Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 1st May 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ BHEL, ARAI Sign MoU for E-Mobility Projects in India
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), an autonomous body affiliated to the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises have signed an MoU for cooperation on various projects related to e-mobility.
- BHEL’s scope of work in the project includes design, engineering, manufacturing, supply and installation of the EV charging stations along with a central monitoring system with a user-friendly mobile app.
- BHEL is an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer and one of the largest engineering and manufacturing companies of its kind in India having a turnover of about USD 5 billion. BHEL has been designing and manufacturing rolling stock for rail and urban transportation and also Motors, Power electronics and Controllers for various transportation applications. According to an official document, BHEL intends to offer integrated e-mobility solutions or projects to STUs (State Transport Authorities), from Feasibility Studies to Vehicle Fleet Management.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ Japan’s new Emperor Naruhito ascends Chrysanthemum Throne
- Japan’s new Emperor Naruhito pledged Wednesday to stand by the Japanese people as he formally ascended the Chrysanthemum Throne, the day after his father’s historic abdication ushered in a new imperial era.
- It was the first time in more than 200 years that a member of the world’s oldest royal family has chosen to step down, and solemn rituals accompanied both Akihito’s abdication and Naruhito’s enthronement.
♦ UN designates JeM chief Masood Azhar as global terrorist
- In a huge diplomatic win for India, the United Nations on Wednesday designated Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar as a global terrorist after China lifted its hold on a proposal to blacklist him under the Security Council’s Sanctions Committee.
- “Big, small, all join together. Masood Azhar designated as a terrorist in @UN Sanctions list. Grateful to all for their support,” India’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations Syed Akbaruddin tweeted.
- When asked whether China has lifted the hold, Mr. Akbaruddin told PTI that “yes, done.”
Banking and Finance
♦ GST collection scales all-time high of Rs 1.13 trillion in April
- GST revenue mop-up scaled a monthly record high of over Rs 1.13 trillion in April, an increase of 10 per cent over the collection in the year-ago period, on the back of anti-evasion steps taken by tax officers.
- Total number of summary sales return GSTR-3B filed for the month of March up to April 30 stood at 72.13 lakh.
- April 2019 is the second consecutive month when Goods and Services Tax (GST) collection exceeded Rs 1 trillion. In March, the mop-up was Rs 1.06 trillion. “The total gross GST revenue collected in April 2019 is Rs 1,13,865 crore. The revenue in April 2018 was Rs 1,03,459 crore and the revenue during April 2019 is a growth of 10.05 per cent over the revenue in the same month last year,” a finance ministry statement said.
♦ I-T Dept., GSTN to sign MoU for sharing data to prevent anomalies
- The Income Tax Department and the Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) are all set to sign an MoU that will allow the two to match their data regarding company financials so as to pin down any anomalies.
- The department order provides for the Principal Director General or Director General of Income Tax (Systems) to sign an MoU with the GSTN allowing them to send information on assessees to the nodal officer in the GSTN.
- The order, dated April 30, states that the GSTN can ask for and be provided data relating to an assessee’s status of filing income tax returns, turnover, gross total income, financial ratios, and any other data with the I-T Department to be decided at a later date. The order also provides for the automatic exchange of such data, and not just based on requests, the modalities of which will be decided.
♦ Israel honours 1971 war hero Lt Gen JFR Jacob with a plaque on Ammunition Hill Wall of Honour
- Israel on Tuesday honoured Lt. Gen. (retd) Jack Farj Rafael (JFR) Jacob, who negotiated the historic surrender of Pakistani troops in Dhaka after the 1971 Bangladesh’s liberation war, with a plaque on the Wall of Honour at the Ammunition Hill here.
- Lt. Gen. Jacob, who died in 2016 at the age of 92, was one of the most prominent members of India’s relatively small Jewish community, serving as a Lieutenant General in the Indian Army and later as a Governor of two Indian states-Goa and Punjab.
- The Wall of Honour at the Ammunition Hill pays tributes to the heroism and courage of Jewish soldiers who fought in the defence of their countries they lived in “implementing values of bravery, loyalty, commitment and dedication to a mission, leadership, creativity, camaraderie and sanctity of life”.
♦ Six Persons winner of the 2019 Goldman Environmental Prize
- This year is the 30th anniversary of the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize.
- Also called the Green Nobel Prize, the annual award honors grassroots environmental heroes from six continental regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Central and South America, Africa, and islands and island nations.
- This year’s winners are Alfred Brownell from Liberia, Bayarjargal Agvaantseren from Mongolia, Ana Colovic Lesoska from North Macedonia, Jacqueline Evans from the Cook Islands, Alberto Curamil from Chile, and Linda Garcia from the United States.
♦ Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria to take over as IAF Vice Chief
- Air Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria will take over as the Vice Chief of Indian Air Force on May 1 succeeding Air Marshal Anil Khosla who is superannuating tomorrow.
- Bhadauria is at present heading IAF’s Bengaluru-based Training Command and in his earlier avatar as the Deputy Chief, he was the chairman of the Indian negotiating team for the 36 Rafale combat aircraft deal with France.
- “Air Marshal Bhadauria will take over as the Vice Chief on May 1 and would be looking after all the air operations being carried out by the force,” an IAF official said.
♦ Dilip Kumar appointed as Officer on Special Duty in office of Lokpal
- Senior IAS officer Dilip Kumar was on Monday appointed as the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the office of Lokpal.
- It is perhaps the first official appointment of a bureaucrat in Lokpal.
- Kumar, a 1995-batch IAS officer of Punjab cadre, is at present joint secretary, National Human Rights Commission.
- He has been appointed for a period of six months on additional charge basis or till a new incumbent joins the post, an order issued by the Personnel Ministry said.
♦ Chandrayaan-2 launch during the window of July 09 to July 16, 2019
- Chandrayaan-2, India’s second lunar mission, has three modules namely Orbiter, Lander (Vikram) & Rover (Pragyan).
- The Orbiter and Lander modules will be interfaced mechanically and stacked together as an integrated module and accommodated inside the GSLV MK-III launch vehicle.
- The Rover is housed inside the Lander. After launch into earth bound orbit by GSLV MK-III, the integrated module will reach Moon orbit using Orbiter propulsion module. Subsequently, Lander will separate from the Orbiter and soft land at the predetermined site close to lunar South Pole. Further, the Rover will roll out for carrying out scientific experiments on the lunar surface. Instruments are also mounted on Lander and Orbiter for carrying out scientific experiments.
♦ 1 May Labour Day/May day
- May Day is also referred to as Labour Day or International Workers’ Day. The day was promoted by the international labour movements. It is a celebration of the working class. Every year, May Day falls on 1 May. A pan-national organisation of socialist and communist political parties had selected the date to celebrate May Day in the year 1886.
- May Day was celebrated in India in the year 1923 in Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu.
♦ 1 May Maharashtra day
- 57 years ago, the existing state of Maharashtra was formed. The States Reorganisation Act, 1956, defined boundaries for states within India on the basis of languages.
- The then Bombay though had people speaking various languages like Marathi, Gujarati, kutchi and Konkani, which obviously did not work out. So the Sanyukt Maharastra Andolan started demanding a separate state.
- The protest continued till 1960 when the Bombay Reorganization Act was passed by India’s Parliament to divide the multilingual state of Bombay into Gujarat and Maharashtra, with Ahmedabad. The legislation came into effect on May 1, 1960.
♦ Justice Subhashan Reddy passes away
- Former chief justice of the Kerala and Madras High Courts B. Subhashan Reddy died on May 1 morning following a brief illness. He was 76 and is survived by his wife, three sons, two of who are advocates. His funeral will be held at the Mahaprasthanam today afternoon.
- Justice Reddy has also been the first chairman of the A.P. State Human Rights Commission and Lok Ayukta besides being a judge to the A.P. High Court.
- Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao condoled his death and ordered the conduct of last rites with State Honours.
♦ Raheem Sterling named 2019 FWA footballer of the year
- Raheem Sterling has been named the 2019 footballer of the year by the Football Writers’ Association (FWA). The Manchester City and England forward topped the poll of the 400-strong FWA membership as a clear winner, with 62 percent of the votes.
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here