Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 20th May 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ Kerala first Indian state to tap into masala bond market
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan opened Friday’s trading on the London Stock Exchange by ringing the iconic bell after the state-owned Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB) debuted its ‘masala bond’ issue of Rs 2,150 crore on the bourse.
- While Kerala is the first Indian state to tap into the market for masala bonds — debt papers sold overseas by an Indian entity that are denominated in rupees — to raise development funds, the move is rarer still for a communist government.
Banking and Finance
♦ India’s Forex reserves up by $1.3 billion to over $420 billion
- India’s foreign exchange reserves increased by $1.368 billion during the week ended May 10, official data showed on Friday.
- According to the Reserve Bank of India’s weekly statistical supplement, the overall forex reserves rose to $420.055 billion from $418.687 billion reported for the week ended May 3.
- India’s forex reserves comprise Foreign Currency Assets (FCAs), gold reserves, Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) and India’s reserve position with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- On a weekly basis, FCAs, the largest component of the forex reserves, edged higher by $1.358 billion to $392.227 billion.
♦ Tripura Gramin Bank among top banking performers in country
- The Tripura Gramin Bank has emerged as one of the top performers in the banking sector in the 2018-19 financial year across the country, investing heavily to promote entrepreneurship.
- Speaking to reporters, TGB Chairman Mahendra Mohan Goswami said the state Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) has registered a net profit of Rs. 125.44 crore in the last financial year. The Bank also registered business of Rs. 9,000 crores in last financial year, with net Non-Performing Asset (NPA) of zero percent and gross NPA of 8.94 percent, much below the mandate set by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and NABARD.
♦ Brief on SIMBEX-19
- On successful completion of IMDEX 19, IN ships Kolkata and Shakti are continuing their stay at Singapore to participate in the annual Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise SIMBEX-2019 scheduled from 16 May to 22 May 19.
- Since its inception in 1993, SIMBEX has grown in tactical and operational complexity. the annual bilateral exercise saw its progression from traditional anti-submarine exercises to more complex maritime exercises such as advanced air defence operations, anti air/ surface practice firings, tactical exercises, etc. Over the years SIMBEX has stood the test of time in demonstrating the nation’s commitment to enhance maritime cooperation between the two navies and bolster bonds of friendship between the two countries.
♦ India, Singapore conduct naval drill in South China Sea
- The bilateral naval drill will be conducted till May 22. Indian Navy ships Kolkata and Shakti took part in the bilateral naval exercise with Singapore, along with long range maritime patrol aircraft Poseidon-8I (P8I).
- The Singapore side is to be represented by RSN ships Steadfast and Valiant, maritime patrol aircraft Fokker-50 (F-50) and F-16 fighter aircraft.
- The exercise include various maritime combat exercises such as firing on aerial, surface targets, advanced aerial tracking, and coordinated targeting exercises and tactical exercises on surface, air scenarios.
- “The sea phase of SIMBEX 19, scheduled to be conducted in the South China Sea from May 19-22, will include various maritime combat exercises such as firing on aerial, surface targets, advanced aerial tracking, coordinated targeting exercises and tactical exercises on surface, air scenarios,” the Navy said.
♦ Nomination for Vayoshreshtha Samman- National Awards for Senior Citizens 2019
- Nominations for Vayoshreshtha Samman- National Awards for Senior Citizens 2019 for individuals/institutions should be sent by 31st May, 2019. The Department of Social Justice And Empowerment had invited nominations for the awards on 17th April, 2019.
- The Ministries/Departments of Government of India and their autonomous organistions/State Govts. or UT Administration can nominate the suitable individuals/institutions for the said Awards. Eligible individuals/institutions may forward nomination for conferment of the award to the Department before or on 31st May, 2019.
♦ 2nd India Open International Boxing Tournament to begins
- The Second India Open International Boxing tournament will be held in Guwahati from Monday to 24th of this month. 200 players from 16 countries will take place in the event.
- India will field a strong contingent of 38 men and 37 women in the tournament including Mary Kom in 51-kilogram category.
- The competition will be held in a total of 18 categories, 10 in men and 8 in women. The gold medalist will get 2500 US dollar and Silver medalist will earn 1000 US dollar.
♦ World Metrology Day- 20 May
- World Metrology Day is an event occurring on the 20th of May celebrating the International System of Units. The date is the anniversary of the signing of the Metre Convention in 1875. Metrology is the study of measurement. The World Metrology Day project is currently realized jointly by the BIPM and the OIML.
- Theme 2019- The International System of Units – Fundamentally better.
- The Hindu Review April 2019 in (Bilingual) | Current Affairs PDF : Download Now
- GK Capsule for IDBI Assistant Manager 2019 : Download PDF from here
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here