Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates :4 & 5August 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Government Revokes Article 370
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday proposed to scrap Article 370 of the Constitution which gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir and said the state will be split into two Union Territories: Jammu and Kashmir with an Assembly and Ladakh without one.
- With this reform, India now has 28 states and 9 union territories.
- Read More about this Click here
Banking and Financial
♦RBI imposes penalty of Rs 8.5 crore on 11 banks
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has by an order dated July 31 imposed monetary penalty on eleven banks for non-compliance with certain provisions frauds classification and reporting by commercial banks and select financial institutions.
- The banks on which penalties are imposed are Bank of Baroda, Corporation Bank, Federal Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Jammu & Kashmir Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab & Sind Bank, Punjab National Bank, State Bank of India, UCO Bank and United Bank of India.
|Banks||Penalty Amount (In Crore)|
|Indian Overseas Bank||1cr.|
|Oriented bank of commerce||1.5cr.|
|Punjab & Sind bank||1cr.|
|United bank of India||1cr.|
♦Karnataka Bank inks pact for MF business
- Karnataka Bank has entered into an agreement with fintech company Finwizard Technology (known as ‘fisdom’) to offer wealth management products and services to customers, beginning with mutual funds, through the bank’s ‘KBL Mobile Plus’ app.
- The ‘KBL Mobile Plus’ app will offer enhanced interface to help customers navigate and choose the best-suited funds.
- Mahabaleshwara MS, MD and CEO of Karnataka Bank, said the tie-up with ‘fisdom’ will help the bank go beyond just branch-level engagement and make superior wealth management accessible to all.
Note –About Karnataka Bank
- Headquarters: Mangaluru
- CEO: Mahabaleshwara M S
- Tagline- “Your Family Bank Across India”.
♦Microsoft partners Apollo Hospitals to fight cardiovascular diseases
- Microsoft India and Apollo Hospitals Group have joined hands to set up a National Clinical Coordination Committee (NCCC), which will guide the two entities on all cardiology and cardiovascular related Artificial Intelligence projects.
- It will also provide clinical insights on developing clinical algorithms and treatment guidelines based on the inferences of national, multi-centre prospective study.
- “We are also engaging global consortium partners to scale the AI-powered API. We have already received the approval for a pilot study, and we hope that the findings will enable physicians to better understand the causes of CVDs in Indian population,” Anil Bhansali, Corporate Vice President, Cloud and Enterprise.
♦Myntra ex-chief Narayanan may check into Medlife as CEO
- Former Myntra-Jabong CEO Ananth Narayanan is finalising a move to epharmacy platform Medlife, more than six months after having exited the Walmart-owned fashion e-tailer, three people in the know said.
- Narayanan is learnt to be taking on the CEO role at Medlife and has also invested personal capital in the company run by the family behind pharmaceutical major Alkem Laboratories, sources privy to the development.
♦ONGC and IOC Appoint New directors
- State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) have got two new directors on their respective boards to replace ones superannuating.
- ONGC in a statement said Rajesh Kumar Srivastava has taken over as the new director (exploration), replacing A K Dwivedi who superannuated last week.
- Separately, IOC said Sandeep Kumar Gupta has taken over as the director (finance) of the company. He replaces A K Sharma who retired from service in May.
♦Aman Bhutani to join GoDaddy as CEO
- GoDaddy has appointed Aman Bhutani as the company’s new global CEO. Bhutani who was President of Brand Expedia Group takes over from Scott Wagner who is stepping down for health reasons.
- A BA in Economics graduate from Delhi University, Bhutani will take over from September 4th, 2019 joining the ranks of an increasing tribe of Indians who at the leading multinational firms.
♦Lewis Hamilton won HungaryF1
- Hamilton’s eighth win of the season puts a headlock on the championship after a tense race-long battle between the drivers and their strategists at the Mercedes and Red Bull teams.
- Hamilton came very close to pulling off a brave move for the lead around the outside of the 150mph Turn Four.
♦Thailand Open: Satwiksairaj, Chirag 1st Indian doubles pair to win Super 500 title
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty today became the first Indian pair to win a BWF Super 500 badminton tournament.
- They beat World champions Li Jun Hui and Liu Yu Chen of China in the summit clash of Thailand Open 21-19, 18-21, 21-18 in Bangkok to win the men’s doubles category.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here