Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 4th May 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ BSNL launches ‘Bharat Fibre’ broadband service in Kashmir Valley
- State-owned telecom firm BSNL has become the first operator to start optical fibre-based high-speed broadband service in Pulwama with the launch of ‘Bharat Fibre’, the company said Thursday.
- “This is the first such FTTH (fibre-to-the-home) service deployment in the (Kashmir) Valley under this unique revenue share model. Since the Bharat Fibre services are provided on the optical fibre right up to the customer premises, reliable and high-speed internet services are delivered to the customers,” BSNL Director (Consumer Fixed Access) Vivek Banzal said in a statement.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ King Maha Vajiralongkorn crowned Rama X of Thailand
- Thailand has crowned its new King Maha Vajiralongkorn, marking the first ascension of a new monarch in seven decades.
- The key rituals of the elaborate three-day coronation ceremony began in Bangkok today.
- King Vajiralongkorn is the tenth monarch of the Chakri dynasty, which has reigned since 1782.
- The last coronation was held in 1950 for the king’s father Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- Thailand has been run by an arch-royalist junta since 2014. The monarchy takes primacy in the country but it is buttressed by the army.
Banking and Finance
♦ RBI slaps Rs 11 lakh fine on Yes Bank for violating money transfer norms
- “(The) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) vide its speaking order dates April 22, 2019, imposed a penalty of Rs 11,25,000 under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007,” Yes bank said in a regulatory filing.
- The RBI has identified certain violations of its circular of 2011 on Domestic Money Transfer – Relaxations and master directions issued in October 2017 on issuance and operation of prepaid payment instruments in connection with certain product features for an open loop prepaid card (co-branded) previously issued by the bank, Yes Bank said.
♦ Dr Devi Prasad Shetty gets awarded the P.C. Chandra Puraskaar -27th PC Chandra Awards
- P. C. Chandra Puraskaar, the annual national award from the P.C. Chandra Group was conferred upon one of India’s most reputed cardiac surgeon and humanitarian Dr Devi Prasad Shetty at the Biswa Bangla Convention Centre. Swami Suviranandaji Maharaj, the General Secretary of Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math graced the occasion as the Chief Guest and gave away the award.
- Dr Devi Prasad Shetty also is known as ‘The Man with Divine Hands’ is a true visionary. He is one of India’s top cardiac surgeon who has an experience of more than 35 years. He has received innumerable awards and honours in his life, the most noteworthy being Padma Shri in 2003 and Padma Bhushan for medicine in 2013.
♦ After 36 years, Indian Navy’s frontline missile destroyer INS Ranjit to be decommissioned
- INS Ranjit, the Indian Navy’s frontline missile destroyer, will be decommissioned at the naval dockyard in Visakhapatnam on May 6 after having served for 36 years.
- INS Ranjit was the third of the five Kashin-class destroyers built by erstwhile USSR, and was commissioned in 1983, a statement issued by the navy Thursday said.
- INS Ranjit was constructed as Yard 2203 in the 61 Communards shipyard in the town of Nikolev in present-day Ukraine. The keel of the ship was laid on 29 June 1977 and she was launched on 16 June 1979. The ship was given its Russian name “Lovkly” which means “Agile”, the Navy said in the statement.
♦ Diamond league: Semenya wins Doha 800m in first race since gender ruling defeat
- Caster Semenya won the 800 metres at the Doha Diamond League meeting on Friday in her first race since losing her appeal over a controversial gender ruling, claiming “actions speak louder than words”.
- The South African, a two-time Olympic champion, timed 1min 54.98sec to defeat Burundi’s Francine Niyonsaba, who clocked 1min 57.75sec and Ajee Wilson of the United States in 1min 58.83sec.
- Semenya’s victory could be her last over 800m before new International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) rules governing testosterone levels come into operation on May 8.
♦ Former Sports Editor Krishnan passes away
- S. Krishnan, The Hindu’s former Sports Editor, passed away here on Saturday. He was 74 and is survived by his daughter, son-in-law and grandson.
- A grandson of Kasturi Srinivasan, The Hindu’s former Editor, Krishnan was an active sportsman in his youth and dabbled in cricket and tennis besides playing table tennis. He used to write a column on horse racing under the pseudonym Spotlight in the Saturday Sports supplement during the 1970s before being appointed as the Sports Editor of The Hindu in September, 1980.
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|