Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 24th April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok video app
- In a relief for Beijing-based developer Bytedance Technology Co., the Madras High Court’s Madurai bench Wednesday lifted the ban on its popular video app TikTok, reported ANI. The Madras High Court had earlier ordered the government to prohibit TikTok downloads, saying the app was encouraging pornography.
♦ FSSAI recommends Chinese milk ban till labs get upgraded
- The Food Safety and Standards of Authority of India (FSSAI) has recommended that the ongoing ban on import of Chinese milk and milk products including confectionery, should be extended till labs at Indian ports are equipped for melamine testing.
- The Indian government had first imposed a ban on import of Chinese milk and milk products in 2008, when milk and infant formula products along with other food materials were found contaminated with melamine in China.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ US, Singapore, Taiwan seek to join consultations in WTO dispute over India’s tariffs on ICT goods
- The US, Singapore and Chinese Taipei have Tuesday expressed their interest to join consultations sought by the European Union under the World Trade Organization’s (WTO) dispute settlement mechanism against India’s import duties on certain ICT products, including mobile phones.
- In the first week of this month, the European Union (EU) dragged India into the WTO’s dispute settlement mechanism over imposition of import duties on these products, alleging breach of global trade norms.
- The EU has challenged introduction of import duties on a wide range of information and communications technology (ICT) products, for instance, mobile phones and components, base stations, integrated circuits and optical instruments.
♦ Indonesia releases Ramayana stamp
- Indonesia on Tuesday released a special commemorative stamp on the theme of Ramayana to mark the 70th anniversary of diplomatic ties with India.
- The stamp, designed by renowned Indonesian sculptor Padmashri Bapak Nyoman Nuart, features a scene from Hindu epic Ramayana in which Jatayu valiantly fought to save Sita.
- “As agreed during Prime Minister’s visit in May 2018, the Department of Posts of the Government of Indonesia released a special commemorative stamp on the theme of Ramayana to mark the event,” a statement of Indian Embassy in Jakarta said.
Banking and Finance
♦ BEML, Syndicate Bank sign MoU, to book ₹100 cr-biz
- Pubilic sector BEML , has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for financing earth moving and construction equipment manufactured by BEML with Syndicate Bank.
- Syndicate Bank and BEML expect to book business worth ₹100 crore, by March 2020 under this window.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Ajay Vipin Nanavati, Chairman, Syndicate Bank; Deepak Kumar Hota, CMD, BEML; and other senior officials of the two entities.
♦ SBI launches Green Car Loan
- State Bank of India on Monday announced the country’s first ‘Green Car Loan’ (Electric Vehicle) to encourage customers to buy electric vehicles. The new scheme will offer loan at 20 basis points lesser than the interest rate on the existing car loan schemes.
- The EMI per ₹1 lakh will be lower at ₹1,468 for 96 months against ₹1,622 for 84 months, based on the maximum tenor, in line with the existing scheme.
- “SBI Green Car Loan (Electric Vehicle) scheme, which comes with the longest repayment period of up to eight years, is a strategic inclusion to the bank’s auto loan segment offered with zero processing fee for the first six months of the launch,” the lender said in a statement on Monday.
♦ RBI sells entire stake in NHB, Nabard to govt. for ₹ 1,470 cr. in total
- The Reserve Bank has has divested its entire stake in National Housing Bank (NHB) and the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) for ₹ 1,450 crore and ₹ 20 crore, respectively.
- The central bank sold the stake in NHB on March 19, while it sold the stake in Nabard on February 26, the bank said in a statement Wednesday.
- “With this, the government now holds 100 percent stake in both these financial institutions,” the RBI said.
- Divestment has been done on the recommendation of the second Narasimham committee report and the discussion paper prepared by the RBI on ‘harmonizing the role and operations of development financial institutions and banks,’ the central bank said.
♦ Asian Athletics C’ships: P U Chitra wins gold in Women’s 1500m, Dutee Chand clinches bronze
- P.U. Chitra struck gold medal in Womens’ 1500m at Asian Athletics Championships clocking 4:14.56. With the win, she also qualified for World Championships. “Got a little nervous towards the end being next to Bahraini runner (Gashaw Tigest). She beat me to third place in Asian Games. I had to really push hard in the end,” she said after the win.
- Ajay Kumar Saroj also struck Silver medal in Men’s 1500m at Asian Athletics Championships clocking 3:43.18 (SB). This was India’s 16th medal in the tournament.
- Dutee Chand clinched the bronze medal in 200-metre sprint at the 23rd Asian Athletics Championships in Doha on Tuesday. She achieved the podium finish with a timing of 23.24 seconds.
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|