamp to honour Gandhi on 150th birth anniversary
- Palestine on 2nd Octorber released a commemorative postage stamp on Mahatma Gandhi, honouring his “legacy and values”, to mark the 150 birth anniversary of the world leader on October 2.
- Palestinian Authority’s (PA) Minister of Telecommunication and Information Technology Ishaaq Seder released the stamp in the presence of Representative of India in PA Sunil Kumar at a ceremony held at the ministry here.
Note: About Palestine
- Capitals: Ramallah, East Jerusalem
- Prime minister: Mohammad Shtayyeh
- President: Mahmoud Abbas
- Currency: Palestine Pound
Banking & Financial
♦Bank of Baroda signs MoU with Indian Army for new, customised banking experience
- Bank of Baroda, the country’s third largest public sector bank, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Army. Through this MoU, the bank has assured a new and customised banking experience for both serving and retired personnel of Indian Army.
- Benefit: Free personal accident insurance cover (death and permanent total disability); free air accident insurance cover of Rs 15 lakhs to Rs 50 lakhs and overdraft facility up to three times of monthly net salary. The features are also applicable for pensioners of Indian Army up to the age of 70 years.
♦S&P cuts India’s growth forecast to 6.3% for FY20
- S&P Global Ratings on 2nd October lowered India’s Gross Domestic Products (GDP) forecast to 6.3 per cent for the current financial year from 7.1 per cent projected earlier, amid decline in private consumption. The agency, however, expects the Indian economy to recover in 2020-21 to 7 per cent.
Appointment & Resign
♦Mallikarjuna Rao appointed Punjab National Bank’s new MD
- S S Mallikarjuna Rao has been appointed the new Managing Director of Punjab National Bank, the country’s second largest public sector bank.
- Rao, who was the Managing Director & CEO of Allahabad Bank, will be at the helm of PNB till September 18, 2021.
♦Kapil Dev resigns as BCCI Cricket Advisory Committee chief
- World Cup-winning former India captain Kapil Dev is the latest to quit Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Cricket Advisory Committee.
- Kapil Dev resigned as the chief of the CAC days after Shanta Rangaswamy stepped down from the 3-member committee. Kapil did not reveal the reason for his resignation but wrote an email to the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA), informing them about his decision.
- Kapil Dev was appointed the chief of the ad-hoc committee former in July 2019.
♦Tata Communications names Amur Lakshminarayanan as Managing Director and Group CEO
- Digital infrastructure provider, Tata Communications has named Amur S Lakshminarayanan as Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer designate of the company.
- “As MD and CEO Designate, Lakshminarayanan will advise the interim management committee of Tata Communications. Upon receipt of necessary regulatory approvals, the Board of Tata Communications will subsequently appoint Lakshminarayanan as the MD and CEO of Tata Communications.
♦Most effective Swachchta Ambassador Award to Sachin Tendulkar
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, graced and addressed the India Today Safaigiri Summit and presented the most effective Swachchta Ambassador award to Shri Sachin Tendulkar in New Delhi on October 2,2019 on the occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
♦Kyrgyz human rights lawyer wins UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award
- A lawyer whose work has supported the efforts of the Kyrgyz Republic in becoming the first country in the world to end statelessness has been selected as the 2019 winner of the UN Refugee Agency’s Nansen Refugee Award.
- Reason: Azizbek Ashurov, through his organization Ferghana Valley Lawyers Without Borders (FVLWB), has helped well over 10,000 people to gain Kyrgyz nationality after they became stateless following the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Among them, some 2,000 children will now have the right to an education and a future with the freedom to travel, marry and work.
Note: About UNHCR
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Head: Filippo Grandi
- Founder: United Nations
- Founded: 14 December 1950
♦India Kazakhistan Joint Military Exercise KAZIND -2019 03 oct -15 oct 2019
- The 4th edition of annual military exercise KAZIND 2019 between India and Kazakhstan army commenced at Pithoragarh.
- Aims: exercise is joint training of troops in Counter Insurgency/ Counter Terrorism operations in both Jungle and Mountainous terrain. Exercise KAZIND 2019 can be termed as a facade of long standing strategic ties between India and Kazakhstan.
Note: About Kazakhstan
- Capital: Nur-Sultan
- Currency: Kazakhstani tenge
- President: Kassym-Jomart Tokayev
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here