Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 3rd May 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ Government and IIT-Delhi to set up a Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies
- To commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to the Government of India and Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) have come together to bring the best of science and technology to implement waste management in India.
- Principal Scientific Advisor to the Govt of India, Prof K. Vijay Raghavan and Director, IIT Delhi, Prof V. Ramgopal Rao signed a Memorandum of Understanding today in New Delhi for setting up a Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies for implementation of sustainable, scientific and technological solutions for waste management, through validation and deployment of available technologies for transformation of waste to wealth.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ 16th ACD Ministerial meeting Held in Doha
- The 16th Ministerial Meeting of the Member States of the Asian Cooperation Dialogue (ACD), under the chairmanship of the State of Qatar, began here today.
- HE Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani opened the meeting by saying that the meeting is taking place when the world is undergoing complex changes and developments at all political, economic and financial spheres, stressing the need to deepen cooperation among Asian countries to meet the challenges of the future.
Banking and Finance
♦ Vodafone Idea announces multi-million dollar IT outsourcing deal with IBM
- India’s largest telecom operator Vodafone Idea Ltd Friday announced a five-year multi-million-dollar IT outsourcing deal with tech giant IBM.
- “…this engagement will also contribute to Vodafone Idea’s merger synergy objectives by reducing its IT related costs,” the telecom firm said in a statement.
- The company did not divulge the size of the deal but some reports pegged it at about $700 million.
- “The collaboration will provide Vodafone Idea with a hybrid cloud based digital platform to enable more intimate engagement with its over 387 million subscribers (as of December 31, 2018), enhancing business efficiency, agility and scale plus simplification of its business processes,” it said.
♦ Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian is new Member of Finance Commission’s Advisory Council
- The Chief Economic Advisor, Government of India, Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian had been included as Member of the Advisory Council of the Fifteenth Finance Commission.
- Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian will be the twelfth Member of the Council.
- The role and function of the Council is to:
- i)To advise the Commission n any issue or subject related to the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Commission, which may be of relevance.
- ii) To assist in the preparation of any paper or research study which would enhance the Commission’s understanding on the issue contained in its ToR: and
- iii) To help in broadening the Commission’s ambit and understanding to seek best national and international practices on matters pertaining to fiscal devolution and improving the quality and reach and enforcement of its recommendations.
♦ Former ISRO chief AS Kiran Kumar conferred France’s highest civilian award
- AS Kiran Kumar, the former chairperson of the Indian Space Research Organisation, was conferred France’s highest civilian award – Chevalier of Order of the Legion of Honour – for his contribution to India-France space cooperation on Thursday, PTI reported.
- Alexandre Ziegler, the ambassador of France to India, conferred Kumar with the Legion of Honour. “Delighted to bestow Legion of Honour on Dr Kiran Kumar, ex- chairman ISRO who expanded India’s cooperation with France,” Ziegler said on Twitter. “Under his leadership, our 2 countries joined hands for launch vehicle technologies, Earth observation, communication and navigation satellites.”
♦ Apurvi Chandela becomes world No 1 in 10m air rifle event
- Apurvi Chandela achieved a new milestone in her career as the shooter became the new world No 1 in women’s 10m air rifle event.
- Chandela has been in good form and won the gold medal with a world record score in the 10m air rifle event at the season-opening shooting World Cup in New Delhi earlier this year.
- Chandela is also the 10th Indian to become world number one in any shooting events. Chandela, who has already earned a quota place for the Olympics, has been very consistent in the recent past.
♦ Bajrang Punia Wins Gold At Ali Aliev Wrestling Tournament
- Star Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia pocketed another gold medal at the Ali Aliev invitational tournament in Dagestan, Russia on Thursday.
- Bajrang, currently the world No. 1 in the 65kg freestyle category, made a stunning comeback in the final affair to defeat local favourite Viktor Rassadin 13-8.
♦ Jaipur to host Asian youth Women Handball Championship
- Jaipur will host the 8th Asian Youth Women Handball Championship in which 10 teams, including defending champions South Korea, will be participating.
- The general secretary of the Handball Federation of India, Anandeshwar Pandey, said here that it is the first time that the prestigious tournament would be played in the city from August 21 to 30.
- “It is the first time that the tournament will be hosted by Pink city Jaipur. Earlier Delhi had hosted it in 2015 where the hosts India had finished seventh,” said Pandey.
♦ 3 May World Press Freedom Day
- One of the aims of World Press Freedom Day is to pay tribute to journalists who have lost their lives in the field. Another is to assess the state of press freedom throughout the world. The World Press Freedom Index, compiled every year by Reporters Without Borders, does exactly that by evaluating the state of journalism in 180 countries. Only 24 percent of those countries are classified as “good”. Norway ranks top of the list in terms of press freedom, with Turkmenistan at the bottom.
- Theme 2019- “Media for Democracy: Journalism and Elections in Times for Disinformation.”
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here