Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 9th May 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ India and China sign protocol for Export of Indian Chilli Meal
- Commerce Secretary, Anup Wadhawan and Vice Minister, General Administration of Customs of China (GACC), Li Guo, held a meeting in New Delhi today to discuss trade related issues of pending Indian request for clearance of agricultural products.
- Both sides appreciated each other’s concerns and agreed to resolve market access issues expeditiously in order to achieve the vision of the leaders of both India and China by promoting a more balanced trade.
- At the end of the meeting a protocol was signed for export of chilli meal from India to China.
♦ 158th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore observed
- The 158th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, Nobel laureate and icon of Bengali literature, was celebrated across the country yesterday.
- The government and several socio-cultural organizations held elaborate programmes and seminars, award-giving ceremonies and cultural activities, to mark the birth anniversary of the poet.
- Celebration programs were held throughout the country, especially at Rabindra Kuthibari in Shilaidaha of Kushtia, in Shahzadpur of Sirajganj, and in Patisar, Naogaon.
- In Kushtia, a three-day festival began on Wednesday at Shilaidaha Kuthibari to celebrate the birth anniversary.
Current Affairs (International)
♦ Australia central bank prints 184 million A$50 notes with spelling mistake
- Millions of A$50 banknotes in Australia have an embarrassing typographical error that was overlooked by the country’s central bank before they were printed and circulated.
- The goof first became known on Thursday when a listener on radio outlet Triple M sent the station a magnified photo of the Reserve Bank of Australia’s (RBA) new A$50 note highlighting the word “responsibility” misspelt as “responsibilty” three times.
- The A$50 currency is the most widely circulated in Australia and accounts for nearly half the total value of other banknotes in use, according to the RBA.
Banking and Finance
♦ TCS becomes India’s most valued firm again; surpasses RIL in market-cap
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) regained the status of the country’s most valued firm in terms of market capitalisation (market-cap) on Thursday, surging past Mukesh Ambani-controlled Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), which slipped to the number two position.
- TCS market-cap stood at Rs 8.13 trillion, more than RIL’ of Rs 7.95-trillion valuation today, as per BSE data. Over the past four days, RIL has lost 11 per cent at the bourses.
- On Thursday, RIL ended lower for the fourth consecutive session, down 3.4 per cent at Rs 1,255, after foreign brokerages downgraded the stock. The company has seen a market-cap erosion of Rs 96,288 crore during this period. RIL’s market-cap stood at Rs 8.91 trillion on May 3, 2019. Earlier on January 10, 2019, TCS had m-cap of Rs 7.08 trillion and RIL of Rs 7 trillion on closing basis.
♦ 15th Finance Commission Chairman holds meeting with 13 Banks
- The 15th Finance Commission headed by Chairman N.K. Singh met with executives from 13 banks in Mumbai on Thursday.
- The meeting raised issues regarding the cost of borrowings of the Centre and States, recapitalization of banks and their impact and modalities for ensuring that the borrowing cost becomes increasingly market-driven.
♦ North Macedonia’s new president-elect Stevo Pendarovski
- Stevo Pendarovski, a politician and academic, was elected as the fifth President of North Macedonia on the second round of presidential elections held on Sunday.
- North Macedonia’s left-wing ruling Social Democratic Union (SDSM) nominated Pendarovski as its candidate for the post of president.
- Pendarovski, 56, also had the support of several smaller parties, including the Albanian Democratic Union for Integration (DIU), a junior partner in the ruling coalition.
♦ IN Ships Kolkata and Shakti undertake Group Sail with Naval Ships of Japan, Philippines and the USA
- IN Ships Kolkata and Shakti carried out Group Sail with naval ships of Japan, Philippines and the United States of America in the South China Sea from 03 May to 09 May 19. The six-day long Group Sail had participation of six combatants from the four participating countries and included the Guided Missile Destroyer INS Kolkata and Fleet Support Ship INS Shakti of India, Helicopter Carrier JMSDF Izumo and Guided Missile Destroyer JMSDF Murasame of Japan; Frigate BRP Andres Bonifacio of Philippines and Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer USS Williams P Lawrence of USA. The Group Sail was aimed to deepen the existing partnership and foster mutual understanding among participating navies.
♦ Amul is official sponsor of the Afghanistan Cricket team for ICC World Cup 2019
- Amul is the principal sponsor of the Afghanistan cricket team for the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup hosted by England and Wales. Amul’s logo will appear on the leading arm of Afghanistan team playing jerseys as well as on the training kits throughout the World Cup from May 30 to July 14, 2019.
♦ Father Of Indian Modern Legal Education Dr. NR Madhava Menon Passes Away
- Father of modern legal education in India, Dr.NR Madhava Menon has passed away. He is known for changing the face of Indian legal education by pioneering the establishment of National Law Schools.
- He is credited with the conceptualization of five year integrated LLB course, in place of the earlier 3-year course He was the founder Director of the National Law School of India University (NLSIU) and the National Judicial Academy, Bhopal and the founder Vice Chancellor of the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS).
- GK Capsule for IDBI Assistant Manager 2019 : Download PDF from here
- LIC AAO Prelims Memory Based Paper 2019 : Download here
- SBI Clerk Prelims 2019 Mock Test Papers : Download PDF
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO/Clerk 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|