Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 29th April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ Relaxed norms for setting up firms to help improve India’s ease of biz ranking
- “Several steps have been initiated by the government this year on all the ten parameters. It will significantly help improve India’s ranking this year,” the official said. In its annual ‘Doing Business’ report, the World Bank ranks nations based on 10 parameters relating to starting and doing business in a country.
- These parameters include ease of starting a business, construction permits, getting electricity, getting credit, paying taxes, trade across borders, enforcing contracts and resolving insolvency. The next report is expected to be released in October 2019. India improved its ranking by 23 places to the 77th position in the 2018 report.
♦ Gagandeep Kang, the first Indian woman Fellow of the Royal Society
- Gagandeep Kang, 56, is Director of the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) in Faridabad. Acclaimed for her key role in the development of Rotavac, India’s first indigenously developed vaccine for rotavirus infections, Kang was recently awarded Fellowship of the Royal Society (FRS), United Kingdom — the first Indian woman scientist to be thus feted.
- In an interview, she spoke about the challenges of being a woman scientist in India and why the country would do well with a 40% job reservation for women.
♦ Mizoram boy who rushed chicken to hospital receives PETA India’s ‘Compassionate Kid’ award
- Young Derek C Lalchhanhima, who became an internet sensation for rushing his neighbour’s chicken to the hospital after accidentally running over it with his bicycle has been awarded for his compassionate act by PETA India.
- Unaware that it was too late to help the bird, the boy went to the hospital alone with the chicken in one hand and a ten rupee note in the other.
- The picture, which has been celebrated as a model of humanity and kindness, received praises from social media users.
- PETA India acknowledged his action with the ‘Compassionate Kid’ award for being an inspiration to other children.
♦ IIT Madras team develops easy OCR system for nine Indian languages
- Taking a cue from European languages, several of which have the same (Roman letter–based) script, Srinivasa Chakravathy’s team at IIT Madras has, over the last decade, developed a unified script for nine Indian languages, named the Bharati script. The team has now gone a step further since developing the script: it has developed a method for reading documents in Bharati script using a multi-lingual optical character recognition (OCR) scheme.
- The team has also created a finger-spelling method that can be used to generate a sign language for hearing-impaired persons. In collaboration with TCS Mumbai, the researchers have found a way for persons with hearing disability to generate signatures using this finger-spelling technique.
♦ First female Ligue 1 referee takes charge of match
- The 35-year-old Frappart took charge as Amiens hosted Strasbourg, where she was called into action numerous times, handing out yellow cards to the likes of Strasbourg’s Ibrahima Sissoko and Ludovic Ajorque.
- Frappart is not the first woman to officiate a top-flight men’s game in Europe’s top leagues.
- Germany’s Bibiana Steinhaus became the first woman to officiate a Bundesliga match in 2017 when Hertha Berlin drew 1-1 with Werder Bremen.
♦ Bottas wins in Azerbaijan, retakes championship lead
- Valtteri Bottas won the Azerbaijan Grand Prix on Sunday (April 28) to retake the Formula One world championship lead from team mate Lewis Hamilton after a stunning fourth successive one-two finish for Mercedes.
- The Finn, who started on pole position, crossed the line 1.524 seconds ahead of Hamilton to make up for the agony of 2018 when he was denied victory in Baku by a late puncture.
- The pair are now separated by just one point with 17 races remaining, with Mercedes 70 points ahead of Ferrari in the constructors’ standings.
♦ Kvitova earns maiden Stuttgart title with win over Kontaveit
- World number three Petra Kvitova beat Estonian Anett Kontaveit 6-3 7-6(2) to win Stuttgart’s Porsche Grand Prix on Sunday (April 28) for her second title of the year as she prepares for next month’s French Open.
- Kvitova, a two-time Wimbledon champion, broke her opponent to go 4-2 up in the first set and served out the set a little later on the quick indoor clay courts in Stuttgart.
- The Czech had to work much harder in the second set as she had to save two set points at 5-4 as Kontaveit had her pinned to the baseline.
♦ World Dance Day
- In 1982 the Dance Committee of ITI founded International Dance Day to be celebrated every year on the 29th April, the birthday of Jean-Georges Noverre (1727-1810), creator of modern ballet. The intention of the International Dance Day Message is to celebrate dance, revel in the universality of this art form, cross all political, cultural and ethnic barriers, and bring people together with a common language – dance.
- Theme-“Dance & Spirituality”
♦ World Day for Safety and Health at Work 28 April
- Inspired by the ILO centenary and discussions on the future of work, the world day this year attempts to take stock of a 100 years of work in improving occupational safety and health and looks to the future for continuing these efforts through major changes such as technology, demographics, sustainable development including climate change and changes in work organization.
- The World Day celebration on 28 April 2019 will be only the beginning of worldwide events and activities to continue throughout the rest of the year.
- Theme- “Safety and Health and the Future of Work”
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here