Table of Contents
Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 14th May 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ Doordarshan partners with Amazon India to launch online souvenir store
- Public broadcaster Doordarshan has launched an online souvenir store in partnership with Amazon India. DD Souvenir gallery was started on 21 June 2018. The online store will sell branded articles like cups, T-shirts and water bottles.
- The development makes Doordarshan India’s first broadcaster to start a souvenir store. The pubcaster believes that the online souvenir store will not only strengthen the relationship with viewers but also help in establishing Doordarshan brand value.
♦ ISRO to Inaugurate the Young Scientist Programme YUVIKA 2019 on May 13
- ISRO had announced the ‘Young Scientist Programme’ or ‘YUva VIgyani KAryakram’ (YUVIKA 2019) to get young school children interested in space science and technology
- The ISRO Young Scientist Programme YUVIKA 2019, which received an astounding response from students across the country, will be inaugurated on 13 May 2019. The Indian Space Research Organisation, in a fresh announcement today, stated that YUVIKA 2019, which is a two week summer vacation residential programme, will be conducted from 13 to 26 May 2019.
- The Young Scientist Programme will be inaugurated by ISRO Chairman Dr K Sivan at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota. A total 107 students would be fortunate to get trained by ISRO Scientists as part of YUVIKA 2019.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ Cannes Film Festival begins in France today
- One of the most prestigious international events from the world of cinema, the Cannes Film Festival, begins in France today.
- American director Jim Jarmusch’s zombie film, ‘The Dead Don’t Die’, the story of a small town under siege from the dead, will be the opening movie at the 12-day long festival.
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary Amit Khare, who is leading the Indian delegation at Cannes, will inaugurate India Pavilion tomorrow.
Banking and Finance
♦ RBI slaps ₹1-cr fine on Nainital Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of ₹1 crore on Nainital Bank for its failure to fully automate the non-performing asset (NPA) identification process, despite specific directions issued in this regard.
- “This penalty has been imposed in exercise of powers vested in the RBI under the provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, taking into account the failure of the bank to adhere to the aforesaid direction issued by the RBI.
♦ Nabard announces ₹ 700-cr venture capital fund for agri, rural startups
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) on Monday announced a Rs 700-crore venture capital fund for equity investments in agriculture and rural-focused startups.
- NABARD has been contributing to other funds till now and this is the first time that the rural development bank has launched a fund of its own.
- The fund has been launched by Nabventures, a subsidiary of NABARD, and has a proposed corpus of Rs 500 crore with an option to retain over-subscriptions of Rs 200 crore, called as the greenshoe option, an official statement said.
♦ WPI inflation slips to 3.07% in April, prices of food articles remain high
- Wholesale price-based inflation slipped to 3.07 per cent in April on cheaper fuel and manufactured items, even as prices of food articles remained high, according to an official data released Tuesday.
- The Wholesale Price Index (WPI)-based inflation was at 3.18 per cent in March. It was 3.62 per cent in April 2018.
- Inflation in food articles hardened with steep rise in prices of vegetables during April.
- Vegetables inflation was at 40.65 per cent in April, up from 28.13 per cent in the previous month.
- Inflation in food articles basket was 7.37 per cent, up from 5.68 per cent in the previous month.
♦ Dinesh Pangtey appointed as CEO of LIC Mutual Fund
- Dinesh Pangtey has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of LIC Mutual Fund. He started his career as a direct recruit officer with LIC of India in 1984 and has risen through the ranks to this senior position. Prior to taking over as CEO of LIC Mutual Fund, Dinesh Pangtey was Director and Chief Executive Officer at LIC HFL AMC.
♦ Justice DN Patel’s Name Recommended For Delhi High Court Chief Justice
- The Supreme Court Collegium has recommended the name of Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel, a senior puisne Judge from Gujarat High Court and at present functioning on transfer in Jharkhand High Court, as the next Chief Justice of Delhi High Court.
- The incumbent Chief Justice of Delhi High Court Rajendra Menon is set to retire next month when he turns 62, the retirement age of Judges of High Courts in the country.
- The Supreme Court Collegium headed by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi took the decision to appoint Justice Patel on May 10.
♦ Jet Airways CEO Vinay Dube quits
- Jet Airways on Tuesday said its CEO Vinay Dube has resigned due to personal reasons.
- This is the second high profile exit in as many days at the grounded Jet Airways after Deputy CEO Amit Agarwal put in his papers on Monday.
- In a filing to stock exchanges, the airline said Mr. Dube has “resigned from the services of the company with immediate effect due to personal reasons.”
♦ India’s G.S. Lakshmi first woman to be inducted into ICC match referee panel
- India’s G.S. Lakshmi has become the first woman to be appointed to ICC’s international panel of match referees and will be eligible to officiate in international games with immediate effect.
- Claire Polosak had become the first ever woman umpire to stand in a men’s ODI, earlier this month.
- Lakshmi, 51, who first officiated as a match referee in domestic women’s cricket in 2008-09, has overseen three women’s ODI matches and three women’s T20I matches.
♦ Asia-Pacific Diamond Cup: Gangjee finishes tied 39, Asaji wins title
- India’s Rahil Gangjee finished tied 39th while Viraj Madappa faltered on the final day and ended tied 53rd at the Asia-Pacific Diamond Cup on Sunday.
- Madappa had an 81 in a round where nothing seemed to go right for him, while Gangjee (74) Gangjee started with a double but managed to hold his round. Japan’s Yosuke Asaji capped an unforgettable week when he held his nerve to win the tournament by one shot on Mothers’ Day at the Sobu Country Club.
♦ CEAT Cricket Rating Awards: Kohli, Bumrah among winners
- In the International Cricketer and Batsman of the Year category, India captain, Virat Kohli was declared the winner, while Jasprit Bumrah bagged the International bowler of the Year award.
- Former India all-rounder and a key member of the country’s World Cup-winning team of 1983, Mohinder Amarnath, was on Monday bestowed with the Lifetime achievement award at the CEAT Cricket Rating Awards.
- The Hindu Review April 2019 in (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- GK Capsule for IDBI Assistant Manager 2019 : Download PDF from here
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here