Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates : 25 & 26 December 2019 Daily Current Affairs 2019:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2019, Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs 2019 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2019 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2019 for IAS, LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam of 2019.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Tamil Nadu tops good governance index, Maharashtra and Karnataka placed second, third
- Tamil Nadu topped the composite ranking for Good Governance Index (GGI), with Maharashtra and Karnataka bagging the second and third spot respectively, according to a report released by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances and the Centre for Good Governance.
- Chhattisgarh stood fourth, followed by Andhra Pradesh (fifth), Gujarat (sixth), Haryana (seventh) and Kerala (eighth). Madhya Pradesh bagged the ninth position, West Bengal tenth, followed by Telangana (11th), Rajasthan (12th), Punjab (13th), Orissa (14th), Bihar (15th), Goa (16th), Uttar Pradesh (17th) and Jharkhand at the eighteenth position in the big states category.
- Why Tamil Nadu top: Tamil Nadu has achieved excellence in sectors like public infrastructure, which measures indicators like access to potable water, towns that are Open Defection Free (ODF), connectivity to rural habitations, access to clean cooking fuel (LPG/PNG), 24×7 power supply etc.
Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor:Banwarilal Purohit
♦PM Modi launches Atal Bhujal Yojana
- PM Modi launched the Atal Bhujal Yojana. The scheme with a total outlay of Rs.6000 crore will be implemented over a period of 5 years.
- Aim: Improve ground water management through community participation in identified priority areas in seven States.
- The states identified are Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
♦Rohtang tunnel in Himachal Pradesh named as Atal tunnel
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi named Rohtang passageway in Himachal Pradesh as Atal Tunnel to mark the 95th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Prime Minister said the strategic Atal tunnel will change the fortunes of this region and will help in promoting tourism in the region.
Note: About Himachal Pradesh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Capital: Shimla
- CM: Jai Ram Thakur
International (Current Affairs)
♦Typhoon Phanfone hit the Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone, also known as Ursula, has battered the central Philippines.
- Thousands of people have been left stranded, as ferries and flights were cancelled. Thousands more spent the night in temporary shelters.
- More than 100 families’ homes have been destroyed by the storm.
Note: About Philippines.
- Capital: Manila
- Currency: Philippine peso
- President: Rodrigo Duterte
Banking and Financial
♦RBI introduces new prepaid payment tool for transactions upto Rs 10,000 a month
- The Reserve Bank has introduced a new type of prepaid payment instrument (PPI) which could be used only for purchase of goods and services up to a limit of Rs 10,000 per month.
- “To give impetus to small value digital payments and for enhanced user experience, it has been decided to introduce a new type of semi-closed PPI.
- PPIs are financial instruments that facilitate the purchase of goods and services against the value stored on such instruments.
- As per the circular, such PPIs shall be issued by bank and non-bank ‘PPI Issuers’ after obtaining minimum details of the holder.
- “The amount loaded in such PPIs during any month shall not exceed Rs 10,000 and the total amount loaded during the financial year shall not exceed Rs 1,20,000”.
♦Pine Labs partners with Kotak Mahindra Bank to enable EMIs on Kotak debit cards
- Pine Labs, one of India’s largest merchant-focused companies and Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) announced a tie-up to enable EMI payments via Kotak Debit Cards. This arrangement enables over 10 million eligible Kotak debit card customers to pay for their purchases in easy instalments via the Pine Labs POS terminals.
- Pine Labs has a network of over 150,000 merchants across India.
♦Virat Kohli, Dale Steyn named in Wisden cricketers of the decade list
- India captain Virat Kohli has been named in the Cricketers of the decade list alongside four others by the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanac.
- Apart from Kohli, South African duo of Dale Steyn and AB de Villiers, Australia’s Steve Smith and women’s all-rounder Ellyse Perry also found a place in the list of five cricketers of the decade.
- The 31-year-old Indian was named captain of the Wisden Test team of the decade, while also featuring in the ODI XI.
♦Tennis Legend Leander Paes Announces Retirement In 2020
- India veteran tennis player Leander Paes on 25th December announced that the coming year, 2020, will be his last year on the court. The player took to Instagram to wish fans a Merry Christmas and along with that he also announced 2020 as his farewell.
- About Leander Paes career : Leander Paes is undoubtedly one of the most famous Indian tennis players. The legendary tennis player, who has won 8 doubles and 10 mixed doubles Grand Slam titles, also holds the record for the most Davis Cup doubles wins. Paes, who is a Padma Bhusan recipient.
♦25th December: “Good Governance Day”
- The birth anniversary of former Prime Minister and Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee is celebrated as Good Governance Day across the country.
- Established in 2014, Good Governance Day aims to create awareness among the people about accountability of Government and governance.
♦Renowned Hindi author Ganga Prasad Vimal passed away in road accident in Sri Lanka
- Renowned Hindi author Ganga Prasad Vimal and his two family members were killed in a road accident in southern Sri Lanka.
- He wrote more than one dozen poetry collections, short story collections and novels. His last novel, Manushkhor, was published in 2013. He received several Hindi literary awards.
- Hindi PDF for LIC Assistant Prelims & Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here