Daily Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 5th June 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
Current Affairs (National)
♦Nirmala Sitharaman to attend G-20 Finance Ministers’ meeting in Japan
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will attend the two-day meeting of G-20 Finance Ministers and central bank governors in Japan beginning June 8, said a government official.
- This will be the first overseas visit of Sitharaman as the Finance Minister. She took charge as the first full-time woman Finance Minister of the country last week.
- Besides Sitharaman, RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das is also likely to attend the meeting at Fukuoka in Japan.
Chairperson: Shinzō Abe
Founder: Group of Seven
Founded: 26 September 1999
♦India ranks 95 among 129 countries in global gender equality index
- India ranked 95th out of 129 countries in a new index that measures global gender equality looking at aspects such as poverty, health, education, literacy, political representation and equality at the workplace.
- Denmark was ranked at the first place and Chad at 129th place. China ranked at 74 position, Pakistan at 113 while Nepal and Bangladesh at 102 and 110 respectively, the index said.
Current Affairs (International)
♦Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) summit held at Mecca
- The 14th summit of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) held in Mecca, Saudi Arabia was hosted by Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud. The official agenda of the meeting was to address current issues in the Muslim world and recent developments in a number of OIC member states.
- Also, amid soaring tension between Iran and the US and its Gulf allies the OIC summit discussed the regional security issues. The Mecca summit supported Palestinians and backed Saudis in Iran standoff.
Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC):
Headquarters: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Membership: 57 member states
Banking and Finance
♦L&T Financial unveils ‘Digital Sakhi’ programme in Tamil Nadu
- Larsen and Toubro Financial Services unveiled the Digital Sakhi programme aimed at training over 40,000 people on digital financial inclusion in Tamil Nadu. The move comes in the backdrop of successful implementation of a similar programme in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- According to a company statement, through the ‘Digital Sakhi’ programme, it aims at digital financial inclusion of rural women in Villupuram in Tamil Nadu. “A Digital Sakhi is a rural woman with a digital device who is equipped with skills and knowledge to impart digital financial literacy training to others,” it said.
Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
♦World Bank retains India’s growth rate for FY19-20 at 7.5 per cent
- The Bank in its Global Economic Prospects released on Tuesday said that India is estimated to have grown 7.2 per cent in the fiscal year 2018-19, which ended on March 31. A slowdown in government consumption was offset by solid investment, which benefitted from public infrastructure spending.
- As against a growth rate of 6.6 per cent in 2018, China’s growth rate in 2019 is projected to be dropped to 6.2 per cent and then subsequently to 6.1 per cent in 2020 and 6 per cent in 2021, the bank said.
Note – World Bank
Motto Working for a World Free of Poverty
Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
♦Indian Bank and Corporation Bank may merge into Oriental Bank of Commerce
- BJP-led government may soon kick-start the next phase of consolidation in the public-sector banking space with an amalgamation of three lenders — Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC), Indian Bank and Corporation Bank.
- Banking sources told FE that OBC has sought the finance ministry’s approval to combine with Indian Bank and Corporation Bank. The ministry will consider OBC’s proposal and take a view soon, one of the sources said. However, there is no formal announcement from the finance ministry on the matter yet. Another source said the government may infuse `40,000-50,000 crore into public-sector banks (PSBs) this fiscal, having already provided `1,06,000 crore in FY19.
♦Gianni Infantino re-elected as FIFA president
- Gianni Infantino was re-elected as FIFA president unopposed at the congress of world football’s governing body in Paris on Wednesday as he claimed to have turned the organisation from being “toxic and almost criminal” back to its core values.
- Infantino’s re-election was marked by a round of applause from the congress after the statutes were changed earlier in the day to no longer require a vote if there was only one candidate for the position.
Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
Founded: 21 May 1904, Rue Saint-Honoré, Paris, France
Founded at: Paris, France
Motto: For the Game. For the World.
♦Mrutyunjay Mohapatra appointed chief of India Meteorological Department
- Renowned scientist Mrutyunjay Mohapatra was appointed on Tuesday as the chief of India Meteorological Department (IMD), an order issued by the Personnel Ministry said. Mohapatra, who is Scientist ‘G’ in the IMD, has been appointed as Director General of Meteorology, IMD for a period of five years, it said.
- He will assume charge of the post on or after August 1, 2019, the order said.
The IMD is responsible for weather and climate related forecasts for the country.
Headquarters: New Delhi
Founder: Government of India
♦Google’s India-born CEO Sundar Pichai and Nasdaq President Adena Friedman to get 2019 Global Leadership Award
- Google’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Sundar Pichai and Nasdaq President Adena Friedman have been picked for the coveted Global Leadership Awards 2019 by business advocacy group USIBC. The duo has been recognised for their companies’ contribution as the leading technology-driven platforms.
- The Washington-based US-India Business Council (USIBC) gives this award for achievements in over 30 categories to leaders who took extra efforts in nation building while nurturing the global economy to grow. The award will be conferred upon Indian-American Pichai, 46, and Friedman, 50, during the next week’s ‘India Ideas Summit’.
♦Gajendra Singh Shekhawatgives away Ganga Quest 2019 Awards
- Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister for Jal Shakti today stressed on the need for a people’s movement for protection of environment in general and conservation of water in particular. He was speaking during an event organized by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) to celebrate World Environment Day 2019.Shri Shekhawat said that living in harmony with nature and worshipping its various elements has always been an integral part of our culture.
- Shri Shekhawat added that the commitment shown by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and his government for cleaning of River Ganga since the launch of NamamiGange programme in 2014 has been remarkable. He added that a lot has been achieved in this regard and the Jal Shakti Ministry will take the work forward.
♦5th June World Environment Day 2019
- World Environment Day, celebrated annually on 5 June is an initiative that the United Nations launched in an attempt to effectively combat problems of environmental degradation. Every year, the UN marks a different focus to commemorate the day. The country hosting the main event for the year chooses the theme for World Environment day.
- Theme2019- Air Pollution
♦Actor Dinyar Contractor passes away
- Actor and theatre artist Dinyar Contractor passed away on Wednesday morning. He was 79.
- Dinyar started his acting career by doing several stage shows and became popular for his comic roles. He was seen in Bollywood films like Chori Chori Chupke Chupke, Khiladi, Badshah, Daraar and 36 China Town. TV shows like Khichdi, Kabhi Idhar Kabhi Udhar, Hum Sab Ek Hain, Aaj Ke Shrimaan Shrimati and many others made him a household name.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- Current Affairs 2019 MCQ May Month PDF : Date-wise Download Now
- May 2019 Monthly One liner Current affairs| Date-Wise : Download PDF
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here