Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 27th April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ Cyclonic storm Fani: Limited chances of rainfall over Tamil Nadu
- There is limited chance for rainfall over Tamil Nadu as cyclonic storm Fani may not make landfall close to Tamil Nadu coast, according to Meteorological Department.
- S. Balachandran, Deputy Director General of Meteorology, Chennai, said the cyclonic storm ‘Fani’, which is centred over southeast Bay of Bengal, 1,240 km southeast of Chennai, is likely to become severe cyclonic storm by April 28. It is likely to reach near north Tamil Nadu and South Andhra Pradesh coast by April 30 evening. The system is moving at a speed of 18 km per hour.
- There may not be any heavy rainfall activity over the State. The weather models indicate that only light to moderate rains may occur in few places of north coastal areas on April 30 and May 1.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ ABU Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness underway in Nepal
- 5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness began in Kathmandu on Thursday.
- Nepal’s Minister for Communication and Information Technology Gokul Prasad Baskota inaugurated the summit. The basic aim of the summit is to address the issue of fully utilizing media’s potential of accelerating climate action and disaster preparedness and connect stakeholders to media professionals for collaboration and joint practical projects.
- According to ABU, over 200 participants including political leaders, representatives of UN agencies and NGOs, climate change and disaster management experts, scientists and media persons are attending the event.
- Theme of the two-day summit is “Media Solutions for Sustainable Future: Saving Lives, Building Resilient Communities”.
Banking and Finance
♦ RBI first central bank in APAC region to cut interest rates: Fitch
- The Reserve Bank of India is the first central bank in the Asia-Pacific region to begin an explicit interest rate easing cycle buoyed by benign food inflation and easier global financial condition, Fitch Ratings said. The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), headed by RBI Govenor Shaktikanta Das, cut rates in February and April citing prospects of benign inflation. In the four months of 2019, the RBI has cut policy interest rates twice by 0.25 per cent each to one-year low of 6 pc.
- This is the first back-to-back rate cut since the MPC was formed in late 2016. “Benign food inflation and easier global financial conditions following the US Fed’s shift to a more dovish policy stance has enabled the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to become the first central bank in Asia-Pacific (APAC) to begin an explicit easing cycle,” Fitch said in its APAC sovereign credit overview report. Inflation at 2.9 pc has remained within the RBI’s comfort zone of 4 pc (+/- 2 pc).
♦ RBI’s new Rs 20 banknote to be released soon
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced on Saturday that it will shortly issue Rs 20 denomination banknotes, in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series, bearing the signature of the central bank’s governor Shaktikanta Das. These are different in size and design compared to the notes issued earlier.
- The central bank has already issued new look currency notes in the denominations of Rs 10, Rs 50, Rs 100, and Rs 500, besides introducing Rs 200 and Rs 2,000 bank notes.
- “The Rs 20 note will be greenish-yellow in colour. The new banknote has a motif of Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage,” a statement by the RBI said.
♦ Shri Rajendra Kumar Nayak Took Over as CGDA
- Shri Rajendra Kumar Nayak took over as the 52nd Controller General of Defence Accounts on April 22, 2019. He is from the Indian Defence Accounts Service of 1983 batch.
- During the career span of more than 35 years, Shri Nayak has held important assignments in the Defence Accounts Department and on deputation in the Government of India. He has vast and varied experience in handling Finance, Personnel, Pay & Budget matters of Ministry of Defence.
- He was Additional Controller General of Defence Accounts, Defence Accounts Department, Ministry of Defence before taking over as the CGDA.
♦ Abhishek Verma secures Olympic quota place with gold in maiden ISSF World Cup final
- Abhishek Verma secured India’s fifth Olympic quota place in shooting by winning the 10m air pistol gold medal at the ISSF World Cup here on Saturday.
- Shooting in his maiden International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup final, the Indian led the field throughout the men’s 10m air pistol final to clinch the top spot with a total score of 242.7. Russia’s Artem Chernousov took silver with a total of 240.4 points in the eight-man final. Korea’s Seungwoo Han finished with a bronze after shooting 220.0 in the final.
♦ Australian Claire Polosak becomes first woman to umpire men’s ODIs
- Australia’s Claire Polosak never played cricket but blazed a trail in 2017 when she became the first woman to stand in a men’s top-level match when New South Wales played a Cricket Australia XI in a one-day match in Sydney.
- Australia’s Claire Polosak became the first woman to officiate in a men’s one-day international when Namibia played Oman in the final of the World Cricket League Division 2 in Windhoek on Saturday.
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|