Daily GK Update: 4 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Pune to host 108th Indian Science Congress in 2021
- Pune will host the 108th Indian Science Congress in January 2021, the Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) has announced. This will be the fourth time that the city will host the prestigious meet in the last 100 years.
- The event, set to be held at Symbiosis International University’s Lavale campus between January 3 and 7 next year, will be themed on ‘Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women Empowerment’ and focus on economic growth, environmental protection and social inclusion of all communities using science and technology.
Note: About List of Summit
- National Water Conference– Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal
- Global meet on climate change, ocean health– Kerala
- National Horticulture Fair 2020– Bengaluru
- Bio Asia 2020– Hyderabad
- 2020 Global Investors Summit– J&K
♦ National Chambal Sanctuary in MP as eco-sensitive zone
- The Centre on 1st March declared the National Chambal Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh, home to gangetic dolphins and 75 per cent population of critically endangered species gharial, as eco-sensitive zone (ESZ).
- “The central government hereby notifies an area to an extent of zero to two kilometres around the boundary of National Chambal Sanctuary in the state of Madhya Pradesh as the National Chambal Sanctuary Eco-sensitive Zone.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
- Chief minister: Kamal Nath
- Population: 7.33 crores (2012).
♦ India Pharma & India Medical Device 2020 Conference to be held in Gandhinagar
- The Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, in association with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry- FICCI is organising India Pharma 2020 & India Medical Device 2020 Conference & Exhibition at Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat from March 5-7, 2020.
- Theme of the event is “India Pharma: Meeting Challenges of Affordable and Quality Healthcare and India Medical Device: Promoting Affordable responsible and Quality Medical Device for Universal Health Care”
- Aims: Encourage innovations to further reduce the cost of quality healthcare for all and a platform to global investment community to connect with stakeholders in Medical Device Sector in India, Central and State Governments, leading business leaders and top executives from the industry ,academics and experts from the world.
♦ 68th All India Police Athletic Championship kick starts in Haryana
- 68th All India Police Athletic Championship-2019 began at Bhanu in Panchkula District of Haryana on 3rd Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju declared the meet open at Basic Training Centre of ITBP.
- Aims: Addressing the meet, Mr Rijiju said that with an aim to bring India in top 10 in the Olympics scheduled in 2028, the government has identified 15,000 plus children and started their training across 284 Sports Authority of India (SAI) training centres across the country.
♦ World Bank announces $12 billion to fight coronavirus
- The World Bank on 3rd March announced an initial $12 billion in immediate funds to assist countries grappling with the health and economic impacts of the coronavirus outbreak that has spread quickly from China to over 60 countries.
- World Bank President David Malpass said there were still “many unknowns” about the fast-spreading virus, and “much more” aid might be required.
Note: About World Bank
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Membership: 189 countries (IBRD); 173 countries (IDA)
- Founded: 1944
Banking and Financial
♦ RBL Bank, Zomato and Mastercard partner to launch co-branded credit cards
- Online food ordering and delivery app Zomato, on 2nd March, announced the launch of a co-branded credit card along with RBL, and Master Card, that will help the online food delivery platform further cement its position in India’s dining market by offering benefits such as Zomato credits on purchases, and increase the reach of its flagship membership program Zomato Gold.
♦ Paytm subsidiary gets IRDAI licence to sell insurance products
- Paytm Insurance Broking (PIBPL), a subsidiary of Paytm, has got a brokerage licence from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to sell life and non-life insurance products. It will offer insurance products across four categories: two-wheeler, four-wheeler, health and life.
- To get the brokerage licence, Paytm’s parent company One97 Communications had to surrender its “corporate agency” licence. Unlike brokers who are intermediaries between prospective customers and providers, a corporate agent sells policies on behalf of the insurance provider.
♦ Sudhanshu Pandey takes charge as new CMD of MMTC Ltd
- Additional Secretary at the Department of Commerce Sudhanshu Pandey has assumed additional charge as Chairman and Managing Director of MMTC Ltd, India’s largest trading company.
- Pandey is from Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and has experience of over 32 years in different senior positions in state governments, the Centre and the Indian embassy in Germany.
♦ Scientists from DRDO & IIT Delhi receive National Award or Young Women Showing Excellence through Application of Technology for Societal Benefits
- Dr Shweta Rawat from Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences (DIPAS), DRDO, Timarpur, Delhi has developed a female-specific Full Body Protector (प्रबला) to safeguard the Female troops deployed in riot control actions.
- Reason: This gear has been developed in collaboration with the Rapid Action Force using the ergonomic design principle based on anthropometric dimensions specific for female troops. The full Body Protector has unique properties, including anti-stab, anti-puncture, flame retardant and acid resistance. It is designed to assure greater comfort and flexibility to the women forces while deployed in law and order maintenance duties.
- Dr. Shalini Gupta, Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi,
- Reason: Successfully led the development of a technology SeptifloTM, which offers fast and affordable assay for point-of-care diagnosis and treatment of bacterial septicemia, one of the biggest in-hospital killers worldwide.
♦ Kovind confers 61st annual Lalit Kala Akademi awards
- President Ram Nath Kovind on 4th March conferred 61st annual Lalit Kala Akademi’s awards on 15 artistes at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The awardees include Anoop Kumar Manzukhi Gopi from Kerala, David Malakar from West Bengal, Hari Ram Kumbhawat from Rajasthan, Devendra Kumar Khare from Gujarat, Dinesh Pandya from Maharashtra, Mohan Kumar from Karnataka and Yashwant Singh from Delhi.
- Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel and the Akademi Chairman Dr. Uttam Pacharne were also present on the occasion
♦ 4th March: National Safety Day
- National Safety Day/Safety Week Campaign focuses on the importance of reduction of the rate of industrial accidents and also focuses on the areas that have not yet been covered by any safety legislation. The campaign urges several organisations to participate in developing several activities as per their legal safety requirements. The campaign is mostly comprehensive, general and flexible.
Note: List of Important Day (February)
- 2nd February-World Wetlands Day
- 4th February-World Cancer Day
- 6 February – International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- 10th February– World Pulses Day
- 11th February– International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- 13th February – “World Radio Day”
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here