Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 30th April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ Cyclone Fani may bring light to moderate rains to northern Tamil Nadu, West Bengal
- Light to moderate rainfall is expected in the northern parts of Tamil Nadu under the influence of cyclone Fani, which is presently lying over southwest Bay of Bengal, Area Cyclone Warning Centre Director S. Balachandran said on April 30.
- “Kumarikadal, Mannarvalaikuda and northern parts of the State would be receiving strong winds with speed ranging between 30 and 50 km per hour today,” he said.
♦ Nasscom partners with GE healthcare for health-tech innovation
- Technology services industry body Nasscom has partnered with GE Healthcare to encourage startups to work on digital healthcare solutions in India.
- Through its Center of Excellence on internet of things (CoE-IOT), Nasscom has entered into a strategic partnership with the company boost the start-up ecosystem in the country and work with them to bring digital healthcare solutions.
- Technology adoption in the Indian healthcare sector is poised for substantial growth as it continues to emerge as a game-changer in the delivery of healthcare services, said Nasscom in a press release. “The industry has been rapidly adopting new-age technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to improve access and outcomes. The healthtech sector is committed to connect doctors and patients, providing low-cost medical devices along with tech-enabled diagnostics,” said the industry body.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ Nepal Launches Everest Cleaning Campaign
- A total of 3,000 kilograms of solid waste has been collected from Mt. Everest sincewhen Nepal launched an ambitious clean-up campaign on April 14. The campaign is aimed at bringing back tonnes of trash from the world’s highest peak, which has lately turned into a “garbage dump”.
- The 45-day ‘Everest Cleaning Campaign’, led by Solukhumbu district’s Khumbu Pasanglhamu Rural Municipality began on April 14 with the Nepali new year and aims to collect nearly 10,000 kgs of garbage from Mt. Everest.
- Dandu Raj Ghimire, Director General of Department of Tourism, addressed a press conference on Sunday, saying that of the 3,000-kilogramme garbage collected so far, 2,000 kgs had been sent to Okhaldhunga while the remaining 1,000 kgs were brought to Kathmandu using Nepali Army helicopters for disposal.
♦ China, Pakistan Sign Agreements On Space Exploration, Manned Missions
- China and Pakistan have signed an agreement on space exploration, marking a new phase in space science cooperation including manned missions between the all-weather allies.
- The agreement was signed on April 27 during the visit of Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan to China for the 2nd Belt and Road Forum (BRF), the China National Space Administration (CNSA) said in a statement.
- The space agreement will serve as a high-level foundation for cooperation in space science and exploration. Both nations will conduct scientific and technological experiments, astronaut training, along with manned space applications and achievement transformation, official media quoted the CNSA statement as saying on Monday.
Banking and Finance
♦ Infra sector growth improves to 4.7% in March
- The growth of eight core sectors improved marginally to 4.7% in March 2019 against 4.5% in the same month last year.
- For the full 2018-19 fiscal, the expansion rate of eight infrastructure sectors — coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilisers, steel, cement and electricity — remained flat at 4.3%, official data released on April 30 showed.
- Coal generation growth was flat at 9.1% in March 2019. Natural gas, refinery products, fertiliser, steel and cement sectors recorded positive growth rates.
- Crude oil production, however, contracted by 6.2% in March. Electricity generation declined by 1.4% during the month under review.
- A fall in production of crude oil and refinery products had dragged the growth of the eight core sectors to 2.1% in February.
♦ India Ratings lowers country’s GDP growth projection for FY20 to 7.3%
- India Ratings and Research Tuesday marginally lowered country’s GDP growth projection for 2019-20 fiscal to 7.3 per cent mainly due to below normal monsoon prediction and loss of momentum in industrial output.
- The Fitch group company had earlier projected India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth at 7.5 per cent.
- The key reasons for the downward revision are the prediction of lower-than-normal monsoon for 2019 and continued agrarian distress, and the loss of momentum in the industrial output growth, especially manufacturing and electricity.
♦ India, Pakistan hike defence spending in 2018: SIPRI report
- India increased its defence spending by 3.1 per cent to USD 66.5 billion in 2018 while Pakistan hiked it by a hefty 11 per cent to touch USD 11.4 billion, according to a new report on global military expenditure released on Monday by a leading Swedish think tank.
- The total world military expenditure rose to USD 1,822 billion in 2018, representing an increase of 2.6 per cent from 2017, The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) said in its annual report.
- The five biggest spenders in 2018 were the United States, China, Saudi Arabia, India and France, which together accounted for 60 per cent of global military spending, it said.
♦ Sri Lanka ready to join global fight against the Islamic State (IS): Sri Lanka PM
- Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said on Tuesday that his country is ready to join the global fight against the Islamic State (IS).
- In a statement, Wickremesinghe said that Sri Lanka will share intelligence information and expertise with the international community to face the threat from IS.
- The Prime Minister also said that key information has come to light related to the Easter Sunday bombings carried out by a group linked to IS.
- He said that several arrests have already been made and more was expected over the deadly suicide attacks on Easter Sunday.
♦ Jamia team develops ultra sensitive quantum thermometer
- The thermometer can measure micro Kelvin changes in temperature and has quick response time
- Researchers at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, have developed an ultrasensitive quantum thermometer using graphene quantum dots.
- The thermometer can precisely measure a wide range of temperature: 27 degree C to –196 degree C. The thermometer has high sensitivity when measuring different temperatures and can measure very minute (micro Kelvin) changes in temperature.
♦ ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup 2019: India finishes top of medal tally with five medals
- India drew blank on the final day but still topped the chart for the second consecutive ISSF World Cup, third time in two years, by bagging three gold and a silver at the Beijing edition of the Rifle/Pistol event in Beijing. India topped the medals tally ahead of hosts China (2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze), who won five medals in total.
- In the last edition in New Delhi, India had jointly topped the standings with Hungary. For India, while Anjum Moudgil and young Divyansh Singh Panwar started the medal hunt with a gold in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team competition, the teenaged pair of Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary backed them up with another yellow metal in the 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team Pistol event.
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|